BajaNomad

prayers

Keri - 11-17-2007 at 06:24 PM

Prayers needed for Bernie and his wife from his friends

Lu Ann his beloved wife is in ICU . Problem started with breathing the air from the fires and has been getting worst ,problems with her heart today. Please everyone send your prayers and good wishes to them. Bernie needs the support from his friends now.k

TMW - 11-17-2007 at 06:32 PM

Our prayers go out to them and hope for the better, best wishes.

Al G - 11-17-2007 at 06:49 PM

My best wishes and I will pray for your wife now...

Dave - 11-17-2007 at 06:52 PM

Keri, what Hospital?

Natalie Ann - 11-17-2007 at 06:53 PM

I offer prayers for Lu Ann's recovery and for Bernie's support. I'll be sure to light a special candle on my altar with the intent it help the light return to their lives.

Nena

Gypsy Jan - 11-17-2007 at 06:53 PM

Gypsy Jan, the Grouchy Gourmet and the dogs send all our best wishes to Bernie and Mrs. Bernie.

Oso - 11-17-2007 at 08:06 PM

wherever this ends up, the prayers of this family are with Bernie and his family.

Paula - 11-17-2007 at 09:33 PM

Bernie,

I hope for Lu Ann's speedy recovery, and will be thinking of you,

Que le vaya bien,

Paula

shari - 11-18-2007 at 08:03 AM

we send some healing power out to Lu Ann and light to help you through this difficult time Bernie...you are in our prayers and thoughts...think positively amigo.

lizard lips - 11-18-2007 at 08:21 AM

My prayers are with you and your wife Bernie.........

Bajagypsy - 11-18-2007 at 08:24 AM

Our thoughts are with you and your wife Bernie.

docsmom - 11-18-2007 at 09:59 AM

A special prayer for Bernie and Lu Ann.

Bajafun777 - 11-18-2007 at 10:04 AM

My prayers are with you Bernie and especially for your soul mate Lu Ann who has been there for you all through your Baja experiences. Lu Ann is a special person and again in church today I will ask for special prayers. Would also hope we can get updates on this situation. Later---bajafun777

David K - 11-18-2007 at 10:07 AM

Bernie, please know that Elizabeth and I are here for you and Lu Ann and hope for her quick recovery.

CaboMagic - 11-18-2007 at 10:08 AM

Add ours too .. Tommy & Lori and all of Team CMSF ...

Barry A. - 11-18-2007 at 10:12 AM

Bernie--------

thinking of you both, and our prayers are with you----------

barry and meredith

Mexitron - 11-18-2007 at 10:18 AM

Bernie--Prayers for a quick recovery.

Skipjack Joe - 11-18-2007 at 10:26 AM

Bernie - may everything turn out well for you and your wife.

pappy - 11-18-2007 at 10:27 AM

prayers to you bernie and to your wife for a full recovery....

gnukid - 11-18-2007 at 10:50 AM

Luann,

Were praying for you and hope that you feel better soon.

bajalera - 11-18-2007 at 12:09 PM

And you and Lu Ann have my prayers, too, Bernie. May you have some good news soon!

toneart - 11-18-2007 at 12:14 PM

Bernie,
You have touched my heart through your stories. Luann has been right there with you and therefore, in my heart too. Please read these posts to her. It is my sincere hope that the Nomads' collective prayers and best wishes will help her to recover quickly to stand strong by your side again soon. Luann.....think Baja!

DianaT - 11-18-2007 at 01:37 PM

Sending positive thoughts your way----we sure hope Luann will be well soon.

Diane and John

Eli - 11-18-2007 at 01:39 PM

Thanks Nena for putting this out there.

Man, oh man, am I ever glad that LuAnn is as fiesty a soul as ever walked the planet, this gives me great hope that she will fight this off also.

Wishing and praying to all powers that be that she will find her way back to your every day world Bernie.

rhintransit - 11-18-2007 at 02:25 PM

I've never met either of them but feel I know them through Bernie's posts. they are treasures of Baja history. best thougths and wishes from here.

sylens - 11-18-2007 at 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rhintransit
I've never met either of them but feel I know them through Bernie's posts. they are treasures of Baja history. best thougths and wishes from here.

my sentiments exactly. here's to a full and prompt recovery.

Thank you all for your nice words and please keep the prayers coming

Baja Bernie - 11-18-2007 at 10:28 PM

Keri called and let me know that this was posted so I checked in tonight, been a bit busy this past week and Lu really has a fight on 'our' hands......Still in intensive care unit and they can not get her heart back in wack and she can not breath without constant oxygen . They still have not pin pointed what is causing this stuff.............Perhaps tomorrow.

Boy! I can only say what a bunch of great guys & gals hang on this site.

Hopefully, Lu and I can, one day, get back to Baja where we belong.

I have printed this out and will share it with her when we put this behind us.

Prayers absolutely do help.

Iflyfish - 11-18-2007 at 10:42 PM

"Prayers absolutely do help"

You and your wife have ours amigo!

Iflyfish

Sallysouth - 11-20-2007 at 11:45 AM

Bernie was there for me all throughout this past year as I was fighting for my life also.Several surgeries later I am all healed.He and Luann prayed for me and sent me numerous emails.I want to return the concern they had for me and will pray daily for Luanns recovery.Get better soon Luann!!! Sally

Sallysouth - 11-20-2007 at 07:51 PM

Anyone hear from Bernie?? I am concerned, and he may need some serious support right now.Bump.

Things have turned from bad to worse

Keri - 11-20-2007 at 07:54 PM

They both need all the support you can muster. Please keep them in your prayers as Bernie said, they do work,k

[Edited on 11-21-2007 by Keri]

Diver - 11-20-2007 at 08:12 PM

Best wishes, Bernie.

She left us for a better place

Baja Bernie - 11-21-2007 at 02:46 AM

My Lady, my Lover and my Life left this place at 8:42 pm on 11-20-07. Her ashes will be spread in the Pacific Ocean in front of your old home in La Salina...mine will follow hers....whenever. Just feel so hollow inside.

Thank you all for your prayers....guess someone had different plans for my lady.

At least she is no longer suffering. Again, thank you all.

Diver - 11-21-2007 at 05:56 AM

Oh Bernie,

I am very sad for your loss.
I wish you strength and peace in the days to come.

fdt - 11-21-2007 at 05:58 AM

Mi amigo Bernie, cuanto lo siento. Un abrazo y estamos contigo.

God Bless Her Soul

Sonora Wind - 11-21-2007 at 06:06 AM

My heart is sad. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you. and your family.

Bajagypsy - 11-21-2007 at 07:29 AM

Bernie,

Our hearts go out to you at this difficult time, we will keep you in our thoughts.

Bernie, I am so sorry

Keri - 11-21-2007 at 08:37 AM

Mike and I send our love,k

bajaandy - 11-21-2007 at 09:23 AM

Bernie,

I am so sorry for your loss. Words seem so meaningless and insignificant, but know that the Baja Nomads grieve with you and mourn your loss.

rhintransit - 11-21-2007 at 09:29 AM

no words can soften your grief but know that others are thinking of you, you two have touched so many more lives than you can know. hasta luego to a beautiful soul.

David K - 11-21-2007 at 09:42 AM

I am sorry amigo...

She will be missed by more than you may know. She will always be alive in the hearts of those she touched, here on earth.

I am here for you my friend...

Natalie Ann - 11-21-2007 at 10:05 AM

Bernie, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your love. Prayers to you and all those who knew and loved her.

Nena

DanO - 11-21-2007 at 10:43 AM

My heartfelt condolences. We've never met, but we've shared some space here, and I've come to appreciate your important contributions. May she always live in your heart.

Skipjack Joe - 11-21-2007 at 10:56 AM

I'm saddened to read this this morning. I, also, have never met you in person but feel like I know. I can only imagine how you must feel. I lost my father 2 years ago. It takes time to heal. The first weeks are the toughest.

Paulina - 11-21-2007 at 11:26 AM

Bernie,

Dern, Cody and I extend our deepest sympathy. I just don't have the words to say, other than check your email.

P.

elgatoloco - 11-21-2007 at 11:30 AM

:no:

BigWooo - 11-21-2007 at 11:35 AM

I'm at a loss for words and Oladulce's not home to express her condolences, I'll do it for both of us.

We're both so very sorry, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

[Edited on 11-21-2007 by BigWooo]

SDRonni - 11-21-2007 at 12:44 PM

Tenderly, gently, softly...may warmest memories remain. My deepest condolences, Bernie.....

Bob H - 11-21-2007 at 01:41 PM

Bernie,
I'm so sad to read this thread today. I know you will miss Lu Ann greatly. During this difficult time, I know you will draw upon your own strength and the strength of loved ones that hold you in their thoughts.
Bob H

[Edited on 11-21-2007 by Bob H]

MrsFDT - 11-21-2007 at 01:52 PM

Just heard the news this morning. What can anyone say? Although we may try because we feel we must show that it matters, because it does, I don’t think any words are sufficient.

I cried as I read down the pages of "im sorry's" and could only think of how I would miss my own companion if he left me, even on the days I wished he would at least leave me alone, if not for a short while.

I can’t know what you feel, but can only imagine. So all I can do when I write this is repeat the support and sadness felt here for your loss. I’m sad for your early separation.

I’m not a religious person but I have a deep belief in love, life, death and God. I know that you feel she is no longer suffering pain. I can only hope that you can emotionally reach that place soon as well.

My prayers are for you and the eradication of that hollowness you feel. That time passes quickly and heals your heart as well as it can be mended.

My deepest condolences.
Simone

[Edited on 11-21-2007 by MrsFDT]

Mexitron - 11-21-2007 at 02:11 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss Bernie.

Sallysouth - 11-21-2007 at 02:20 PM

May God take her to a better place.I can't stop crying...abrazos Mi Amigo Bernie.I don't have the words.......

DENNIS - 11-21-2007 at 02:47 PM

I'm sorry, Bernie....So sorry.

Frank - 11-21-2007 at 03:25 PM

I am so sorry to hear she has passed Bernie. If you need anything please just ask. Frank

Paula - 11-21-2007 at 03:29 PM

Bernie,
Don and I will be thinking of you, along with all of these other Nomads. We are so sorry for your loss.

cabobaja - 11-21-2007 at 08:04 PM

Bernie,

I am so sorry. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Roberto - 11-21-2007 at 08:07 PM

Bernie,

Our sincere condolences to you and yours. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose my wife.

docsmom - 11-21-2007 at 09:42 PM

Bernie,
There are no appropriate words.
You're in my prayers.
Kathy

Bajafun777 - 11-21-2007 at 10:52 PM

Bernie, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much you carednd loved LuAnn and how much you looked after her. Even though we only had a few days to get to know each other I took notice of how patient she would be when you got into a conversation about Baja and she let you enjoy your stories you shared watching with a smiling face. Our church put you both in our prayers and Jesus will watch over her now and you know she is in a wonderful place. May God's Peace be with you amigo . Later-----bajafun777

prayers

chino - 11-21-2007 at 10:58 PM

Grace and Mercy to you Bernie.....

BajaNomad - 11-21-2007 at 11:15 PM

Bernie,

My heart sank reading what has happened to your partner; your wife.

Words cannot convey the sadness felt in our home today. Andrew, Jonathan, Ryland, Michelle and I are all thinking of you and sending loving thoughts your way sir.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can be of any assistance to you at all.

Neal Johns - 11-22-2007 at 12:14 AM

Hang in there, Bernie. Be aware you have a lot of friends on the Nomad Board that you have helped in many ways. They are all with you. Hope that helps a little.
Neal

Bob and Susan - 11-22-2007 at 05:30 AM

Our sincere condolences to you and yours.

Santiago - 11-22-2007 at 09:08 AM

Bernie: today I'm wearing my "Constibuter" T shirt in honor of your wife. :no:

A Lady named Mia--whom I do not know

Baja Bernie - 11-22-2007 at 07:49 PM

send me a U-2-U that touched me just a bit more than so many of yours (I thank you for that and certainly do not wish you to think that your words are deminished---they are not and are so important to me....I will hold them to my heart forever) Actually her words released me and allowed me to post these simple words that I gave my kids and grandkid on this day of thanks......................

Lu Ann Swaim
August 27, 1937 November 20, 2007

The Lady who faced life without a complaint and made us all so happy with her absolutely positive approach toward the future regardless of the pain which she carried with her for countless years

About how wonderful this Lady has been to each and everyone of us throughout our lives. A little shove here and a push there. Quietly

Your mother, grandmother, My Lady, my Lover and my Life. Always with a smile and encouragement for everyone

A Lady who had suffered much and one who has always been so calm, strong, loving, and giving

A gal who asked so little of us and yet filled our lives with a calm and soothing caring

We all have our thoughts of this wondrous Lady and how she has so quietly influenced our lives as she protected each of us and helped us over the bumps in the road

Know that she will always be with us as we continue to wander down life’s confusing but shining path—she will be shaking her head or smiling but she will always be there for each of us

Michael, Kara, and Dylan remember that she will be frowning at some of your antics—but mostly she will be smiling and nodding at your accomplishments in life

Tammy and Dawn, my wonderful daughters, remember all those little things that she placed within you to help you as you face the continuing challenges of placing similar values and thoughts in my grandkids who I love so dearly

Know that I will forever cherish my Lady, my Lover, and my Life

As me and mom always sign our many notes of love—

“Me”

Tears in My Eyes

Gypsy Jan - 11-22-2007 at 09:11 PM

as I type this on my keyboard.

Bernie, thank you for sharing so much with us, this internet Baja community, in your time of great loss.

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

bajalera - 11-22-2007 at 11:17 PM

So sorry you have lost your love, Bernie.

Lee

Paulina - 11-23-2007 at 12:15 AM

It may sound strange, but thank you Bernie, Mia and Tomas too, for showing us what it truly means to love and be loved.

P<*)))><

zforbes - 11-23-2007 at 07:38 AM

Bernie, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts in this difficult time. Thank you for sharing with us. Zoe

DianaT - 11-23-2007 at 10:54 AM

Beautiful words Bernie, thanks for sharing them.

We are so sorry and hope that each day will become a little easier for you and your loved ones.

Diane and John

Thank you all for your wonderful support in my time of need

Baja Bernie - 11-23-2007 at 08:47 PM

I thought I would close out this thread with something that I wrote a while back......................

"Being an optimist means that we must be disappointed and depressed because we strive for a truth that we may never find.....Being an eternal optimist means that we eternally seek understanding even as we are disappointed and depressed..."

I chose to be an optimist even as I struggle to find the truth and understand why my Lady was taken from me...........AND you have all helped me in this struggle---Thank you all!