BajaNomad

weekend surf fishing fun in Asuncion

shari - 11-19-2007 at 09:27 AM

On Sunday Juan took our latest visitor Kevin to San Roque to try for a yellowtail from the beach but as luck would have it, the yt were at church I guess. So we sat around eating snail c-cktail and drinking modelo negros and went boogie boarding until the tide came up enough to try fishing again at a different beach. I loved my new surf mat that Halboo left for us...it worked just fine! I sure love seeing guys in their 70's on a boogie board!
This time Juan also took Raymundo....Ray is from the Okanagon valley in B.C. canada and has been camping here with us for a month now. His new interest is surf fishing but he had never actually caught a fish....until yesterday...so this is a photo of his first fish!!! He was one happy camper and went on till dark and caught several boca dulce and halibut which we ate for dinner. ahhhh baja.

rayfishsm.jpg - 35kB

shari - 11-19-2007 at 09:29 AM

Raymundo kept saying....just one more cast and that's it...but when he would catch another fish...well...maybe one more and that's how it went until it got too dark to fish.

rayjuanlatesm.jpg - 31kB

fishbuck - 11-19-2007 at 01:52 PM

Way to go Ray! Looks like another fun day at the beach in Asuncion.

[Edited on 11-19-2007 by fishbuck]

Iflyfish - 11-19-2007 at 02:12 PM

What a great way to watch the sun go down.

Iflyfish

Bajagypsy - 11-19-2007 at 04:39 PM

I would say it is the ONLY way to watch the sun go down.

Barbareno - 11-22-2007 at 07:50 AM

I can't believe I missed this thread. Shari the picture of those 2 fishing at sunset gives me goose bumps on my duck pimples. That will be Tim and I soon.

I wonder if that fella from the OK valley will still be there when we get there. Tell him to safe us some fish.

Barb

shari - 11-23-2007 at 06:50 PM

Ray is heading back to the Okanagon next week for a bit, then he'll be back...he's leaving his rig here with us and taking the bus back to San diego to fly home. I can't wait to see you casting off the beach Barb!

fishbuck - 11-23-2007 at 08:09 PM

Shari, can you ask one of your guest to catch a nice yellowtail
so you can post one of your famous goofy smile fish pictures. It's okay if Juan catches one too. If it's off the beach even better.
I need one of those pictures to psych me up for the drive. I am going to leave around Dec. 7 or so. Fish picture or not.
I'm hoping my collarbone is healed enough to fish. It's my reeling arm so I should be okay.

[Edited on 11-24-2007 by fishbuck]

shari - 11-24-2007 at 11:09 AM

Hopefully I'll post a silly fish pic tomorrow as Juan is out fishing right now with Bajarasta and his minirasta daughter. Unfortunately the wind picked up real early so we'll see. The bajarastas finally made it and set up camp here and are easy to recognize....major dreadlocks on both parents and two adorable little girls in rasta dresses. Needless to say we have been having a wonderful time!!!! No surf these days so they went fishing instead. Today we take them to a kids birthday party at the pink disco...should be interesting to see the ladies reaction to the super dreads on mom!!!:wow:
Fishbuck,hope you are healing quickly and look forward to your next visit.