BajaNomad

Expensive places to stay in Baja

fishbuck - 11-22-2007 at 05:04 PM

http://rancholascruces.com
This place is awesome. The very first resort in baja.

bajajudy - 11-22-2007 at 07:12 PM

That is amazing. The photo gallery is fabulous. Now if I can just find $600 a night to spend on a room for hubby and I.....:no:

fishbuck - 11-22-2007 at 07:19 PM

Ya, it would be a bit of a splurge for sure. I visited there a few years back and they gave me a tour. If I was rich...

Diver - 11-22-2007 at 08:10 PM

So why are you posting about this place ? As if I didn't know.
It cost double what Playa Frambes cost so we know you can't/won't afford it.

fishbuck - 11-22-2007 at 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
So why are you posting about this place ? As if I didn't know.
It cost double what Playa Frambes cost so we know you can't/won't afford it.

I've thought about staying here but you're right Diver. I'd probably stay at a cheap place in La Paz and fish out of Los Muertos.
I once stayed at Hosteria Convento in La Paz. I think it was $12/night. Loved it.

DENNIS - 11-22-2007 at 09:17 PM

So.....What's the verdict? Is the 20% per day tip too much for you tightwads? Or would it be the guest parking fee and the mandatory security charge? After all, this place is class. They don't even have a registration or bye-bye fee. Maybe later. Y'all better hunker in here for a while 'fore the rents go up. Oh, yeah....this just in. Add 50 bucks per day if you want to flush the toilet.
C'mon down, you stupid rich ********. Always enough room for you.

[Edited on 11-23-2007 by Hose A]

vandenberg - 11-22-2007 at 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
So.....What's the verdict? Is the 20% per day tip too much for you tightwads? Or would it be the guest parking fee and the mandatory security charge? After all, this place is class. They don't even have a registration or bye-bye fee. Maybe later. Y'all better hunker in here for a while 'fore the rents go up. Oh, yeah....this just in. Add 50 bucks per day if you want to flush the toilet.
C'mon down, you stupid rich ********. Always enough room for you.

Dennis ,you're not imbibing are you, my boy :?::?:

Got a little trouble making sense of your post, which are usually fairly coherent :biggrin::biggrin:

[Edited on 11-23-2007 by Hose A]

DENNIS - 11-22-2007 at 09:26 PM

Jus a lil. Why? Ya wan sum?

DENNIS - 11-22-2007 at 09:33 PM

What do you mean, Ed? You didn't see the link to that muy caro guest facility up there on Fishbuck's first post? I'm just appaled and outraged at prices for lodgeing these days but, I must admit, the world has passed me by.
Anyway, d'ya wansum or doncha? It's going fast.

Don Alley - 11-22-2007 at 09:46 PM

I've stayed there. Was a while ago, though.

Family and friends at Rancho Las Cruces, 1961:

DENNIS - 11-22-2007 at 10:02 PM

Great foto, Don. Was that one of the famous black and white Polaroids?

BajaNomad - 11-22-2007 at 10:15 PM

They have a nice chapel out there for weddings.

My understanding was that this is/was Cortez' first landing spot.

Don Alley - 11-22-2007 at 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Great foto, Don. Was that one of the famous black and white Polaroids?

Yep.

This is my only colored photo:

Somewhere, I think a brother has it, is a photo album of 8x10 b&w photos from the resort, of my parents, aunt and uncle, and friends taken by a professional photographer on a 1959 trip. If I can get my hands on it, maybe next summer, I'll post some. Great photos.

On our 1961 trip we stayed one night at the Rodriguez home, then a week at the resort. Met Bing Crosby too; he sang a tune for the ladies. The place sure looks bigger now.

edit: on second thought, the b&w pictures might have been taken with one of those tiny little cameras-I don't remember the name-that looked like a Pez dispenser.

[Edited on 11-23-2007 by Don Alley]

Did someone mention expensive?

Dave - 11-22-2007 at 10:18 PM

Can't touch this.

http://www.rancholapuerta.com/

I've spent some of the longest, most miserable and expensive weeks of my life there. A beautiful place, though.

BajaNomad - 11-22-2007 at 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
I've spent some of the longest, most miserable and expensive weeks of my life there.
:lol:

Paulina - 11-22-2007 at 10:32 PM

I've got family history there as well. It may be a bit too rico for my blood now though...

Uncle Andy:

Three out of the five of these photos were taken by my Grandfather at Las Cruces. I am pictured in the bottom left hand photo at Papagayos Ensenada, on my mom's lap, with my Grandfather, as well as the photo where I'm fishing in the bait tank.

[Edited on 23-11-2007 by Paulina]

fishbuck - 11-22-2007 at 10:48 PM

I have a marlin photo from Las Cruces that my dad caught in 1959. The same year I was born. He flew a Twinbeech all the way from Chicago. It was his first flying job and he flew the company execs there.
My sister has the photo. It's like a postcard.
So I went there to get permission to fly in with my dad a couple years back. But my dad never made it back. He died from cancer shortly after I visited. Someday I'll fly in there and stay and I don't care how much it costs. Maybe I'll catch a marlin too!

Paulina - 11-22-2007 at 10:55 PM

fishbuck,
I hope you make the journey back. Here's a lifted glass and a "saludos" to you in advance for when that moment happens.
P<*)))><

Paula - 11-22-2007 at 10:56 PM

Quote:
Can't touch this.

I've spent some of the longest, most miserable and expensive weeks of my life there. A beautiful place, though.

Dave, what were you doing there that caused such suffering??

fishbuck - 11-22-2007 at 10:59 PM

Quote:
Can't touch this.

What is that place? Some sort of health ranch or something? Looks like about $450/night.

fishbuck - 11-22-2007 at 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
fishbuck,
I hope you make the journey back. Here's a lifted glass and a "saludos" to you in advance for when that moment happens.
P<*)))><

Thanks!

capt. mike - 11-23-2007 at 04:15 AM

i just spent 3 days/nights at the cabo azul resort in los cabos.
rack on our "villa" was $550 per noche. and it goes to $800 on Dec 1st.

i didn't pay but man was it NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin::spingrin:

maybe the nicest place we have stayed in mex or baja.

805gregg - 11-23-2007 at 07:56 AM

Don't forget Bahia De Los Suenos (Muertos) starting at $700 per nite.

fishbuck - 11-23-2007 at 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg
Don't forget Bahia De Los Suenos (Muertos) starting at $700 per nite.

Is that the old Hotel Punta Arenas? Or is there a new place?

vandenberg - 11-23-2007 at 09:19 AM

Quote:
Dave, what were you doing there that caused such suffering??

Possibly honeymooning :?::?:

Will make anybody suffer ar those prices :biggrin::biggrin: