BajaNomad

Victim Shoots Back

bajaguy - 11-27-2007 at 10:01 AM

Gunmen open fire on Baja security advisor's home

By Anna Cearley
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

8:20 a.m. November 27, 2007

TIJUANA – A large group of armed men opened fire early this morning on the Tijuana house of Alberto Capella, president of a state citizens' advisory board that addresses public security issues in Baja California.
Capella escaped injury during the 2 a.m. attack even though Mexican media reported that more than 100 shots were fired at the house, many of them aimed at the bedroom where Capella was sleeping.

Capella, speaking by telephone to Tijuana's XEWT-12 Televisa station, described how he grabbed a firearm kept in his home for emergencies like this and started firing back at 'dozens of people with luxury vehicles in attack positions.'
'I believe God gave me a second opportunity, and Ihave to take advantage of this and continue forward,' he said.

In Capella's role overseeing the citizens' advisory board, he has often spoken publicly in general terms about organized crime and kidnapping problems in Tijuana and the state. He has headed several state-wide marches for peace and in memory of crime victims.

Capella is considered a candidate for a top public security post under Tijuana mayor-elect Jorge Ramos, who takes office Dec. 1. Capella speculated that may have been the motive for the attack.

backninedan - 11-27-2007 at 10:12 AM

Dead man walking.

Leo - 11-27-2007 at 10:15 AM

The 'wild west' continues. The means of transportation and the issues have changed a bit, but the outcome is the same. When does it stop?

bajaguy - 11-27-2007 at 10:49 AM

Leo....it stops when somebody makes a stand. just like the movie "High Noon". We all need to make a stand, either individually or as a group.....hopefully, both.

Unfortunately, as Dennis so often says, we as a group are all talk and no action. If you want the boycott to work, it has to be coordinated.....who will do that???. I also believe a letter writing campaign will also work (we also need to enlist our Mexican friends in Baja to also write those letters).

My suggestion is to write the letters......BUT also prepare to take the fight to the crooks. There are plenty of things you can do do to protect yourself, and still take the offensive, both at home and/or when travelling.

Just as the Eagle on the Great Seal of the United States clutches an olive branch (for peace) in one claw, she also holds arrows (for war) in the other.....and so should we.

Diver - 11-27-2007 at 10:52 AM

Are bow and arrows legal in Mexico ??? :)

gnukid - 11-27-2007 at 11:05 AM

They took one bad guy away from my street for 5 years and they are coming for others one by one. Now its so quiet, you don't hear modified exhaust pipes all night as losers cruise for drugs, you hear the birds and silence. Best night of sleep ever. Even the dogs are sleeping.

DENNIS - 11-27-2007 at 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Are bow and arrows legal in Mexico ??? :)

I asked the same thing about crossbows a while back. No one seems to know. Legality here has so many variables.

bajaguy - 11-27-2007 at 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
.......Now its so quiet, you don't hear modified exhaust pipes all night as losers cruise for drugs, you hear the birds and silence. Best night of sleep ever. Even the dogs are sleeping.

Another method that works is 1" roofing nails...........

Bajajack - 11-27-2007 at 12:36 PM

Bow and Arrow's are not illegal.

DENNIS - 11-27-2007 at 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajack
Bow and Arrow's are not illegal.

At Ciudad Deportes, south end of Ensenada, there are hay bales with targets attached for archery.

bajaguy - 11-27-2007 at 01:25 PM

are they the archery bull's eyes or human silhouette targets???

DENNIS - 11-27-2007 at 01:46 PM

Regular archery circular targets. I should look closer. Maybe they're smiley faces.

fdt - 11-27-2007 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Leo....it stops when somebody makes a stand.

That is what Jesus Alberto Capella does.

gnukid - 11-27-2007 at 06:05 PM

contigo es posible