BajaNomad

Quick trip report-TJ to La Paz

Jack Swords - 11-29-2007 at 02:48 PM

Left TJ Tuesday at 7 AM, arrived at GN 4 PM. GN to Loreto on Wed. Loreto to La Paz Thursday. No problems, very quiet. Not a single checkpoint stopped us. Roads good, people friendly and helpful. Had quite a bit of rain from Loreto to La Paz. Dry country until Mulege, very green and lush S of Loreto. Temp today in La Paz 80 with clouds and slight rainfall. Here for the winter.

gnukid - 11-29-2007 at 03:48 PM

Well done. Bienvenidos en La Paz puerto de ilusion. Hasta muy pronto en el malecon amigo.

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-29-2007 at 03:53 PM

I am happy you made it safe and sound. Enjoy your time there.

Hook - 11-29-2007 at 06:08 PM

Glad you made it, Jack.

Wanted to let you know I got a Yaesu FT-8800 and plan on taking my Technicians license exam in early December.

Saving for an HF radio for now.

David K - 11-29-2007 at 06:16 PM

Enjoy your winter on La Paloma... What historic sites are you planning on exploring this year?

Last year's discovery: http://community-2.webtv.net/drdrip/swords

Previous discoveries: http://vivabaja.com/swords

I an sure many Nomads appreciate your efforts and photography!:bounce:

Jack Swords - 11-30-2007 at 06:44 AM

Hook...look at the mods for that radio! Capable of much more! Google FT8800 mods.

David...San Hilario for one (Mission garden re: G&G).

TMW - 11-30-2007 at 08:18 AM

Jack, I admit I am jealous. La Paz is my favorite Baja city and instead of enjoying the warm and friendly adventures it offers I'm in 55 degree rainy weather getting ready for our office asbestos removal and rework. My only IT tech is going to Denmark for a month so I don't know how far I can venture even on a weekend. Oh well a new year is soon coming.

Hook - 11-30-2007 at 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Swords
Hook...look at the mods for that radio! Capable of much more! Google FT8800 mods.

David...San Hilario for one (Mission garden re: G&G).

Jack. Been there. Done 'em. Awesome! Ridiculously simple.

Thanks for all the inspiration.