BajaNomad

Sad news in Tecate...Juan Soriano Killed

rdrrm8e - 12-4-2007 at 01:10 PM

There doesn't seem to be light at the end of the tunnel yet.

By Lizbeth Diaz
REUTERS

December 4, 2007

TIJUANA, Mexico – Gunmen killed the police chief of a Mexican city bordering California Tuesday by shooting him some 50 times in an apparent revenge attack after police found a drug-smuggling tunnel under the border.
Gunmen broke into the house of Tecate police chief Juan Soriano in the early hours of the morning and shot him repeatedly in the face and torso as he slept in bed with his wife, an official at the Baja California state attorney general's office told Reuters. His wife was not hit.

The killing of Soriano, who had started his job only last week, appeared to be an act of revenge against Mexican police, who Monday discovered a tunnel nearly a mile long running into California from Tecate near the Pacific coast after a tip-off from the U.S. Border Patrol.

"As soon as Soriano made public the discovery of the tunnel, he went home and hours later, they executed him in his bedroom," said the official, who requested anonymity.

Police also found two tons of marijuana in a vehicle near the tunnel, which ran from an abandoned warehouse close to the Tecate crossing point into a rural area of Southern California, and was one of the longest ever discovered along the U.S.-Mexico border.

The Mexican government says the deployment of some 25,000 troops and federal police across Mexico is halting drug violence between warring cartels fighting for dominance of smuggling routes to the United States, citing a fall in monthly murder tolls.

But violence has continued in Baja California, Mexico's bloodiest state, where more than 300 people have been killed this year.

Some 2,350 people have died in Mexican drug violence so far this year, most of them members of rival gangs.

Mexico police chief murder linked to border tunnel | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSN04471445)

[Edited on 12-4-2007 by rdrrm8e]

Minnow - 12-4-2007 at 01:16 PM

But violence has continued in Baja California, Mexico's bloodiest state, where more than 300 people have been killed this year.

Wow! What we have is Columbia at our southern border. Abre ojos everybody.

Bajajack - 12-4-2007 at 01:39 PM

Hit by 50 bullets, his wife was not, and no one saw a thing, sound familiar, this was a message sent and it was not from the cartel, no ******* way.

[Edited on 12-4-2007 by Hose A]

DENNIS - 12-4-2007 at 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajack
Hit by 50 bullets, his wife was not, and no one saw a thing, sound familiar, this was a message sent and it was not from the cartel, no ******* way.

Then, who did it? Who ordered it done?

[Edited on 12-4-2007 by Hose A]

Minnow - 12-4-2007 at 02:23 PM

Smack, Smack. Are you awake yet Dennis. Jack was being facetious. Now I know that is a big word for you, but you can google it.

Dennis, sorry. I can only give mierda to people who fall within certain peramiters now. Unfortunately for you, you are one of them. Read...... people who can take a joke.:P

DENNIS - 12-4-2007 at 02:30 PM

Minnow....

I still can't tell if he was being facetious or not but, I've been preoccupied trying to figure out what seven letter word he had dumped. Does anybody know? "Logical" fits. This is like a crossword puzzle.

tripledigitken - 12-4-2007 at 02:31 PM

humor, sarcasim, anger any emotion for that matter needs a smiley to drive the message, IMO.

I have learned this the hard way.:wow:

Ken

bancoduo - 12-4-2007 at 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajack

Then, who did it? Who ordered it done?

Wayne Newton

DENNIS - 12-4-2007 at 02:40 PM

You mean Wayne Newton the dancer?
Actually, I was thinking that since his wife was right next to him and wasn't hit that maybe she had it done. You know....Honeymoon's over, trouble in Paradise and all that stuff.

toneart - 12-4-2007 at 02:44 PM

I would have to side with Dennis on that one. The way Bajajack wrote it didn't appear facetious. I can see how it could be facetious, but subtlety is lost in phrasing by novice writers. In the spoken language, intent would be made clearer by inflection.

Dennis is sometimes deserving of criticism. Aren't we all? In my opinion, this is not one of those times.

There is also the possibility that Bajajack is serious and is presenting an opinion. Doubtful, but I have seen others offer that opinion. (Picture a straight face, no smile, wide eyes, eyebrows arched, no wink wink).

rdrrm8e - 12-4-2007 at 03:02 PM

Another thread hijacked by the semantics police.:?:

Can we stay on topic please:mad:

toneart - 12-4-2007 at 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rdrrm8e
Another thread hijacked by the semantics police.:?:

Can we stay on topic please:mad:

It did stay on topic. Someone offered an opinion. The opinion was questioned. This is what we do. We all want to know "who done it". Your criticism is even more out of line than the criticism you are objecting to.

If you want to not hijack the thread, why don't you offer an opinion on the topic?

JZ - 12-4-2007 at 03:13 PM

This is CRAZY stuff.

Bajajack - 12-4-2007 at 03:14 PM

OK, without going into a lot of details that would probably be deleted anyway, it's pretty easy to figure out.

BP notifies chief of tunnel, whether crooked or honest he has no choice now but announce it, shortly thereafter 2 tons of grass are found by the Tecate Police, same thing with them, they are now being watched and have no choice.

The grass was already at the border so the bad guys have already been paid and could really give a r*ts a**.

Now, who has the most to lose when the new chief has to start spilling his guts the next day?

vandenberg - 12-4-2007 at 03:48 PM

Now that's almost as clear as my frosted bathroom window.:?:
I think that I better have some serious Tequila.:)
I'm sure that after a quart or so, it should come to me. :biggrin::biggrin:

And BTW, Dennis's idea about the wife makes more sense.:P

[Edited on 12-4-2007 by vandenberg]

Hook - 12-4-2007 at 03:48 PM

The contraband was found on the US side of the border, according to other accounts I have read about the tunnel.

bancoduo - 12-4-2007 at 03:53 PM

I'm reading the report and watching the news on TV. Their having a live interview with the BP sector chief talking about the victorious tunnel find. He gave a evasive answer about what was at the other end of the tunnel. He said it was in the hands of the Mexican narco police. Never mentioned the Tecate shooting.

Who in the **** are the narco police?

Why do they have a sector chief who is english language challenged?

[Edited on 12-5-2007 by Hose A]

comitan - 12-4-2007 at 04:00 PM

Just how much was found on the Mexican side of the tunnel waiting to be transported? and what was done with it, and where is it now, nobody knows. (The police chief knew!!!!!!!!!)

[Edited on 12-4-2007 by comitan]

toneart - 12-4-2007 at 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Now that's almost as clear as my frosted bathroom window.:?:
I think that I better have some serious Tequila.:)
I'm sure that after a quart or so, it should come to me. :biggrin::biggrin:

And BTW, Dennis's idea about the wife makes more sense.:P

[Edited on 12-4-2007 by vandenberg]

:lol::lol::lol:

ELINVESTIG8R - 12-4-2007 at 05:03 PM

This is a rough crowd. All of you tough guys should be issued automatic weapons from the (U.S. side of course) and sent to the border as Gringo decoys in a Gringo camper and shoot the ******** yourselves. Sheesh :lol:

[Edited on 12-5-2007 by Hose A]

Hook - 12-4-2007 at 05:08 PM

So, the wife was in bed with the cartels and the police chief......literally!

Nice work by the Nomad gumshoe..........Dennis!!!! LOL!

Bajajack - 12-4-2007 at 05:15 PM

Better think about that one. If it was revenge killing done by the cartel do you think anyone in the house would have been left alive? I don't think so.

ELINVESTIG8R - 12-4-2007 at 05:19 PM

Today the Procuraduría General de Justicia del Estado (PGJE) found two vehicles at Rancho Los Rosales in Tecate. One was a gray Ford Lobo without plates and the other was a Toyota Tundra with California USA plates. Inside of the vehicle they found gloves, sweats and various other articles which they are examining.

ELINVESTIG8R - 12-4-2007 at 05:20 PM

It was probably a plomo o plata thing and he did not choose plata. If that is the case then I applaud him and mourn his death.

bancoduo - 12-4-2007 at 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTI8
Today the Procuraduría General de Justicia del Estado (PGJE) found two vehicles at Rancho Los Rosales in Tecate. One was a gray Ford Lobo without plates and the other was a Toyota Tundra with California USA plates. Inside of the vehicle they found gloves, sweats and various other articles which they are examining.
:lol::lol::lol:they used to be called (PJE) "policia judicial del estado"

ROTTON TO THE CORE
Change the name and get respect. Patented PR ploy. Those guys are cartel flunkies.

David K - 12-4-2007 at 06:46 PM

I vote for martial law until the mess is solved!

Tijuana, Rosarito, now Tecate... all areas to be avoided until they get serious about protecting the law abiding and jailing the law breakers.

Who wants to be a police chief in Baja... only to be assasinated in front of your family?

This is nuts people... Let's hope the Mexicali corridor remains semi-safe for those who must cross La Frontera until the crap is cleaned up!

Bajajack - 12-4-2007 at 07:05 PM

Watch what happens in the next few days, there's gonna be a lot of heads rolling, probably literally.

Bajafun777 - 12-4-2007 at 07:12 PM

Well, hate to break the news to you David K. but Mexicali has had similar killings of law enforcement in daytime hours. The dirtbags have no fear and until Mexico puts in the death sentence in their Constitution these drug cartels have no fear. It is tough enough doing your job in law enforcement without this B.S., use to be law enforcement officers and their homes were off limits but not now. Need to hunt these dirtbags down and let the special units pronounce sentence on the spot to avoid future escapes from custody and more killings. Enough is Enough Mexico must get the troops back on line in Baja and end this or it will be their own undoing. Good work by our B.P. in finding these tunnels regardless of how they found them, being on the job sooner or later you get the dirtbags or their stuff. Later============bajafun777

Hook - 12-4-2007 at 08:58 PM

I hear Blackwater may be needing new contracts soon.

Let's see....armed para-military units, in-fighting between police forces, a helpless civilian population (only this one without weapons), favoritism by rival political parties for government posts.

Yep, I think they are used to think scene.

And tell em they wont have to wear black in 110 degrees, neither.................

DENNIS - 12-5-2007 at 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
I hear Blackwater may be needing new contracts soon.

And tell em they wont have to wear black in 110 degrees, neither.................

Like the CIA, I believe they prefer Hawaiian shirts.

Minnow - 12-5-2007 at 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by grover
SO out of control.

Minor point: the illegal drug industry exists only because of profit.

How's that war on drugs coming along, world?

What an over simplistic view of the problem. No wonder you relate to sesame street.:lol:

rts551 - 12-5-2007 at 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
I vote for martial law until the mess is solved!

Tijuana, Rosarito, now Tecate... all areas to be avoided until they get serious about protecting the law abiding and jailing the law breakers.

David

Tecate has been a drug haven forever. Check out in the google news who lives in the small towns east of tecate

rts551 - 12-5-2007 at 04:28 PM

From the LA Times a while back

"Jacume: a 'Black Hole'

Located along Interstate 8 about 70 miles east of San Diego, the tiny town of Jacumba sits across the fence from the “black hole” of Jacume, Mexico, a known center of human and drug trafficking. Smugglers make this one of the busiest corridors on the border.

Police personnel are heavily armed. But cross-border cooperation between U.S. and Mexican authorities is reportedly hindered by widespread corruption along the line.
(Luis Sinco / LAT)

Daniel Mora was suspended last year as commander of the Tecate Police Department, which oversees Jacume. He was suspected of being in league with smugglers. He dismisses the allegations against him as groundless and politically motivated.
(Luis Sinco / LAT)

Traffickers control the high ground in Jacume. The most prominent smuggling boss is said to direct operations from an A-frame house with a wrap-around balcony, affording a 180-degree view of U.S. border defenses."

motoged - 12-5-2007 at 04:30 PM

Quote:
I vote for martial law until the mess is solved!!

David,
You still have that tundra w/ Cal. plates??? :biggrin:

vandenberg - 12-5-2007 at 04:35 PM

Quote:
What an over simplistic view of the problem. No wonder you relate to sesame street.:lol:

Two ways to look at the problem. Annihilate the users and no more demand.:biggrin::biggrin:

vandenberg - 12-5-2007 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Traffickers control the high ground in Jacume. The most prominent smuggling boss is said to direct operations from an A-frame house with a wrap-around balcony, affording a 180-degree view of U.S. border defenses."

Like the old middle aged castles in Europe :P
Does he have a moat :(:biggrin:

vacaenbaja - 12-5-2007 at 05:39 PM

Calling Sr. Elliot Ness. Where are you?

rts551 - 12-5-2007 at 05:45 PM

Gunman Opens Fire at Omaha Mall, 9 dead

Wonder what the Mexicans say about us?

Al G - 12-5-2007 at 06:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg...Annihilate the users and no more demand.:biggrin::biggrin:
Tax the proceeds from government dispensaries...

THREEFER! (cuts off cartels, helps deficit, empties prisons, cuts down property crime)...

I guess that was four.

Grover...you forgot one...the total collapse of the US economy because the bleeding hearts demanding the tax payer hospitalize government druggies...

David K - 12-5-2007 at 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Quote:

David,

Nope... :lol:

(Tundra?):?:

Al G - 12-5-2007 at 06:56 PM

Quote:
"...government druggies..." ???

I thought he was out of rehab already.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

motoged - 12-6-2007 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

David,

David,
I thought your Toyota was a Tundra....whoops !!!:biggrin:

David K - 12-6-2007 at 02:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

David,

David,
I thought your Toyota was a Tundra....whoops !!!:biggrin:

No worries Ged, I am safe in my Tacoma, right???:lol:

707 288r.JPG - 23kB