BajaNomad

Ricky's Place KM 36.2

bajadock - 12-4-2007 at 03:08 PM

Simple food prepared well and served in a unique atmosphere is my dining preference. "Dive Dining" is something my brother and I coined as a term to describe ethnic/eccentric spots.

Ricky's Place at KM 36.2, 1 mile south of Popotla/Fox Studios fits. Basic mex and seafood are the solid and inexpensive offerings. The specialty is the evening entertainment. Check out the sign next to Lou Ann in pic#2.

A pole, in the middle of the dance floor, encourages unique audience participation in the evening's entertainment. The rafters are full of lingerie!

Also, according to the proprietor, Russel Crowe has visited often, as recently as 3 months ago. RC purchased the new sound system, as he wanted better tunes for he and his pals while filming "Master and Commander" at Fox.

And, for you ladies, according to the beertendress during my visit, she confirmed that RC is as handsome and tall as he appears on film.

Now, if you're a Lexus drivin', Gucci wearin', Givenchy smellin', Prada kickin', Rolex timin' gringo, you may be scared off from this place. And that's good for the rest of us who really know how to have a good time.

Fred - 12-4-2007 at 03:22 PM

Thanks for the info. I am always looking for new place to try in Baja.