BajaNomad

More rain! nnnggg!

skydiveblake - 12-7-2007 at 08:54 AM

Holy crap its raining hard in Sandy Ego! We're leaving for La Paz Monday morning - any rain reports for Baja Norte we should be aware of, or is the highway still pretty passable?

bajadock - 12-7-2007 at 09:11 AM

thanks for warning. last week's rain also meandered south and brought devastation to area on Punta Banda peninsula(see Bajabound2005 "mudslides" post). this area is 5 miles removed from HWY1.

Wind is up from South/SE and clouds look threatening.

Perhaps other Nomad weather stations can report.

bajaguy - 12-7-2007 at 10:39 AM

8"" of SNOW in Carson City!!!!!

Bob and Susan - 12-7-2007 at 11:16 AM

sunny and CLEAR here in mulege :P:P

ELINVESTIG8R - 12-7-2007 at 11:19 AM

Two hours 15 minutes to drive to work today. For goodness sake I wish I could retire.:lol:

bajadock - 12-7-2007 at 01:35 PM

Visibility has improved slightly at noon. Heavy winds down, but, steady sprinkle.

Caldo Del Mar brewing for tonight's party...Pearls of the Sea is theme honoring Dec 7 and Johnny Weismuller's(Tarzan) world record swim today in 1925.

Rain Here in Richfield Utah

Sonora Wind - 12-7-2007 at 02:19 PM

But it turns to snow tonight. I only have two options. Wax the skis, or run for the boader:cool:

Hook - 12-7-2007 at 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by skydiveblake
Holy crap its raining hard in Sandy Ego! We're leaving for La Paz Monday morning - any rain reports for Baja Norte we should be aware of, or is the highway still pretty passable?

Kwitcherb-tchin--we're finally getting the first good rains in almost two years.

Dont jinx it...............

Paulina - 12-7-2007 at 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by skydiveblake

I'm tempted to hijack this thread to ask Bajadock if he has a leopard print Tarzan sarong to wear to his party tonight, but I'll stick to the topic at hand.

Because of the rains one should always be aware of the chance of flash flooding. NOT that this is happening now because of this storm, but fyi. If you get to a vado with running water, take precautions before crossing. Walk it first if you have to, or wait until a larger vehicle crosses in front of you or from the other direction.
Most likely you'll be fine come Monday, but if you do come to a running water intersection in the middle of nowhere, check it out first before crossing.
P<*)))><

bajaguy - 12-7-2007 at 06:25 PM

Paula....I'm still trying to convince Bajablonde that it is safe to walk into the vado to check the depth and speed of the water......so far, she is not buying it!!!:lol::?::lol:

vandenberg - 12-7-2007 at 06:47 PM

Bajadoc,

Gotta cut your pictures.
You're running us of the page.:(:(

DianaT - 12-7-2007 at 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Paula....I'm still trying to convince Bajablonde that it is safe to walk into the vado to check the depth and speed of the water......so far, she is not buying it!!!:lol::?::lol:

John had similar thoughts. :fire:

Instead, we waited for another vehicle to cross from the other direction. :yes::yes:

Just a little north of Catavina

Diane

[Edited on 12-8-2007 by jdtrotter]

Bob and Susan - 12-8-2007 at 06:06 AM

you guys NEED to come to the sea of cortez side:lol:

6am on the bay in mulege

today.jpg - 33kB

Bob and Susan - 12-8-2007 at 07:06 AM

looks like high puffy clouds today....:o
the rest to the sky is clear

today.jpg - 32kB

Bruce R Leech - 12-8-2007 at 08:06 AM

still raining here

bajadock - 12-8-2007 at 10:17 AM

No tarzan costumes, but lots of howlin over the red wine and cioppino. Sun is blasting through the clouds at 9AM.