BajaNomad

An open letter to TJ Police

Santiago - 12-8-2007 at 08:12 AM

An Open Letter to the Tijuana Chief of Police

Please issue window stickers that say “I already gave at the Office” that all police would be required to honor on pain of losing their job. These stickers would be sold when a tourist buys their FMT and would be good for however long the FMT is good for and would be, of course, non-transferable. The bank would collect the fee at the same time as they collect the FMT fee, thus assuring that the funds would go to your department. You would disperse these funds to cover the shortfall to the local beat cop who promises not to rob any decal holder.
If possible, please enter the license plate of all sticker holders into your computer system and train the police to first call in the license before pulling the tourist over, this saving everyone valuable time.
While some research would be needed to establish the market value of this sticker; I offer the following: I would be willing to pay $100 for a 180 day sticker, or $1000 for a lifetime sticker. The lifetime sticker should have a different appearance and have a few perks not available to the normal sticker buyer.
Thank you

ELINVESTIG8R - 12-8-2007 at 08:41 AM

:lol:

Al G - 12-8-2007 at 08:46 AM

You do not want to hear what I think about this...too early to get that ugly...:barf::lol:
Edit: Maybe it was in jest....:?::biggrin:

[Edited on 12-8-2007 by Al G]

DENNIS - 12-8-2007 at 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
I would be willing to pay $100 for a 180 day sticker, or $1000 for a lifetime sticker. Thank you

Let me send you my mailing address. I just happen to have a few of the New and Improved ten thousand year model of that same sticker. Same low price as the old Lifetime model. Of course, it's in secret code which only the police understand, AAA. Buy it and drive with peace of mind.

bajaguy - 12-8-2007 at 10:46 AM

I have one of those lifetime models...............the Gold Card......I never leave home without it.

DPS badge.jpg - 19kB

bajamigo - 12-8-2007 at 11:05 AM

Not a bad idea. If companies all over the world can buy and sell pollution credits, why not a system of "mordida merits?"