BajaNomad

With apologies to Clement C Moore.....

The Sculpin - 12-10-2007 at 08:38 PM

'Twas the night before Christmas, I was driving Mex 1. No drunks, trucks, or burros, not even a bum;

Flying through the Vizcaino without even a care, Heading for San Nicholas, sure hope there's fish there;

The kids were asleep in the back of the 'burb. The tailwind was howling, quite a sound to be heard;

And Mamma in front ,and I at the wheel, had just settled down after quite a long meal,

When under the hood there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my seat to see what was the matter.

Away to the shoulder I flew like a flash, Tore open the hood, now where's that sound at?

The moon on the breast of the Tres Virgenes, gave a luster of midday to the cactus around us.

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a Ford F-150, with eight tiny reindeer?

That truck was lit up!, all green red and yellow, that driver was odd, a jolly old fellow.

He skin was like caramel, his eyes were all knowing, and his clothes were all tarnished with dirt and some oil;

A bundle of tools he had flung on his back, And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth, and the smoke, smelled like mota, he must be police;

A wink of his eye, and a twist of his head, soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work, He poked, and he prodded, he even called me a jerk!

Air filter, heater hose, brake fluid, spark plugs, "the yellows are biting" he said with a shrug,

Guillermo's got dorado, Verdugo does too, lots of bugs in Juanico, and Cabo has blues

Radiator, head gasket, fuel filter, oil pan, he's stripping the 'burb! gotta stop 'im while I can!

Not to worry, he says, I have found the problema, there's surf wax stuck all over your carbuereta!

With a wave of his hand, and some strange smelling dust, all the parts flew around, and landed right where they must,

He sprang to his feet, to the deer gave a nod, rev'ed that Ford up, and drove away in a fog.

The kids were all sleepy eyed and all started stirring, "get in the car, Dad, we all want to go surfing!"

I looked down the road, I could not see a sight, the marg's at Mallarimo's must have been strong this last night!

As I climed in the cab, with a smile, then a chuckle, I soon howled with laughter, thinking about all that rubble,

Then I heard him exclaim as he drove out of sight, "Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night !"

Feliz Navidad, you guys, and the best to you and your families in 2008!

La Paz Xmas.JPG - 43kB

Santiago - 12-10-2007 at 08:49 PM

ahhh - the season can now start.......

David K - 12-11-2007 at 09:34 AM

Thanks Sculpin!

Al G - 12-11-2007 at 09:47 AM

I just now read this...great job Sculpin...My mood has changed...now I welcome the Season:yes:

bajajudy - 12-11-2007 at 01:53 PM

Yea, Sculpin
You should change the title of this thread. That really is clever and I know that most Nomads would enjoy it but also most are probably asking, "Who the heck is Clement C Moore?" I sure as heck didnt know.
Good one!!!!

I just put up my xmas lights after reading this:biggrin:

bajajudy - 12-12-2007 at 02:27 PM

I just had to bump this back up to the top so maybe more people would read this clever version of a Xmas favorite.

Natalie Ann - 12-12-2007 at 04:06 PM

Excellent, Sculpin, just excellent! thank you.

Nena