BajaNomad

The Dec 31st Turkey Feast is comming again

bajalou - 12-11-2007 at 08:29 AM

Well, Dec 31st is rapidly approaching so any of you Nomads that want to join us at our 12th Annual Turkey Feast start planning. Dec 31st at 12 noon - BajaLou and Teina's place in San Felipe. It's a potluck where we supply turkeys, dressing and gravy and others share a dish. The main thing is to share the afternoon with old and new friends. Just bring what you want to drink, yourselves and something to share - and for the more local Nomads, chairs and tables for your group -

For more info - http://december31bajaturkeyfeast.pbwiki.com/

Hope to see the Nomads that have been here before and some new ones also-

Lou and Teina

TMW - 12-12-2007 at 08:14 AM

Shirley and I look forward to it. Maybe I can get her to bake those delicious spam muffins someone told us about. Always a good time for friends and family.

tunaeater - 12-12-2007 at 09:39 AM

TW

When do you plan on going down to SF?

I'll be down at my dads the 28th & 29th

zforbes - 12-12-2007 at 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
Shirley and I look forward to it. Maybe I can get her to bake those delicious spam muffins someone told us about.

Spam muffins? Will you please post that recipe? We have ongoing SPAM competitions at work, and no one has entered Spam Muffins before. I want to be the first! Waiting with bated breath...

Zoe

bajalou - 12-13-2007 at 08:00 AM

Well, just bring anything you have, spam muffins, some caviar or a can of olives works great - just come to the party!

meme - 12-13-2007 at 09:01 AM

WE will be there as usual Lou & Teina. It's Always a GREAT gathering of friends & a Great way to start the NEW Year!

meme - 12-13-2007 at 09:02 AM

BTW_ You are Welcome to use any tables & chairs we have.

TMW - 12-13-2007 at 09:03 AM

This recipe for Spam Muffins earned first place at the Kern County Fair.

SPAM MUFFINS

1 can Spam (diced)

1 box of corn muffin mix

2 eggs (slightly beaten)

½ can cream corn

½ can of whole corn (don’t drain)

4 ounces sour cream

¼ cup butter (chunks)

Garnish:

shredded cheese (any kind to taste – I use cheddar)

jalapenos (one sliver for each muffin)

Mix together all ingredients and fill muffin tins half full. Garnish with

cheese and jalapenos to taste. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.

I thought they were a little too sweet for my taste and would use less or no sweet corn, but most likely the muffin mix was the sweet part. Be careful with the hot peppers.

[Edited on 12-13-2007 by TW]

TMW - 12-13-2007 at 09:07 AM

Paul we'll be coming down on Sunday the 30th. We'll be in San Diego Sat.

bajalou - 12-13-2007 at 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by meme
BTW_ You are Welcome to use any tables & chairs we have.

As usual we need ALL the tables and chairs we can get - Thanks