BajaNomad

Minnow Baned Save the Minnow

Bruce R Leech - 12-12-2007 at 12:12 PM

Minnow Has been Baned from the Nomad Forums.:O

this thread is to see how many folks would like to see him back on.:light:

I for one will miss his posts he is honest and says it like it is.

ELINVESTIG8R - 12-12-2007 at 12:17 PM

Why was Minnow banned for goodness sakes! Heck get him back on. I do not have a thin skin. They call me rhinohide:lol::lol:

tripledigitken - 12-12-2007 at 12:19 PM

First Old Hippie, now Minnow?

For me, those are two of the most entertaining posters here.

Minnow, for just posting a Hawaii Thread after the Yosemite one? :?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

Ken

fdt - 12-12-2007 at 12:26 PM

Con una cancion = mexican expresion refering to "for crying out loud".
Get him back!

soulpatch - 12-12-2007 at 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
Minnow Has been Baned from the Nomad Forums.:O

I for one will miss his posts he is honest and says it like it is.

Well, just like the rest of us, he subjectively tells it like he sees it. :lol:

rob - 12-12-2007 at 12:36 PM

Just did a SEARCH of Minnows last (month's) literary contributions - I am puzzled by the ban based on the search results.

Of course, the powers that be could be protecting us by having already removed the offending thought/s - but how will we know what thought/s are unacceptable unless they are visible?

Barry A. - 12-12-2007 at 12:48 PM

I agree with Rob---------just exactly what did the fish do?

Now the "Gull", that might be different??? :P

MrsFDT - 12-12-2007 at 12:57 PM

:o MINNOW what did you do this time....?

fdt - 12-12-2007 at 12:59 PM

I was just notified what he wrote. Not nice at all.:no:

Mexitron - 12-12-2007 at 12:59 PM

I don't think Minnow's stuff was too out of line.

What happened with Old Hippie?

Barry A. - 12-12-2007 at 01:05 PM

So, how do we access this "over the line" utterance?? It does not seem to be available in "search".

I need to see what "over the line" is.

CaboRon - 12-12-2007 at 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt

How were
you notified and why is this information being kept secret.

CaboRon

ELINVESTIG8R - 12-12-2007 at 01:14 PM

Something said in Baja Nomad that was over the line. How can that be. It's hard to imagine that with all the hardcases in here that someone would have been offended.:lol:

Bajajack - 12-12-2007 at 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Why not leave it posted, let the people decide if it's appropriate. We dont need Censors.

Were all adult's, at least I think most of us are.

rts551 - 12-12-2007 at 01:19 PM

There are many people that post here that break the rules. Read rule #1 and then review the posts.

I found Minnow to be obnoxious at times but selectively enforcing the rules makes you wonder......

Maybe it depends more upon who you offend?????? Where is JR (bless his soul), he had the right answer......

CaboRon - 12-12-2007 at 01:25 PM

It amazes me that some persons can have a running commercial on their posts for a hotel and never are censured.

It seems that favoritizm is indeed practiced here.

Guess it depends on if you are friends with the censer or not.

CaboRon

Natalie Ann - 12-12-2007 at 01:32 PM

okey doke, friends.... I do not know why minnow was banned, nor do I care. This was my experience of him yesterday:

He spent the day yesterday making 37 posts calling me a hoar and one of the moderators a wife beating scum bag.

How many of you would stand for this crap if it were your friends and family?

and yeah, doug or Gene, go ahead and delete this... I shouldn't have said anything.... but this "I didn't do anything" mierda is getting me angry.

Nena

edit: to correctly spell mierda

[Edited on 12-12-2007 by Natalie Ann]

Barry A. - 12-12-2007 at 01:39 PM

Nena-----

If that is correct (and I have no reason to suspect it is not) then yes, he should have been banned------that type of behavior is beyond the pale, and I am very sorry that you had to be exposed to that.

barry

ELINVESTIG8R - 12-12-2007 at 01:40 PM

Well you spelled the "M" word right. No kidding? He said all that WOW! That was out-of-line! A que La Cancion!

[Edited on 12-12-2007 by ELINVESTI8]

oldjack - 12-12-2007 at 01:42 PM

Friends(moderators) don't let friends drink and post....

This is a GREAT site and bad jokes not withstanding... I'll bet we would all agree that nasty attacks should be dealt with quickly and without further consideration.... I am willing to trust the moderators(its their site) to do the right thing...

vandenberg - 12-12-2007 at 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Natalie Ann

He spent the day yesterday making 37 posts calling me a hoar and one of the moderators a wife beating scum bag.

Nena

Can't believe that I would have missed that in any posts. Must have been in U2U's or my reading skills are failing me:?::?:

Bajajack - 12-12-2007 at 01:47 PM

I vote we get to read his post's. We dont need no stinky Censors.

Barry A. - 12-12-2007 at 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajack
I vote we get to read his post's. We dont need no stinky Censors.

\

Well, I don't know about that, now that I think about it.

The moderators DO control the "site" since it IS theirs to do with what they want. What Nena says happened IS really over the top, and I personally don't need to "review" stuff that bad to know that. Yes, I trust the Moderators, and am sorry that they have to even "do" this kind of thing--------like the rules say, "use common sense" when posting.

Kinda looks like the Fish did not----------

(but I was on the site for about 2 hours yesterday, and I never saw any of it, either-----------??????)

barry

ELINVESTIG8R - 12-12-2007 at 01:54 PM

If all that was said then we have a Libel problem.

LIBEL is an untruthful statement about a person, published in writing or through broadcast media, that injures the person's reputation or standing in the community. Libel is a form of defamation, as is slander (Slander is an untruthful statement that is spoken, but not published in writing or broadcast through the media.)

Bajajack - 12-12-2007 at 02:03 PM

Starting to sound like a Kangaroo Court here, the guy is pronounced guilty & hung and nobody has seen any evidence.

Barry A. - 12-12-2007 at 02:04 PM

I am calling Nancy Grace-------she would know how to handle the Fish.

tripledigitken - 12-12-2007 at 02:09 PM

Will someone clarify if the nasty language directed to Natalie and the moderator was on the board or in U2U's only?

I monitor the site throughout the day and didn't see anything other than a mild reaction to the Yosemite post, then the facitious post regarding Hawaii.

:?::?::?::?::?:

Ken

PS It was an eye opener to read the bylaws that Bruce posted, because it is obvious that several here get a BIG pass on some of the rules, whilst others do not.

Barry A. - 12-12-2007 at 02:31 PM

Ken-----

I too was on yesterday for several hours, and saw no offending posts--------but it is very possible that the offending posts were deleted almost as fast as they came in, so we would NOT see them.

(See my comments above under the new post concerning this.)

barry

vandenberg - 12-12-2007 at 02:31 PM

Received this U2U from Minnow, a guy I don't know from Adam. But I feel I owe it to justice to post his comment to , at least, give him his due.
Following is his U2U to me:
"He spent the day yesterday making 37 posts calling me a hoar and one of the moderators a wife beating scum bag."

This is the biggest lie I have ever read. I never called her a hoar. I called her Gene's/Hose A's mistress, which she is.

Then they go and delete my Hawaii thread, which had nothing

tripledigitken - 12-12-2007 at 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Ken-----

I too was on yesterday for several hours, and saw no offending posts--------but it is very possible that the offending posts were deleted almost as fast as they came in, so we would NOT see them.

(See my comments above under the new post concerning this.)

barry

Barry,

I thought of that also. I would like it to be clarified is all. I know that some of the posts were U2U's. The question remains were any of them posted on the board as well, vs all U2U's.

Ken

Al G - 12-12-2007 at 02:36 PM

Quote:
Starting to sound like a Kangaroo Court here, the guy is pronounced guilty & hung and nobody has seen any evidence.

I do need to remind you this is not a democracy...this is a private board...you do not get a vote. The only vote is Doug's...If that is not good enough then good-bye...

Natalie Ann - 12-12-2007 at 02:43 PM

For those of you who missed it... the posts were most definitely on the board off and on all day yesterday. They were deleted quickly by moderators, as no one should have to go through this type of thing.

Nena

Bajajack - 12-12-2007 at 02:45 PM

I've never seen anything he's posted as being overly offensive but then again I'm not Holier than Thou as some on here claim to be.

Perhap's there is some truth to what he said.

Moderators are suppose to Moderate, not slash everything they find personally offensive, truth or otherwise.

Sharksbaja - 12-12-2007 at 02:46 PM

Let's see. Perhaps what was said was not on this forum. Perhaps someone was insulted to the n'th degree.
Perhaps we don't have the whole story. Perhaps you won't get it either.
Favorites? Surely you gest. Methinks Minnow should have voiced his objection(s) in a more tolerable fashion.
Tis a shame that personal friendships amid Nomads lends suspicion to subjective or acceptable/non-acceptable posts.
That is the chance you take here. We may all be Nomads but we surely are not all DKs. You just can't like everyone particularily if they work to belittle or insult or discredit(read Gull) your posts or even your life. I'll be the first to admit that, until you really know and understand a fellow Nomad you really have no idea what that person is really all about.
While not all of us think alike, hang out together in Baja or just plain like the way someone behaves here, some of us are much more private about real life stuff. I'm talking about our personal lives, our families. our businesses or jobs.
I take great offense when someone disses my life or family for which they know little to nada. While it's no problem for some to discuss their bowel-movements here, many of us draw a line about such personal info.
Cross that line and you'll have a bear shark on yer back. It's up to each of us to censor ourselves whether that is on the forum , in public or thru private messages. If you can't control yer fingers that connect to your gripe then be prepared to pay the piper.

Now, you ask, "what exactly caused this?" It would be at the moderators(or Nenas) discretion to reveal either publicly or privately what transpired.

Pretty tough call I'd guess. Personal and perhaps damaging words which may or may not be appropriate are in the hands of those that hold those secrets.

Would any of you be prepared to say exactly what you think of certain fellow Nomads.

I hardly think so.

--------------
37 rants? Zowie, he was busy! Posts or U2Us?
How did I miss out?:lol:

vandenberg - 12-12-2007 at 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Al G
Quote:

I do need to remind you this is not a democracy...this is a private board...you do not get a vote. The only vote is Doug's...If that is not good enough then good-bye...

True !!
However ,if my previous post stands and not get deleted by Hose A, it does explain a little about the banishment and get to look like an abuse of power by the moderator.

Bruce R Leech - 12-12-2007 at 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Natalie Ann
okey doke, friends.... I do not know why minnow was banned, nor do I care. This was my experience of him yesterday:

How many of you would stand for this crap if it were your friends and family?

and yeah, doug or Gene, go ahead and delete this... I shouldn't have said anything.... but this "I didn't do anything" mierda is getting me angry.

Nena

edit: to correctly spell mierda

[Edited on 12-12-2007 by Natalie Ann]

there is very little truth in this post:?:

Barry A. - 12-12-2007 at 02:56 PM

Bruce/Vandenberg-----------

You guys are missing the point, I think-----------this is a private forum, and the owners and moderators DO have the power-------how can they abuse that power when they own it-----------they can do anything they like--------if we don't like it WE CAN LEAVE , but I certainly hope nobody does-------I really LIKE this board, and am grateful that Doug and the moderators make it possible for us to communicate. Period, (it seems to me)

CASE CLOSED (I hope)

barry

Bruce R Leech - 12-12-2007 at 03:02 PM

Quote:
Bruce/Vandenberg-----------

You guys are missing the point, I think-----------this is a private forum, and the owners and moderators DO have the power-------how can they abuse that power when they own it-----------they can do anything they like--------if we don't like it WE CAN LEAVE , but I certainly hope nobody does-------I really LIKE this board, and am grateful that Doug and the moderators make it possible for us to communicate. Period, (it seems to me)

CASE CLOSED (I hope)

barry

the truth will come out:light:

Barry A. - 12-12-2007 at 03:05 PM

This is nuts--------------WHO CARES if the "truth" comes out-----------this is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS!!!!!!! and it is damaging the NOMADS BOARD--------I DO CARE ABOUT THAT!!!!!

Barry

rts551 - 12-12-2007 at 03:09 PM

Lot of clucking going on here

Bruce R Leech - 12-12-2007 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
This is nuts--------------WHO CARES if the "truth" comes out-----------this is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS!!!!!!! and it is damaging the NOMADS BOARD--------I DO CARE ABOUT THAT!!!!!

Barry

If it hurts your eyes, dont read it:lol:

Bruce R Leech - 12-12-2007 at 03:13 PM

Minnow cant post but you can u2u him. but remember u2u can be read by others:lol:

Barry A. - 12-12-2007 at 03:19 PM

-------------and, the u2u's are a-flying!!!!!

Nuff said.

barry

Mexitron - 12-12-2007 at 03:43 PM

Nena--sorry about defending Minnow, I didn't know about those posts.

Bruce R Leech - 12-12-2007 at 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexitron

those posts weren't ever on here:lol:

Skipjack Joe - 12-12-2007 at 03:49 PM

Quote:

Barry

Couldn't agree with you more, Barry.

WAIT!

Sharksbaja - 12-12-2007 at 03:59 PM

Quote:

Are you taking her word for it??? One word....DON'T!

Natalie Ann - 12-12-2007 at 04:01 PM

Quote:

Thank you Mexitron. I feel bad about all this bruhaha also.

Nena

Bob and Susan - 12-12-2007 at 04:01 PM

doesn't look like he's banned to me....

Banned
832 Margie Banned 4-23-2004 270
557 Me No Banned 11-24-2003 444
648 GOD Banned 1-10-2004 0
1192 Baja Margie Banned 11-11-2004 4
1222 BajaBaja Banned 11-18-2004 0
1223 lhted Banned 11-18-2004 0
1225 Gringo Banned 11-19-2004 0
1224 smesm45 Banned 11-18-2004 0
1226 demug` Banned 11-19-2004 0
2125 g7rye

Bruce R Leech - 12-12-2007 at 04:05 PM

If the posts are supposidly so offensive, why are they sending them to every body.

and

How many people have been U2U'ed with these posts that no one ever saw?

Sharksbaja - 12-12-2007 at 04:05 PM

Funny, I don't see that Yankeeirishman guy there

Sharksbaja - 12-12-2007 at 04:06 PM

Now yer gittin' personal Bruce:lol:

Bob and Susan - 12-12-2007 at 04:08 PM

"Me No" should have been banned because he was an A**:lol:

but....GOD???:lol:

Al G - 12-12-2007 at 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Quote:
Originally posted by Al G
Quote:

True !!
However ,if my previous post stands and not get deleted by Hose A, it does explain a little about the banishment and get to look like an abuse of power by the moderator.

Seems like you are having difficultly with not understanding that" It does not matter what you think or say. The moderator would like to make everyone happy and goes further, in letting minor things slide then he needs to...he knows we are not Children (Well at least most of us) The bottom line is this is a great site where you can get a little silly and even make errors and still have the rights granted you...without fear of someone verbally abusing you. If you are hostile or abusing you forfeit said rights granted by this private board...If you act like a 12 year old then expect to be treated like a 12 year old.

BajaWarrior - 12-12-2007 at 04:17 PM

Bring back the Minnow!

Ok, so he's a jerk at times, reading this Minnow? I say give the small fish another chance. He, (you Minnow) should lighten up and be on his (your) best behavior AND formally apologize to those that feel they were offended by his comments.

He's just mad because he has small fish syndrome but takes it out on others. Other than that, he's just a Baja lover like the rest of us and has shared valuble information in the past.

Sharksbaja - 12-12-2007 at 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
"Me No" should have been banned because he was an A**:lol:

but....GOD???:lol:

God was not allowed to join because he's a Christian. (JOKE!!!)

Me-No is Minnow Bob just a kinder gentler version.:lol:

BajaNomad - 12-12-2007 at 04:26 PM

Highlighting inappropriate behavior only brings about more of it.

It's my fault that certain threads have been allowed over time to remain that were not directly Baja-related - usually in the photo gallery (Ken Bondy) and trip reports (recently Ken Cooke, DK, and Natalie Ann). The common denominator of each were the photos that everyone was oohing an ahhhing over - including me.

I removed Bruce's Nebraska thread and Minnow's Hawaii thread because they themselves posted in those threads encouragement for others to hijack those threads.

That, to me, was a farce - and a means to "get even" for whatever was bothering them over this.... "this" being Natalie Ann's thread on Yosemite.

And the bottom line is something about Hose A and Natalie Ann was (or still is) bothering those individuals involved, not the thread itself - otherwise they would've pointed out issues with those other threads prior as well.

--
Doug