BajaNomad

In fighting & nitpicking???

Corky1 - 12-13-2007 at 10:10 PM

Must be the time of the year and the false pressures it brings.:fire:

How about we just kick back and get back to discussing Baja and and forget what who said what about who??

Check my spelling!!:P

Felis Navadad y muy prosrero ano nuevo

Corky :lol::lol:

Neal Johns - 12-14-2007 at 02:32 AM

I'll sign up for that!

Spelling? I'm an Egnear, I kan't spell.

JESSE - 12-14-2007 at 04:36 AM

Sounds like the old days, i am in.

So???

Sonora Wind - 12-14-2007 at 07:52 AM

Note to self: Be nice to the nice.:yes::yes::yes::cool: Happy Holidays Nomads all over the world.:spingrin:

David K - 12-14-2007 at 09:19 AM

Ditto!

Good post Corky!

comitan - 12-14-2007 at 10:02 AM

Just want to spoil all the fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ELINVESTIG8R - 12-14-2007 at 11:11 AM

Yeah to much nitpicking going on here for crying out loud:lol::lol:

If u have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all

terrybird - 12-14-2007 at 11:16 AM

[IMG=http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/6636/image0026lfll5.th.gif]:smug:

[Edited on 02/06/2005 by terrybird]

bearbait1 - 12-14-2007 at 12:16 PM

I don't know what a nit is and don't believe I've ever picked one, I do pick lots of blueberries though.

Martyman - 12-14-2007 at 12:27 PM

I pick my nose, in fact booger production is definately higher when in baja

motoged - 12-14-2007 at 01:24 PM

Corky,
The sensible voice of reason ....

Any good riding lately????

Ged....

....where it's cold these days....

DianaT - 12-14-2007 at 01:29 PM

Ah yes, it will all go well as long as we all share the same opinion about everything and NEVER disagree----:lol::lol:

Hook - 12-14-2007 at 04:22 PM

I'd sure like to see it stop, during this most joyous of seasons.

Otherwise, I'll have no sanctuary from the relatives at all............

Nits

MrBillM - 12-14-2007 at 04:42 PM

nit n. The egg or young of a parasitic insect, such as a louse.

It seems that they would be a GOOD thing to pick or pick on.

According to one account I saw, back in the days when everybody was wearing wigs, the old ones were discarded and sold (in Flea Markets ??) to those who couldn't afford the new ones. Since they tended to be infested with parasites, one of the "Worst Jobs in History" was to pick out the Nits before the wigs were sold.

Is this a High-Pressure time of Year ? Maybe it's the Cold. I've never been happy with the cold weather.

It's too bad Christ wasn't born in August. That would be a lot more fun.

Packoderm - 12-14-2007 at 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM It's too bad Christ wasn't born in August. That would be a lot more fun.

Wouldn't that just be a matter of latitude? Like in Australia? I remember years ago when we went to Mazatlan during the Xmas season. If felt like we missed out on the Xmas experience that year. It is weird to see Santa decorations when it is almost 90 degrees.

Getting a warm Feeling from Religion

MrBillM - 12-14-2007 at 04:54 PM

I was speaking personally, of course.

Since EVERY Christmas I've spent on earth has been in the 30s (Latitude, that is), I think August would be better.

Packoderm - 12-14-2007 at 05:07 PM

August would be better for workers who depend on the weather. Winter is lean times for many.

As for Xmas in the summer. I wouldn't look forward to the Xmas traffic jams during a heat wave. It's easy to just choose a scarf for a gift. I really don't know most peoples thong sizes which would be an appropriate summer time gift. Maybe this type of discussion is more appropriate for the HJT?

docsmom - 12-15-2007 at 11:44 AM

Pack,
I had the same experience in Hawaii. Somehow it just didn't feel like Christmas.....

Bajafun777 - 12-15-2007 at 09:39 PM

NO FIGHT- BE HAPPY!! NO HURRY NO WORRY JUST FUN!!! "TIS THE SEASON" WISHING ALL GOOD HEALTH, FUN TIMES, FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO BRIGHTEN YOUR DAYS, and of course a " BAJA MERRY X-MAS." PEACE
BE WITH YOU MY FRIENDS AND MAY OUR PATHS CROSS SOON!!! Later----bajafun777

Barry A. - 12-15-2007 at 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajafun777
NO FIGHT- BE HAPPY!! NO HURRY NO WORRY JUST FUN!!! "TIS THE SEASON" WISHING ALL GOOD HEALTH, FUN TIMES, FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO BRIGHTEN YOUR DAYS, and of course a " BAJA MERRY X-MAS." PEACE
BE WITH YOU MY FRIENDS AND MAY OUR PATHS CROSS SOON!!! Later----bajafun777

This from a person who lives in Brawley, who is SO HAPPY that he survived the summer. :lol:

Merry Christmas, BajaFun777 (I lived in El Centro for 13 years)

Bajafun777 - 12-16-2007 at 01:08 AM

Oh yea and were you not just so so glad they invented cold cold beer, especially when it gets on those days of 120 and hot is just a word----soon to retire next year and Baja full-time, just got to love it. Later----bajafun777

ok - so.....??

capt. mike - 12-16-2007 at 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
nit n. The egg or young of a parasitic insect, such as a louse.

It seems that they would be a GOOD thing to pick or pick on.

According to one account I saw, back in the days when everybody was wearing wigs, the old ones were discarded and sold (in Flea Markets ??) to those who couldn't afford the new ones. Since they tended to be infested with parasites, one of the "Worst Jobs in History" was to pick out the Nits before the wigs were sold.

Is this a High-Pressure time of Year ? Maybe it's the Cold. I've never been happy with the cold weather.

It's too bad Christ wasn't born in August. That would be a lot more fun.

a nit wit is some one who is smart about nits??

congrats Mr. Bill M - you must be a nit wit!!:lol::lol:
have a great xmas ya'all!!

Nitwits

MrBillM - 12-16-2007 at 09:55 AM

Since Opinions are like Excremental Orifices, but have less value, I'll assess that opinion the value it deserves.

Without going into further research, I would assume that the lack of "wit" in a "Nitwit" comes from the infinitesimal size of the critter in question.

If I were to make another general assumption, it would be that the Lefties or Aging Hippies are likely to have a more intimate knowledge of Nits. I do know that, in their younger days, the ones I knew had less than regular bathing habits and were more likely to encounter foreign growth on their persons.

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah (Channukah, Hanukkah ?), Colorful Kwanza, Wonderful Winter Solstice to All of those in the Covens and a Blessed Nothingness to all of the Athiests.

Did I leave out anyone ?

Left Out.

MrBillM - 12-17-2007 at 11:20 AM

It was pointed out to me in a U-2-U by Minnow that I had forgotten an important group in my Ecumenical Season's greetings.

Happy, Cheery, Merry, Wonderful, Blessed (?) Festivus.

I hope that does it.