BajaNomad

Happy, Happy

losfrailes - 12-16-2007 at 04:46 PM

For all those liberal Nomads:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

To all those others:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

fdt - 12-16-2007 at 04:52 PM

:wow::o:O

bajajudy - 12-16-2007 at 06:06 PM

Thanks, I think:saint::?::biggrin::dudette:

Russ - 12-16-2007 at 06:12 PM

Talk about a mouthful! Back at you Wayne

Hook - 12-16-2007 at 06:19 PM

Wayne, my attorney has informed me that it is OK for me to read your post.

If I Knew What He Said

Sonora Wind - 12-16-2007 at 06:20 PM

I could reply Inteligently. Maybe not:smug::smug::smug::cool:

Bajaboy - 12-17-2007 at 07:37 AM

Sounds like the latest marching orders from Bill O'Reilly and Fox News.

zac

Pescador - 12-17-2007 at 07:47 AM

Thank you so much for sharing your innermost feelings and undiluted turmoil and for those who choose not to have a happy holiday it is probably because they really did not opt to have a happy holiday in the first place.:coolup:

Osprey - 12-17-2007 at 07:56 AM

Frailes: Your wishes imply you would make changes in those whose lives, routines continue to be aseasonal and disconnected from ethnic, cultural or religious celebrations -- this (apologetic) patent insinuation of value systems not entirely extant in the area of your broadcast rings of unacceptible bias; clearly imperialistic and provincial, in my view.

I will overlook it for now. Merry Christmas

DrTom - 12-17-2007 at 08:36 AM

i think some are misinterpreting losfrailes intention: his first paragraph is an attempt at a "politically correct" version of saying "merry christmas"

Al G - 12-17-2007 at 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DrTom
i think some are misinterpreting losfrailes intention: his first paragraph is an attempt at a "politically correct" version of saying "merry christmas"

It definitely imply what a weird world we have made it...

capt. mike - 12-17-2007 at 09:58 AM

my attorney advised ok to read it but do not quote it in 3rd party discussion with others. Further, it is ok to admit that i read it but i do not have to agree if challenged that i understand it or its intent.:lol::lol:

and - O'Reilly rocks!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

bajadock - 12-17-2007 at 10:59 AM

Losfrailes, thanks and my innermost child and my outermost SOB accept your greeting and humor.

What do I do with all of the "Send This Greeting to 5 friends in 5 minutes or BURNINHELLFORETERNITY" emails? Perhaps they are counting on my non-compliance?

Navidad Correto?

Sharksbaja - 12-17-2007 at 11:22 AM

We don need no steenkeeng attorneys...

Code:
[size=46][color=Red][b]HA HA HA[/b][b][i] Happy Holidays[/i][/b][/color][/size]

Translation:
Code:
[size=66][color=Red][b]HO HO HO[/b][b][i] MERRY CHRISTMAS![/i][/b][/color][/size]

Wingnut - 12-17-2007 at 05:00 PM

Losfrailes: May the bluebird of paradise bring you a dictionary of everday words so you can converse in normality with the rest of us unpolitically correct people. Or as we like to say North of the Border....Feliz Navidad!

DrTom - 12-19-2007 at 08:54 AM

up here behind the maple leaf curtain, we cannot say "ho, ho, ho" during the holidays as it might be interpreted to be offensive to entreprenurial socially disadvantaged women.