BajaNomad

Tequila-filled Chocolate

jeans - 12-16-2007 at 10:02 PM

Heaven!

I just got back from Mom's where we exchanged early presents before I fly off to the frozen north. They found a treat at Costo in Tijuana...a big tub of dark chocolate pieces filled with Cuervo Gold 1800 Anejo (100% Agave!...or so it says on the label).

The company name is Turin...the label is in Spanish but I think it says the company has been making premium chocolate since 1928 with a formula that originated in Italy. What a taste treat!

50 pieces in this big plastic container...Will I need a designated driver? :lol:

I'm not sure what will do me in first...the tequila or the sugar...:o

fdt - 12-16-2007 at 10:19 PM

Heaven = Chocolate and Tequila. Now I've really made up my mind as to were I'd like to go when I die :saint:

jeans - 12-16-2007 at 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Heaven = Chocolate and Tequila. Now I've really made up my mind as to were I'd like to go when I die :saint:

You gotta go to Costco first and get some of these...

I'm busy right now doing research on the effects of sugar & tequila. Report to come soon....or not ;D

Bajagypsy - 12-17-2007 at 08:01 AM

That would be the perfect meal!

Skipjack Joe - 12-17-2007 at 01:25 PM

Yummmmmy!

We just had an office party with tequila filled candy and I just couldn't stop.

Darn that Google place!

John M - 12-17-2007 at 04:23 PM

Did a quick search on google - dozens of sources for this treat. Oh no!

Below is just one site. Imagine a six-pack of chocolate tequila!

http://www.lesbonbons.net/products/chocolates/Tequila-filled...

John M

M.A.D.

The Gull - 12-17-2007 at 06:33 PM

Mutually Assured Dyspepsia

805gregg - 12-17-2007 at 08:32 PM

Let's see made in Mexico you want to bet on the Tequilla they use?

jeans - 12-17-2007 at 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg
Let's see made in Mexico you want to bet on the Tequilla they use?

Well...the label say Cuervo 1800 100% Agave. It has Mexican addresses. Mexico takes it's tequila authentication seriously doesn't it?

Then again, what do I know? My $1.81 "tequila" came in second at the tasting contest at the Pyramid one year !! :lol::lol:

All I know is that I have eaten about half the contents of that container in the last 24 hours.

Mango - 12-17-2007 at 10:36 PM

I saw this same stuff at Costco Mexicali today. I figured I'd get a couple of bottles of wine from Baja instead.... and a case of Tecate Light.

Let me know how the extended taste test goes.. I am curious.

Lindalou - 12-18-2007 at 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mango
I saw this same stuff at Costco Mexicali today. I figured I'd get a couple of bottles of wine from Baja instead.... and a case of Tecate Light.

Let me know how the extended taste test goes.. I am curious.
Wow, that spendy?