BajaNomad

Merry Christmas Nomads

tripledigitken - 12-17-2007 at 09:25 AM

To all Nomads:

Whether you're in the good ole USA or in Baja, have a Merry Christmas.

I also want to thank you all for feeding my love of Baja with your shared enthusiasm.

Ken

Hotel Del Coronado (San Diego) dressed for the Holidays!

David K - 12-17-2007 at 09:38 AM

Feliz Navidad back at ya Ken!:spingrin:

tripledigitken - 12-17-2007 at 09:42 AM

Thanks David.

To all Nomads maybe spending a night in the San Diego area on your way south..................Drive over to Coronado Island at night and see this beautiful old hotel we all love here, while it is decorated for the holidays.

Ken

Barry A. - 12-17-2007 at 09:53 AM

Merry Christmas, Ken.

And you are right, the Hotel del Coronado is beautiful this time of year----------in fact, it is worth taking an hour just to walk around, and thru it, any time of the year-----it is really a one-of-a-kind hotel, and well worth the visit. VERY EXPENSIVE to stay there, tho.

As a kid in Coronado, I used to play in the then abandoned Hotel del Coronado, expecially in the HUGE basement catacombs-------it is an incredible place!!

barry

rpleger - 12-17-2007 at 11:20 AM

Roger that.... Merry Holidays

Skipjack Joe - 12-17-2007 at 01:23 PM

Well, Merry Christmas to you too, Ken!

You haven't been posting much on the gallery board recently. Hope to see more of your black-and-whites once again.

Cypress - 12-17-2007 at 01:27 PM

Thanks! Merry Christmas to you and yours Ken.:tumble:

Wingnut - 12-17-2007 at 04:55 PM

Feliz Navidad!

tripledigitken - 12-17-2007 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Well, Merry Christmas to you too, Ken!

You haven't been posting much on the gallery board recently. Hope to see more of your black-and-whites once again.

Thanks Skipjack. Reason for no new B and W's from our recent trip is my Nikon D70s with telephoto lense got knocked off our coffee table and landed on the tile floor. The lense broke off the camera body ruining both pieces.:no::no:

Then our home computer crashed. I have just had it restored with my external harddrive and I should be back in business.

I have just replaced the Nikon camera, the lens will be awhile.

So next trip in February I'll have a camera.

Ken

Skipjack Joe - 12-17-2007 at 07:34 PM

Oy Vey!

I hope your camera and lens were under warranty. I lost a point-and-click camera in Alaska and was bummed about it. Losing an SLR must hurt much more.

I suppose you could think of this as an opportunity to buy another brand or model if you didn't like the Nikon. I was told you could buy a Nikon SLR for under $600 now at Costco.

Bob H - 12-17-2007 at 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
As a kid in Coronado, I used to play in the then abandoned Hotel del Coronado, expecially in the HUGE basement catacombs-------it is an incredible place!!
barry

Barry... I didn't know that the Hotel Del was ever abandoned. You've gotta be kidding me. Please tell us more!

And, a Merry Christams and Happy Holidays to all!
Bob H

Barry A. - 12-17-2007 at 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
barry

Barry... I didn't know that the Hotel Del was ever abandoned. You've gotta be kidding me. Please tell us more!

And, a Merry Christams and Happy Holidays to all!
Bob H

Oh boy, now I have stepped in it. OK, I will tell you what I think I know------(which ain't much)

------along about 1946 (?) to about 1950 (?) the hotel was "not being used", but there was a "crew" there sorta taking care of the place. My friends and I used to sneak into the hotel, and played cat and mouse with the security folks, and made the hotel our favorite place to play in----we discovered all the secret ways of getting in. I don't remember the history of why this was happening. I believe that a muy rico Mexicano (John Allesio ?) bought the place, and started to renovate it------from there it was up, up and away, becoming eventually what it is today. There were several owners over the years, but I don't remember who they were. You would think I would know more since I lived for years right across the street from the place, less than 500 yards away-----but I don't. I left Coronado after living there for 30 years in 1967 when they built "the bridge", which all true Coronado'ans hated, including me. :lol:

We could probably Google it and find out tho------ I think I will do that right now. :light:

barry

ken what are your dates to return in feb?

capt. mike - 12-18-2007 at 05:29 AM

maybe we'll be there too.
excepting feb 13-23rd when i have to be in phx for meetings.

we'll target 1st 2 weeks in feb.

bajabird - 12-18-2007 at 10:37 AM

Happy hoho and jeje to all

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Natalie Ann - 12-18-2007 at 10:52 AM

Wishing a most wondrous Christmas to you, Ken, and to all the rest of you Nomads too! Felize Navidad y Prospero Ano Neuvo.

My offering to y'all... an end-of-the-year delphinium from my garden.

Nena

delphinium-winter-07.jpg - 42kB

BajaGeoff - 12-18-2007 at 12:46 PM

Happy Holidays from the Baja Bound team!

[Edited on 12-18-2007 by BajaGeoff]

Gadget - 12-18-2007 at 03:33 PM

Thanks to all of you Nomads that made our year a great one indeed.

Merry Christmas and Happy (safe) New Year!

docsmom - 12-18-2007 at 05:48 PM

Merry Christmas to all my friends on Baja Nomad. It has been so nice to have found you all on this site this year. I find myself logging on every day to share experinces with you. I wish you all the most joyous of seasons!
Feliz Navidad!!!
With Love
Docsmom

Many Thanks, TDK

Gypsy Jan - 12-18-2007 at 08:38 PM

...for the beautiful picture.

I was just wishing the other day that I could travel to the Hotel Del to see the lights and decorations.

Happy Holidays to All!

Bajagypsy - 12-19-2007 at 08:55 AM

Happy Holidays from MR & MRS Gypsy

[Edited on 12-19-2007 by Bajagypsy]

[Edited on 12-19-2007 by Bajagypsy]

Merry Christmas.jpg - 45kB

Hook - 12-19-2007 at 11:41 AM

Ronni, you're probably going to have to reduce the size of the photo. I assume it is on your own computer?

SDRonni - 12-19-2007 at 11:52 AM

Hook, check your U2U.
Thanks!