BajaNomad

Conception Bay - Christmas Camping Outlook

Bob H - 12-19-2007 at 12:39 PM

Wow! Nice! Wonderful! Time for a Pacifico!
Bob H

jack - 12-19-2007 at 04:42 PM

Dam, I hate looking at pictures like that when I'm going to be stuck in Canada for the winter. I wish I was there but I decided to buy a new motorcycle and skip the Baja for this year. The new bike will be arrive in Feb-Mar.

Fred - 12-19-2007 at 05:14 PM

Great pics

rpleger - 12-19-2007 at 08:01 PM

Whats the warter temp Roger?

Lindalou - 1-8-2008 at 04:58 PM

I can't find any link for any pictures? I seem to be missing the original post. Would someone be kind enough to put up a link for me? Thanks....Linda

tripledigitken - 1-8-2008 at 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jack
Dam, I hate looking at pictures like that when I'm going to be stuck in Canada for the winter. I wish I was there but I decided to buy a new motorcycle and skip the Baja for this year. The new bike will be arrive in Feb-Mar.

Did you order it with studded tires?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Linda...some photos of Conception for you.

Pompano - 1-8-2008 at 08:28 PM

I am now using Photobucket to post multiple pictures on one post, but they expire within a very short time. I am working on solving this problem. In the meantime here are some pics of the Bay for you and I hope you enjoy them.

Bob and Susan - 1-9-2008 at 08:09 AM

holy cow!!!

3 hobies!!! :lol:

i better bring in susan:lol::lol:

she NEEDS a "hobie race" this spring:light::light:

pomp...i have your solution
it will cost you $60 a year but
you need a credit card...
and i'll make an entire day available to train you
i'll be back home saturday
i'm up in the states doing "yardwork" yuk

remember i still have plenty of BEER:lol::lol:
bring the laptop

Pompano - 1-9-2008 at 09:13 AM

Thanks, Bob...but that first cat in line is not a 'hobie' (Hobie Cat)...it's my 'Prindle'. There are both good sailing catamarrans....Here's a story from a cat dealer in San Diego:

When I asked him the difference between a Hobie and a Prindle...He said, 'A Prindle is just a Hobie that's built better.'

I do think the Prindle goes better to weather than a Hobie. I 'almost' always beat my old amigo, Trent, went racing our cats...He was a fine sailor and after buying a new blue-hulled Hobie, named it 'Blue-By-You.' Here we are a few years back...neck-in-neck towards the finish line on a downwind course.

-0 arace.jpg - 32kB

Russ - 1-9-2008 at 03:31 PM

Pompano, why does it appear that your sails are confused?

Pompano - 1-9-2008 at 08:03 PM

Russ....those sails are just fine...I'm the one confused.

Seriously, that is known as flying downwind 'wing-on-wing'..the mainsail is starboard and the jib is port...or vice versa if you prefer. You are heading directly downwind when performing this manuever.

It's a fun thing to do. Mi old amigo, Trent, may he rest in peace, taught me how to do it. It allows you a teeny bit more speed downwind, thus beating your competition..if you do yours more efficiently.

In that photo I was just in the process of bringing the jib around.

[Edited on 1-10-2008 by Pompano]

Lindalou - 1-26-2008 at 06:19 PM

Roger, thank you so much. I did indeed enjoy them. I miss it down that way a lot. Linda