BajaNomad

Mar de Carib

Capt. George - 12-21-2007 at 05:52 AM

Been off line a long time! We are in Mahajual on the caribbean Coast...very different then Abreojos. Drove the entire way, great trip but would not do it again, across Mexico. I would come in through Texas.

People here not as friendly and some problems with theft (that we hear of). Baja a very, very special place.

Plan on being here through April. Deborah creating a Blog, will relay access info at a later date.

I Wish all of my fellow NOMADS, peace and happiness on this upcoming Navidad....

Sorry for not touching base with so many of you for so long.

cap'n g

Cypress - 12-21-2007 at 06:11 AM

Welcome back! :) Have a happy holiday season.:)

Packoderm - 12-21-2007 at 08:11 AM

Pictures?

larry - 12-21-2007 at 09:11 AM

Did you go to Nayarit as planned? How was it?

Santiago - 12-21-2007 at 09:18 AM

Thanks for checking in - funny though, I just did a search yesterday for recent posts of yours wondering if I had missed them. Expound a little on why you won't do the drive through Mexico again. Thinking of doing that myself.

Oso - 12-21-2007 at 09:24 AM

Cap, I hear there's a road all the way up the coast now. If you're going that way to Cancun or Cozumel, I would be very curious to know if the hulk of the Arawak Chief is still there where we ran aground in '65. This was north of the Chinchorro reefs, about 5 miles south of the light at Punta Herrera. It is (was?) a 107' freighter just on the edge of the small reef a few yards off the beach in front of Francisco Rivera's cocal. He was known to everyone around there as "Pancho Masa".

That may not be Baja, but I bet you're getting in some great diving or snorkeling.

Merry Christmas George and Deb.

djh - 12-21-2007 at 09:57 AM

Hope to cross trails with you again one day soon!

Heading back to Loreto next week... I need the warm and sun!

Save travels.
djh / David & Shing

David K - 12-21-2007 at 09:59 AM

Thanks Capt. George!!

Travel safe!!

[Edited on 12-21-2007 by David K]

Capt. George - 12-22-2007 at 06:32 AM

will post some details of trip on travel thread

cap'n g

good to be back!