BajaNomad

I think I scored bigtime on a Dometic RC2000

Packoderm - 12-21-2007 at 04:55 PM

It is like an ice chest but runs on propane. I bought it for $15.00 from a guy on craigslist who had it in his tent trailer, but he says he likes ice better. He said he never used it. It was missing the propane hose, so I bought one for $20.00. The thing now chills way down. I won't miss having to drink warm beer when we're in San Roque this winter break. :cool:

[Edited on 12/13/2007 by Packoderm]

Hook - 12-21-2007 at 05:20 PM

That sounds like a major score, Packy.

I'll give you 50 bucks for it? :lol:

rhintransit - 12-22-2007 at 09:06 AM

you did score big time and great it still works. as a caution to anyone thinking of paying more for that unit...I bought one a few years ago, paid full price, it lasted maybe one season. I could never get a straight answer from customer service or tech support on whether or not I could use anything but the 1# propane bottles, actually I did get a uniform 'the unit is designed only for 1# bottles.' so I just connected it to a 20# tank with an adaptor. the thing failed and on autopsy/attempt to fix had a lot of oily gunk in the lines so don't know if it was the larger tank/small regulator or ? but I never could get it going again. also the wheels, which were never used for wheeling, but only for support, broke off/deteriorated. they weren't exposed to sun/uv or anything else.

Packoderm - 12-22-2007 at 09:24 AM

Oops, I'm sorry, I have the RC2000. Maybe that's good news for me - I hope. Here is a picture of what mine looks like:

The only one I could find online is available for developing countries only. I don't know what the deal is with that. I'll edit the heading of this thread.

COLD beer?

djh - 12-22-2007 at 09:34 AM

Packo, does this mean you'll be changing that "theme song" they play for you when you walk out on stage....?

What was the title of that song... ?

"Warm beer and cold women" ? ?

Merry Christmas!
Happy New Beer (cold)