bajajudy - 12-21-2007 at 07:25 PM

http://www.bajaforthesoul.org/page4.html

[Edited on 12-22-2007 by bajajudy]

DENNIS - 12-21-2007 at 07:34 PM

Judy....

Are you selling these?

bajajudy - 12-21-2007 at 08:43 PM

Dennis, no I am not selling them
Just stumbled across Ron's website and found these wonderful old posters and thought that they should be shared.
Hope you will all enjoy them

Paula - 12-21-2007 at 10:36 PM

The posters are beautiful! Thanks Judy and Ron!!

And after reading about Caboron's musical past, Don and I had to dance a few on the old cutting board.

Packoderm - 12-21-2007 at 10:55 PM

I like this one the best:

It took me a while to realize that it is CaboRon not Cabron. You know? This site needs an accent and tilde generator.

bajalera - 12-21-2007 at 10:57 PM

Thanks, Judy, those were great.

Packoderm - 12-21-2007 at 10:57 PM

And where the heck does a person get a cool cutting board like that?

Paula - 12-22-2007 at 09:01 AM

Pack,

Don found it in a magazine ad in the early 80's. He thinks it was Rolling Stone. When they tore down the Carousel Ballroom, which had become the Fillmore West, the maple floor was saved and turned into cutting boards, with profits going to save the whales.

Where to find one now? Maybe that flea market at an old drive-in movie that everyone always went to in San Francisco? Or e-bay?

Let us know if you find one!

vgabndo - 12-22-2007 at 11:42 AM

Ah the www. Three clicks...

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/pt/cutting-board/CB.html

Paula - 12-22-2007 at 12:06 PM

FAR OUT

It's one of the best investments we've ever made! And to think we've used it all these years as a cutting board. Does being slightly warped increase or decrease the value?

CaboRon - 12-22-2007 at 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grover
"Quicksilver Messenger Service"...

Hey caboron; did you ever make it to one of those big concerts Howard Fisher used to throw east of Del Mar on Black Mountain Road in the early 70s? Across from where Torrey Pines High is now.

I remember QMS playing one...Jesse Colin Young...Deep Purple...

No I didnīt.... I was living in Mill Valley at the time and in the early seventies I was Road Managing (at different times) Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks, Dave Mason and Van Morrison.

Those were good years, just wish I could remember more of them. :lol::lol::lol:

CaboRon

xx

[Edited on 12-22-2007 by CaboRon]

BajaWarrior - 12-22-2007 at 05:36 PM

CaboRon,

those posters are great, I hope you don't mind, I hijacked some for picture art in our new home we are building ourselves that is almost complete, they will add nice to color to our home.

DENNIS - 12-22-2007 at 06:33 PM

Just went to Google......Mexican posters...... and lots of stuff is available. I didn't realize they got so much for posters.

vandenberg - 12-22-2007 at 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paula
FAR OUT

It's one of the best investments we've ever made! And to think we've used it all these years as a cutting board. Does being slightly warped increase or decrease the value?

Well Paula,
According to Barb, I got slightly warped over the years, but it didn't increase my value any.:P:biggrin:

pappy - 12-23-2007 at 08:46 AM

the second poster-the bullfight- was a big poster me had in the beachhouse when i was kid-ahh, good times they were.....thanks for posting them.:yes:

CaboRon - 12-23-2007 at 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior
CaboRon,

those posters are great, I hope you don't mind, I hijacked some for picture art in our new home we are building ourselves that is almost complete, they will add nice to color to our home.

I donīt mind at all... enjoy.

In fact I got them off of an historical site, and I wish I could remember the name so that I could give credit where credit is due.

CaboRon

c

[Edited on 12-23-2007 by CaboRon]