BajaNomad

Nomads catching fish like crazy on the beach in Asuncon

shari - 12-21-2007 at 10:06 PM

Well, the Nomad forces are arriving in droves to Asuncion and happy for the graded road!!!...well 7 of em anyway and a surprise nomad arriving in a few days! Tim & BArb made it just fine in their big motor home all the way from BC canda eh...and can be found at all hours of the day casting in front of his camper on the beach hauling in boca dulce and halibut and BArb is just a blur...running back and forth on beer runs... Diver is perched up on his point loving his new view of San Roque bay. They are honorary guests at the surf competition tomorrow as they presented the team with the donated boards and wetsuits...boy were they happy! They will raffle them off to raise funds for tournaments. Tiomiguel arrives in the morning and will no doubt be out on Juan's panga to catch a christmas yellowtail. Sirenita is out fund raising with the surfin santa for the surf team...everyone is pretty excited about the surf competition. Happy Holidays to all of you from all of us here in Asuncion...FELIZ NAVIDAD

chino - 12-21-2007 at 10:15 PM

Sounds like fun! Very important to live every day to it's fullest, and it sounds like thats happening.
Hope the surf is there for your contest, we have had our share of xl olas in Humboldt, we'll wish some your way.
There in spirit, Chino

jorgie - 12-22-2007 at 06:21 AM

photos please........

Bajagypsy - 12-22-2007 at 06:35 AM

So glad that everyone has made it there safe and sound, a very Merry Christmas to all! We have three days of Christmas, we celebrate with our kids on the 23, with mr. gypsy's parents on the 24, and my mom on the 25. Have a Wonderful Christmas to all NOmads!!!!

HOw long is everyone staying?

[Edited on 12-22-2007 by Bajagypsy]

Iflyfish - 12-22-2007 at 07:45 AM

Salud to all!

Iflyfish

Bob H - 12-22-2007 at 09:53 AM

Yes... Shari posted a "teaser" with no photos.... I'm sure they are to come.... please?
Bob H

ELINVESTIG8R - 12-22-2007 at 05:45 PM

Sheri when you see Tim and Barb please tell them that David ******* says hi and that I hope they are having a blast of a time down there. Please also tell them that my meeting with Mama Espinoza after 40 years was awesome. Thanks Shari.

David

SiReNiTa - 12-22-2007 at 08:07 PM

hahaaaaaa!!!! speaking of fish chemo from team jurjos, one of the pioneers of the team made "jurel sarandeado" it was soooo good, i think it's called grilled but they sell it in acapulco for looooots of money lol...

gnukid - 12-22-2007 at 09:34 PM

It could be the cold water coming south is pushing the warm water and fish toward the shallow shore for warm water these last few days.

At least that's the story on the beach...

[Edited on 12-23-2007 by gnukid]

P1070408.jpg - 25kB

Bajagypsy - 12-23-2007 at 07:49 AM

The surprise Nomad was just informed that it was MR. GYPSY!!!!!

shari - 12-23-2007 at 08:11 AM

Will do David...you should see their caca eating grins!!!! Barb screams when she gets a double header...Tim has been hauling out fish all day long, I can't get them off the beach! The good life! See ya soon gypsies.

Bajagypsy - 12-23-2007 at 09:58 AM

SAVE SOME FISH FOR ME!!!!!! I am totally going to shore fish this time!

Bajagypsy - 12-23-2007 at 09:58 AM

SAVE SOME FISH FOR ME!!!!!! I am totally going to shore fish this time!

DianaT - 12-23-2007 at 12:27 PM

OK, I guess since we live here a lot now, we donīt count as Nomads who just arrived---does that mean we have to turn in our Nomad sticker? :tumble::tumble::tumble:

Diane