BajaNomad

Traje de Luces

Oso - 12-25-2007 at 12:48 PM

Darn! Just missed my chance. With nothing better to do, I was sorting my bookmarks and deleting some when I realized it had been some time since I checked in on El Juli's website. Seems he just donated one of his "suits of light" to be auctioned off for the benefit of kids in hospital. I could have called Spain and bid on it but the deadline was last Friday. I'm sure it would have been a great fit too.:rolleyes:

While there, I checked his stats to see how the boy wonder has done since becoming a pro Matador nine years ago. He has now had just over a thousand corridas, "lidiado" (fought is a crude term) 2,152 bulls, "estoqueado" (killed is equally crude) 2,128, been awarded 1,582 ears, 59 tails and been carried from the ring on the shoulders of adoring fans a total of 528 times. I'm not certain but would guess that most, if not all, of the 24 toros he did not stick were "indultados" -spared and retired to stud for showing exceptional bravery and "heart". Although I think one or two may have been dispatched by an "alternative" after getting a horn into Julian and putting him in the hospital.

fdt - 12-25-2007 at 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso
Darn!

I'm sure it would have been a great fit too.:rolleyes:

:lol::lol:

JESSE - 12-26-2007 at 01:25 AM

Long time since i seen el Juli at Playas Bullring, pretty good kid with a huge future, we need at least a dozen more like him to keep the tradition alive.

[Edited on 12-26-2007 by JESSE]