BajaNomad

nomads TREMBLING in asuncion!!!

shari - 12-30-2007 at 08:58 AM

I wasn't gonna mention it but it's getting good now! This is our 4th day of earthquakes starting up again. Mr.Gypsy ordered them as he wanted to feel one. They have been fairly light ones about 6-10 a day but yesterday they increased in intensity...a real thumper in the middle of the night and another pretty intense one at 9 in the morning yesterday and had 6 in an hour yesterday morning and several throughout the day and night....hmmm...at least I have witnesses this time!!
All these nomads

smxmas guys.jpg - 40kB

shari - 12-30-2007 at 08:59 AM

according to mexican custom, the guys party outside around the lobster pot and the ladies are inside doing food prep. how many nomads chicks can you name?

smxmasgirls.jpg - 39kB

shari - 12-30-2007 at 09:17 AM

the men gathered around Juan's christmas present..a mexican BBQ...with our mexican xmas dinner...LOBSTER!

lobsterfry.jpg - 36kB

bajadock - 12-30-2007 at 09:20 AM

Like a high school dance? Is that why everyone is so happy??

David K - 12-30-2007 at 09:32 AM

Shari, I recognize Bajaboy (Zac)... How about naming all of the Nomads and folks from left to right?

I would also like Zac or other Nomads there to post what they think of the quakes... if they are like any they felt before, etc.

Happy New Year Nomadlandia!

shari - 12-30-2007 at 09:59 AM

why DAvid? don't believe ME!!!:o...so the chick photo nomad ladies are ms.Diver, my neice Rita, Ms.Tiomiguel, my sister in law Lupita(who I think should be an honorary Nomad cause she feeds us all and does laundry), Ms.Bajaboy, my othere neice Briseyda, jdtrotter, Diver daughter Isabel.

Fred - 12-30-2007 at 12:33 PM

I always thought the guys hung out by the beer??????????

fishbuck - 12-30-2007 at 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
why DAvid? don't believe ME!!!:o...so the chick photo nomad ladies are ms.Diver, my neice Rita, Ms.Tiomiguel, my sister in law Lupita(who I think should be an honorary Nomad cause she feeds us all and does laundry), Ms.Bajaboy, my othere neice Briseyda, jdtrotter, Diver daughter Isabel.

Hey, the nieces are kinda cute! Especially Briseyda. Are they single?

DianaT - 12-30-2007 at 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

I would also like Zac or other Nomads there to post what they think of the quakes... if they are like any they felt before, etc.

The quakes here seem quite strange to us and we have both experienced many quakes in California. They tend to be a quick jolt and VERY loud, like a loud crash of thunder---only louder.

The last few days they have ranged from tiny where mainly our dogs hear them and we don't feel them, to a couple of real jolts.

Unlike the ones we have experienced in California, they don't seem to continue to shake much nor roll and the noise is not that rolling sound one sometimes hears. They are different.

The first member of the family who knows one is coming is our big dog. If he starts pacing and barking for no reason, we know a jolt is coming.

There was the cluster of quakes last year, and now there appears to be another cluster. Earlier in the year we felt a few little ones, but not in a cluster like now.

Oh well, still REALLY happy to be here.
John and Diane

David K - 12-30-2007 at 04:09 PM

Thanks John/ Diane! Interesting!!

Iflyfish - 12-30-2007 at 09:25 PM

Great to see the pics and put faces to names. What fun!

Happy New Year to our Asuncion Friends.

IflyfishandMrsfishencsoncedinclearwaterflorida

Sharksbaja - 12-31-2007 at 01:36 AM

Good on you guys! Could it be Baja is a good place to make friends,

shari - 12-31-2007 at 08:35 AM

Latest Nomad count as of today...25 humans and 15 nomad pooches! A record! Tio Miguels New Years Bash should be alot of fun...got my dancing shoes warmed up! Gypsies are diving with sea lions this morning and we're about to do a beer run for tonights fiesta...see ya next year Nomads...FELIZ AŅO

yellowklr - 12-31-2007 at 08:40 AM

Looks like fun! Happy New Year Shari

Bob and Susan - 12-31-2007 at 08:43 AM

happy new year shari!!!

comitan - 12-31-2007 at 09:46 AM

Shari

I know you'll have a good one see you when.

wiley & carol

meme - 12-31-2007 at 09:49 AM

Happy New Year Shari & Juan!
Looking forward to seeing you early March!
Meme& Jim

shari - 12-31-2007 at 06:36 PM

Got started this afternoon on party prep and warm up...I'm making sheepshead chowder now for the potluck tonight..thanks fellow nomads....the nomad count here is up to 27 now...2 more got here today...I thought it was funny that there are more nomad dogs here than nomad kids! So cheers all....Happy New Years

Bob H - 1-1-2008 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
Quote:
Originally posted by shari

Hey, the nieces are kinda cute! Especially Briseyda. Are they single?

Fishbuck.... you are a REAL fisherman!
Happy New Year to ALL!
Bob H

MrsFDT - 1-1-2008 at 05:32 PM

Aw that looked awsome, so sad we couldnt be there as well. Happy New year Shari and Juan!

airmech - 1-2-2008 at 11:17 PM

Shari,
We will be down soon. Is the runway still in good shape with all the shaking?
Brian and Jamie

Bajagypsy - 1-3-2008 at 05:23 AM

The Bajagypsys are back in Canada, A little tired, and can't post a trip report as of yet, got to get ready for work.

A wonderful time was had by all and so happy to meet so many Nomad's and their dogs and children!

Bajaboy - 1-7-2008 at 08:57 AM

Tracy and I had a great time during our stay. We especially enjoyed meeting other Nomads and sharing all the great food.

DK-the earthquakes are much different than those felt here in California. I think Diane did a great job of explaining.

Hope to meet more Nomads down the road.

Zac

Diver - 1-7-2008 at 12:00 PM

Sorry to have to tell you all that we are still in Asuncion, hanging out, a little fishing, a little sunning; some surfing and boogie; and the PARTIES and the FOOD......

Tio Migel and Juanita in combination with Shari have been great hosts for Nomads and others for the past few weeks.

And yes, we felt quakes !! Twice in one day and although not terrifying, they were definitely noticeable. We heard a dull roar and then the vibration.

Only a few more days here and then off to points south, Abreojos, San Ignacio, Mulege and Conception are next before heading further south later this month.

Wish you were here !!?!?! :lol: :biggrin:

David K - 1-7-2008 at 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Tracy and I had a great time during our stay. We especially enjoyed meeting other Nomads and sharing all the great food.

DK-the earthquakes are much different than those felt here in California. I think Diane did a great job of explaining.

Hope to meet more Nomads down the road.

Zac

Thanks Zac...

So, have you guys in Nomadlandia picked a name for the volcano, yet? Mount Shari maybe?:lol:

shari - 1-7-2008 at 07:05 PM

David, THAT comment borders on kinky dude...don't think Juan will like it!!!:fire: ha! The quakes seem to have disappeared for a few days... we now have some rain, clouds, rainbows and more canadians arrived!!

David K - 1-7-2008 at 07:07 PM

Boy, I should edit it to 'Mt. Shari' then? Gee I wasn't even thinking of anything but topography, but you Baja Sur Nomads sure must be having fun!!!:yes:

Tiomiguel - 1-10-2008 at 07:27 PM

Well Tio Miguel and Tia Juanita felt only three quakes at the beach house. One was pretty good, but not really any that were concerning at all. May be lesser at the Beach House because on sand or at least thats what Shari tells me. Had a great time and was wonderful to meet all the nomads there and their families. We know that each Christmas will now be filled with our new Nomad family in Mexico. New addition going on the Beach house to add another bedroom up top to make it 3 bedroom and beautiful upper deck for the super view. Can't wait to get down again and visit with everybody again and thanks to Shari for her patience and making us feel at home.

shari - 1-10-2008 at 09:10 PM

Oh goodie...more floors at the beach house so we can have even BIGGER Nomad parties!!! Of course there will be a prize awarded to the first nomad who falls off the roof patio and survives! We will need extra strong patio fencing for sure...glad everyone had a great time...it certainly was a historic holiday in Nomadlandia and I'm sure will become an annual event. gracias amigos and to you tiomiguel for hosting all those parties...awesome

[Edited on 1-11-2008 by shari]

jorgie - 1-12-2008 at 05:02 AM

you Nomads partying atop the Beach House, don't be falling off onto my RV in the middle of the night and waking me up......there ain't nothing worse than partying folk drinking Tecate, dancing making noise when an 'ol guy is trying to sleep.............