BajaNomad

For those attending the Baja Nomad Toy Drive in Ensenada

fdt - 1-2-2008 at 08:25 AM

For those traveling South with us to Ensenada on Sunday January 06 for the toy drive, we can caravan and have more fun. Here is a tentative plan / route / kinda of a tour:
Cross the border and meet at the Lloyds building parking lot wich is as you cross into Mexico staying to the right, the first exit immediatly after the taxis at 8:30 AM

Head south to Ensenada after we argue about taking the free road or the gauntlet and arrive Ensenada at about 10:15, enter Ensenada in an unconventional but fun way using Calle 10a or downtown San Quintin exit and then go up to Chapultepec the back way for the most spectacular view in all of Ensenada

From there go down Chapultepec at 10:30 and tour the city park and drive by Hussongs and then head down to Plaza Civica (stop depending on weather) and arrive at The Riviera del Pacifico at 10:45 for a historical tour, leg stretching and leave the Riviera at 11:45 for La India Bonita

Plan to arrive at La India Bonita at 12:30 PM and enjoy the fun, gift giveaway, meet Nomads, talk, eat,cut the Rosca de Reyes and plan on were the party for Feb 02 will be.

From there at 3:30PM leave for La Bufadora to admire the natural geiser and leave La Bufadora.

At 4:30 and head back to the border to arrive at 6:30-7PM

If you would like to caravan with us, please let us know ASAP via U2U or email how many vehicles and how many in your party so there can be enough tamales.

fdt - 1-2-2008 at 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by grover
I made a slightly bigger map to Lloyd's for those of us with sketchy vision.

See you all there!

fdt - 1-3-2008 at 10:40 PM

It won't rain on Sunday.

fdt - 1-4-2008 at 09:02 AM

All go for 8:30AM Sunday at Lloyds.

fdt - 1-4-2008 at 09:57 PM

There is still plenty of room

fdt - 1-6-2008 at 06:55 AM

:rolleyes:The free road or the gauntlet :?:

BajaNomad - 1-6-2008 at 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
:rolleyes:The free road or the gauntlet :?:
Possibly dictated by the weather this morning?

Any Ensenada weather update from anyone this morning (in the next hour or so)?

Thanks,
--
Doug

[Edited on 1-6-2008 by BajaNomad]

fdt - 1-6-2008 at 07:20 AM

Weather is fine now.

fdt - 1-6-2008 at 07:48 AM

6:40AM Stoped raining Tijuana.

DENNIS - 1-6-2008 at 07:52 AM

The rain here has been moderate since it started, nothing to worry about. Drive carefully and use the toll road, under the circumstances.

fdt - 1-6-2008 at 08:11 AM

7:05 AM We have some blue sky :bounce:

bajabound2005 - 1-6-2008 at 08:39 AM

7:34, no rain in Punta Banda, patches of blue in sight, sun struggling to burst through the clouds. See you all later!

fdt - 1-6-2008 at 09:27 AM

Tying up the last bikes, on our way to pick up Roscas and nomads. See you in Ensenada.

Good weather.

DENNIS - 1-6-2008 at 10:32 AM

Probably miss some of you with this but, I just passed India Bonita and there is just a bit of mud in the road. Not much, not deep but, It sticks almost forever and will be hard to avoid for those parked across the street. Maybe we can park in the church parking lot next door, don't know. Anyway, best not wear your Guccis.
Weather is fine at this time, 9:30.

DianaT - 1-6-2008 at 01:57 PM

Hope it all goes well today---canīt wait to see pictures.

Diane

A Great Day

bigmike - 1-6-2008 at 05:46 PM

What a great gathering at India Bonita's.
So good to see the hearts of wonderful people who were willing to go out of their way to help those in need.
Nice meeting other Nomads.:spingrin:

DENNIS - 1-6-2008 at 05:53 PM

Glad you made it, Mike. It was fun.

BAJACAT - 1-6-2008 at 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
Hope it all goes well today---canīt wait to see pictures.

Diane
Here is a peek Diane,lots of kids lots of toys lots of nomads lots of fun lots if pix, from Dough,my self and other nomads. here is three that I want to share with you guys..

Pix #1 LA ROSCA DE REYES

DSC02679.JPG - 47kB

BAJACAT - 1-6-2008 at 08:37 PM

Pix #2 A lot happy kids/alot happy Nomads

DSC02671.JPG - 46kB

BAJACAT - 1-6-2008 at 08:40 PM

pix #3 Mark AKA GROVER from Bajanomad,doing some fine tunning on the bikes.He brought his own tools,

DSC02675.JPG - 47kB

bajabound2005 - 1-6-2008 at 08:50 PM

I was wondering who would get home first and post pix! We were probably home before anyone else with a camera but still haven't got to the pix. A great day!! About 3/4 of these kids have NEVER been in a restaurant; never seen a bathroom as we know one, been served food by waitresses, received gifts like they got today. The bicycles were a HUGE hit! Thank you so much to everyone who participated in any way! Did we mention there were kids with no shoes??? An eye-opening, heart-warming experience for all who were there in person or in spirit. Thank you, FDT, for thinking of our little area! Thank you Bajacat, Grover, Hose A, Dennis, BigMike, Sr. Durell (who's nomad name I don't know), Bajanomad (Doug) himself, Sylens, Stevie (our amiga who is not a Nomad). And just to make sure....FDT and Bajamigo got the babies in their piece of Rosca....so when's the party? Bajamigo has another commitment for Feb 2 but he can make tamales any other day! Oh, they are a 2 day project so we need a little heads up!

BAJACAT - 1-6-2008 at 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
I was wondering who would get home first and post pix! We were probably home before anyone else with a camera but still haven't got to the pix. A great day!! About 3/4 of these kids have NEVER been in a restaurant; never seen a bathroom as we know one, been served food by waitresses, received gifts like they got today. The bicycles were a HUGE hit! Thank you so much to everyone who participated in any way! Did we mention there were kids with no shoes??? An eye-opening, heart-warming experience for all who were there in person or in spirit. Thank you, FDT, for thinking of our little area! Thank you Bajacat, Grover, Hose A, Dennis, BigMike, Sr. Durell (who's nomad name I don't know), Bajanomad (Doug) himself, Sylens, Stevie (our amiga who is not a Nomad). And just to make sure....FDT and Bajamigo got the babies in their piece of Rosca....so when's the party? Bajamigo has another commitment for Feb 2 but he can make tamales any other day! Oh, they are a 2 day project so we need a little heads up!
His Nomad name is Durrelllrobert,a nice gentleman,just what Bajanomad needs..Thanks Kathleen,nice meeting you... and Vince

[Edited on 1-7-2008 by BAJACAT]

bajabound2005 - 1-6-2008 at 09:07 PM

Igualmente, mi nuevo amigo!

[Edited on 1-7-2008 by bajabound2005]

BAJACAT - 1-6-2008 at 09:14 PM

After we left India Bonita my brother-inlaw and my family went to Ensenada and threated are selfts to a couple of Mariscos coktails,for me was Large clam coktail he had a campechana,and everybody else had shirmp....
Got to the Border around 5:45 at 6:45 I was allready home,by 7:00 I was going trought all the pictures from todays, trip

Ps. Nomads in Punta Banda really know their spanish
And Lupita was great like always,she didn't complaint or anything, we left alot of mud in her place ..

[Edited on 1-7-2008 by BAJACAT]

debindesert - 1-6-2008 at 09:44 PM

I'm so glad the weather held.

The first of the pics are great!

-Deb:bounce:

BAJACAT - 1-6-2008 at 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by debindesert
I'm so glad the weather held.

The first of the pics are great!

-Deb:bounce:
Deb check your u2u

fdt - 1-6-2008 at 10:23 PM

Ok, were home, got here at about 7:30PM, of course we stoped at relatives to say hi before comming back from Ensenada, Lots and Lots of rain at some parts of the hwy on the way back but all ok, heavy fog for about 3-4 miles by El Mirador / Salsipuedes area. Great pictures BAJACAT, I will post more and words maņana. BAJACAT's boy, my little girl Danielle and bajamigo all got monito (Niņo Dios) so we are officialy padrinos and will have to have a party on Feb 02 or sometime arround that date.
For now, I can say that we had a very succesful event, second year now, Baja Nomads are amazing. I need to write more tomorrow for you all and post some pictures but everything worked out great. Thank you all, thank you very very much. You Nomads from the Ensenada area are great.

"Again, same as last year, I took no pictures and I am very proud and happy to say that it was because I was busy giving away toys!"

But this time, my wife took a few and I will post them tomorrow and also a report ;D

Thank you all once again.
Fernando, Simone y Familia