BajaNomad

Many Baja Charger Fans

Bob H - 1-6-2008 at 11:11 AM

Goooooooooooooooooo CHARGERS!!!!!!!
Today at 1:30pm PST, Chargers -vs- Tennessee in the first post season playoff game!
Bob H

DENNIS - 1-6-2008 at 11:46 AM

Pray for good weather.

GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bajalou - 1-6-2008 at 02:12 PM

What's a "Charger"?

backninedan - 1-6-2008 at 02:22 PM

GO BOLTS !!!!!!!!

Bajafun777 - 1-6-2008 at 05:28 PM

Well, as of this writing they are winning 16 to 6, so go go Chargers!!!! Later----bajafun777

elgatoloco - 1-6-2008 at 05:30 PM

Bring on the Dolts!! :biggrin:

Chargers will choke

sanfelipebob - 1-6-2008 at 05:35 PM

The problem with San Diego sports teams and their fans is they are satisfied with mediocrity.:cool: Hell even the Trojans could knock them off

bancoduo - 1-6-2008 at 05:39 PM

I don't know what "PUNK RIVERS" keeps spitting, but sooner or later it will be his teeth.:barf:

Chargers Win

bigmike - 1-6-2008 at 05:41 PM

On to Indy where we will take them out to!!!

bancoduo - 1-6-2008 at 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigmike
On to Indy where we will take them out to!!!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Al G - 1-6-2008 at 06:00 PM

Bancodue...why are yu alway on the wrong side:lol::lol::lol:

Rivers Spit Footballs to Many Recievers

bigmike - 1-6-2008 at 06:30 PM

Rivers was right on in the 2nd half when he got protection.
Seems to me they already beat Indy once this year.
I think they are hot now!! Finding ways to win.
Go Chargers!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

bajadedom - 1-6-2008 at 06:50 PM

I too am a lifelong Charger fan but....next week will be revenge time for the Colts - they gave away the game (23-21) earlier this year with a missed fieldgoal at the end and Payton will not throw a half dozen interceptions again, and Antonio Cromartie cannot surpass a 109 yard touchdown, and the defense will not score 14 points again, and the game is in Indianapolis- :cool:
Still - Go Chargers!

Hook - 1-6-2008 at 08:33 PM

I'll root for the Bolts all thru the playoffs (realistically, that will be one more game) but I have no faith at all in Rivers. He plays with jitters.

Dont know the extent of Antonio Gates' injury but you can thank an extremely rattled throw by Rivers for that one.

This is all moot, though. The Pats are unstoppable. Brady is the best since Montana and may end up being the best ever.

Gawd, I am getting sick of successful teams from Bahs-ton.......

bajadedom - 1-6-2008 at 08:40 PM

Gates termed 'Questionable' next week - big guy /bad toe= not good... I am Red Sox/Celtic hater (from Jersey as a 'YUTE') but Patriots are from Foxborough so I give em a break from the Boston tag!!:coolup:

Hook - 1-6-2008 at 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadedom
Gates termed 'Questionable' next week - big guy /bad toe= not good... I am Red Sox/Celtic hater (from Jersey as a 'YUTE') but Patriots are from Foxborough so I give em a break from the Boston tag!!:coolup:

You aint rootin for the local Joisey team.........the Giants? :lol:

bajadedom - 1-7-2008 at 06:20 AM

YES - get em Eli - how about a Manning vs. Manning Super Bowl?????

nobaddays - 1-7-2008 at 06:49 AM

lots of lack of faith in the chargers !

Bob H - 1-7-2008 at 08:07 AM

The CHARGERS have sooooooo many weapons. Never count them out, never - ever! This TEAM is peaking right now.
Goooooooo Chargers!
Bob H

wilderone - 1-7-2008 at 09:33 AM

"satisfied with mediocrity" No, wrong, incorrect. Charger fans are simply true blue - not like some people who are fair weather fans - we have suffered through their losses - oh boy, have we suffered - but still we have HOPE!!! And we believe in miracles!! Chargers lead with interceptions and pickoffs. Injuries? Missed kicks? Penalties? A personal foul 15 yd penalty opened the door to a TD yesterday. Maybe mediocre - but we've won 17 games. GO CHARGERS! BELIEVE!!

Hook - 1-7-2008 at 10:00 AM

You forgot to mention that the Tennessee secondary left receivers so wide open that even Rivers could find them. That wont happen against Indy.

Reality arrives this week unless the real LT finally manages to show up. But with Norv at the helm, dont count on it.

SDRonni - 1-7-2008 at 10:09 AM

Aw, c'mon, Hook..........let us bask in the glory while we can. Why rain on our parade?

ncampion - 1-7-2008 at 10:19 AM

As was said before, everyone is just playing to see who has the honor of getting the S--- kicked out of them by New England.

David K - 1-7-2008 at 12:15 PM

Okay, we did good in game 1... A really good game to watch. Indy will be a good one too, me thinks!

Kell-Baja - 1-7-2008 at 01:51 PM

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Hook - 1-7-2008 at 06:24 PM

I should have added that if the Bolt defense can force some turnovers, then anything is possible.

I will still be rooting for them..........just being a pragmatist.

DENNIS - 1-7-2008 at 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
I will still be rooting for them..........just being a pragmatist.

You should be rooting for them. I hear they're contemplating a move to San Juan Capistrano, bulldoze the Mission and build a stadium. Maybe they can work the word "Swallow" into their new name.

bajadedom - 1-7-2008 at 07:39 PM

I think it's gonna be more like PEEKING ! (Nobody will stop N.E. this season) so....Go Bolts!....but 'wilderone', 17 games won??? what league are your Chargers in??? Last time I checked the NFL a record of 11 - 6 meant you had played 17 games and won 11 and lost 6 (not won 17).......and Yes , more proof that San Diego is a fair weather sports town, I lived there for 27 yrs. and saw it -- too much else to do when your home team is on the downside, and the wild ones jump on the bandwagon for this last week of contention, alas..............trust me ...if you can give less than 7 points and take the Colts then bet your casita on it.......or your Burro! my line = Colts 27 - Bolts 14 trust me:cool:

[Edited on 1-8-2008 by bajadedom]

Bob H - 1-7-2008 at 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadedom
I think it's gonna be more like PEEKING ! (Nobody will stop N.E. this season) so....Go Bolts!....but 'wilderone', 17 games won??? what league are your Chargers in??? Last time I checked the NFL a record of 11 - 6 meant you had played 17 games and won 11 and lost 6 (not won 17).......and Yes , more proof that San Diego is a fair weather sports town, I lived there for 27 yrs. and saw it -- too much else to do when your home team is on the downside, and the wild ones jump on the bandwagon for this last week of contention, alas..............trust me ...if you can give less than 7 points and take the Colts then bet your casita on it.......or your Burro! my line = Colts 27 - Bolts 14 trust me:cool:

The Chargers are now 12 and 5, they started poorly, but have won 11 of thier last 13 games (I think). As for fair weather fans. I've always cheered for the Chargers no matter what, but I must tell you if ANY NFL team plays poorly, fans will not fill the stadium. Look at what happened to the Dolphins - that stadium was pretty bare - but I'm sure there were still lots of fans in Miami. Poor teams do not bring any crowds - anywhere!
Just my opinion.
Bob H

bajadedom - 1-7-2008 at 08:32 PM

They were 3-3 early in the season so do the math from there....IF they win in Indy, I will eat crow....I AM a Charger diehard but too honest AND knowledgeable to do anything but HOPE AND PRAY they survive vs. the Colts...(and every time I spout like this I'm wrong!) So go BOLTS!
As for poor teams and crowds - try to get a good seat at a Cub game in Wrigley or a Sox ticket at Fenway ANY time.....
I remember a half empty San Diego Stadium in the later Hadl/Alworth/Garrison years and G.A. was $2.00( in the endzone)-and that's where I sat!!!(see my post - El Codo - The Cheapskate!)

bajadogs - 1-7-2008 at 10:33 PM

I spent holiday time in New England (old America). It seems those folks have nothing to get them through winter but football. Compare that to San Diego, where most people are from somewhere else, for reasons other than watching over-paid slobs hit and hug each other on a muddy field.

I've watched the Chargers for a long time. This team is not Superbowl material. Lucky to have made the playoffs.

Dogs

they are my team never-the-less

wilderone - 1-8-2008 at 09:39 AM

'"wilderone', 17 games won??? what league are your Chargers in??? Last time I checked the NFL a record of 11 - 6"
Ha! yeah - don't know where that brain cell was when I typed that!!

Bob H - 1-8-2008 at 12:23 PM

Counting last year... the Bolts are 26 - 7... not bad!
Gooooooooooooooooooo CHARGERS!
Bob H

Bad News on Gates

Hook - 1-8-2008 at 01:14 PM

Looks like he is out.

Cry me a Rivers caused it.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20080108-9999-...

David K - 1-8-2008 at 06:37 PM

Bob, you are the ultimate optimist for our Chargers!

GO BOLTS

Bob H - 1-8-2008 at 08:10 PM

Sunday - 10am PST - Be there! Can't wait for this one. The last four or five head coaches for the Bolts (or however many we've had since 1995) have not been able to accomplish what Norv has done so far.

They are in the final four for the AFC title man!
C H A R G E R S are HOT right now :fire:
Bob H

Hook - 1-8-2008 at 08:42 PM

Bob, that is a novel definition of Final Four. I love ya, man!

Now, dont forget that Boss Ross got us to the Big Dance. But, like many before and after, he just couldnt get along with the Spanos kid.