BajaNomad

Santa Lucia/Los Mandiles-- Loreto

Paula - 1-10-2008 at 04:26 PM

A month or so ago Santa Lucia suddenly disappeared from it's upstairs location on the malecon. I don't know what happened, but the owners and cook are now running Los Mandiles, one door south of Mediteraneo. It's a little place, easy to overlook, but worth looking for! Hours are 8am to 8pm daily except Tuesdays. The menu is similar to Santa Lucia, with great Mexican dishes, also seafood, hamburgers, arrachera, and more. Full bar, reasonable prices.

And although the view is from ground level, it's still the sea and carmen-- beautiful!!

Fred - 1-10-2008 at 04:29 PM

Thanks for the update.

tripledigitken - 1-10-2008 at 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paula
A month or so ago Santa Lucia suddenly disappeared from it's upstairs location on the malecon. I don't know what happened, but the owners and cook are now running Los Mandiles, one door south of Mediteraneo. It's a little place, easy to overlook, but worth looking for! Hours are 8am to 8pm daily except Tuesdays. The menu is similar to Santa Lucia, with great Mexican dishes, also seafood, hamburgers, arrachera, and more. Full bar, reasonable prices.

And although the view is from ground level, it's still the sea and carmen-- beautiful!!

I will try it next time down.

If anyone needs a fix for the view, this picture was taken from the malecon right in front of Mediteraneo.

Wish I was sipping a beer there right now.

thanks for the review Paula

Paula - 1-10-2008 at 04:58 PM

Nice picture of the view, Ken. Your black and white shots are always beauties!

bajabeachbabe - 1-10-2008 at 05:20 PM

I'm relieved to see that they are not gone! Do they still have the yummy whole wheat bakery items? We're headed to Loreto next month and I didn't know what I would do without some of their breakfast treats.

elizabeth - 1-10-2008 at 05:23 PM

I had a fabulous puerco in adobo there last week.

Paula - 1-10-2008 at 05:28 PM

I don't think they still have all of the baked goods, or the combo fresh juices that they used to have, but they still have those great breakfast and lunch dishes.

cajhawk - 1-30-2008 at 12:04 PM

Glad to hear they are still around. I was disappointed to hear Santa Lucia closed. I will be down in Loreto in a few weeks and look forward to some good food!