BajaNomad

Yellowtail bite ON in our front yard in Asuncion

shari - 1-15-2008 at 04:51 PM

We are happy to report that the yellowtail are gracing our front yard here at the blowhole in Asuncion. Juan took out Roy & Dan from Oregon and Steve from Alaska and they caught 9 yellowtail in less than 2 hours as well as a bunch of calico bass too. The boys were happy as were all our other guests and neighbours who shared in the booty. When I asked them if I could take a picture of them with their fish, they said" We don't have enough hands to hold em all up!"Don't worry Tim, none were as big as yours so you are still the Fisherman of the Year so far!

IMG_6456.JPG - 41kB

BajaWarrior - 1-15-2008 at 06:19 PM

That is absolutely amazing that your still getting yellowtail at this time of the year and so close to shore. Looks like a great day on the water.

Bajagypsy - 1-15-2008 at 07:37 PM

I have to say that now you are just being mean!!!:fire:

There was a blizzard here today, and the snow was up to our second step on the front landing, got in the house, and the power had gone out because some bone head hit a power pole, so the house was chilly. Went outside to shovel out, and the kids came running outside because the iguana had escaped.

So I wish I was with you my sexy friend:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Please get started on a tele-port machine!!!! Anybody have plans on how to build one????:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 1-16-2008 by Bajagypsy]

Natalie Ann - 1-16-2008 at 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajagypsy
Please get started on a tele-port machine!!!! Anybody have plans on how to build one????:lol::lol::lol:

Sure Gypsy... Get yourself some ruby slippers, put 'em on and click 'em together 3 times while saying to yourself, "I wish I were in Bahia Asuncion.":biggrin:

See ya there, as me 'n my slippers will be doing the same.:dudette:

Nena

Bajagypsy - 1-16-2008 at 08:59 AM

I'm sure that would work!! I have a great pair of red shoes as well!! Tonight with a margi in hand I will have to give it a try!

shari - 1-16-2008 at 09:12 AM

I"ve seen your heels girl...while some celebrities put hand prints in cement, we have your spike heel prints in our patio!!! You were sooo hot on New Year's Eve!!! Now, back to the fishing story...those 3 guys are out in front again, I can see em haulin in fish through my binoculars...oh oh, hope Tim doesnt lose his King Fisherman crown! It is another gorgeous sunny calm day here today...sorry gypsy dear!:wow:

shari - 1-17-2008 at 08:14 AM

Well, it was another prosperous fishing day yesterday as the guys brought in a barrel of fish. Don from Oregon commented that the fishing is WAY better than over in San Lucas Cove area where they had been the week before. They couldn't believe the amount of yellowtail, whitefish, cabrilla and sheepshead they caught in a very short time. As always, our friends and family reaped the benefits with eveyone taking home bags of fish. This is just a sample of their catch which included 6 yellowtail and too many other fish to count...they didn't want any more yellowtail and kept having to move to avoid catching em!!!! Gee, I'm out of Ziplocks again.

shari - 1-17-2008 at 08:17 AM

happy fishermen once again but Tim remains the King here still! You lucked out Tim as these guys only had 40 lb test and lost some BIG ones due to that error...they couldn't believe they needed 80 lb test! Next time they will have it though.

[Edited on 1-17-2008 by shari]

smdansfish.jpg - 32kB

Bajagypsy - 1-17-2008 at 05:29 PM

Quote:
I have to say that now you are just being mean!!!:fire:

There was a blizzard here today, and the snow was up to our second step on the front landing, got in the house, and the power had gone out because some bone head hit a power pole, so the house was chilly. Went outside to shovel out, and the kids came running outside because the iguana had escaped.

So I wish I was with you my sexy friend:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OK, how is the tele-ort machine going? It is going to be -29 with a wind chill making it -40 tonight, anyone get one working???

I tried the ruby slippers, didn't work:(

Iflyfish - 1-17-2008 at 06:27 PM

Good to see the fishing remains as good as it has been. Keep your tip up and abrazos to Juan, what a great guide!

Iflyfish

DianaT - 1-17-2008 at 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Natalie Ann
Quote:

Sure Gypsy... Get yourself some ruby slippers, put 'em on and click 'em together 3 times while saying to yourself, "I wish I were in Bahia Asuncion.":biggrin:

See ya there, as me 'n my slippers will be doing the same.:dudette:

Nena

Hey,
We just got back to the US today and are ready to click those ruby slippers----actually packed the first item in prep for our return. :lol::lol:

Shari, glad to hear the yellows came back! Have fun!

Diane

shari - 1-18-2008 at 09:15 AM

Iflyfish amigo...although we have a new Asuncion Fisher of the Year award, you hold the prestigious title of Favorite Fisher Of All Time!!! ne'er to be replaced. miss you buddy

Iflyfish - 1-18-2008 at 09:20 AM

Equalamente amiga,

Iflyfish