BajaNomad

Mexican Boat permits..No Mas

Frank - 1-22-2008 at 04:12 PM

As of 2008 you dont need a Mexican boat permit for any boat sportfishing in Mexican waters.

http://www.conapescasandiego.org/contenido.cfm?cont=MAIN&...

Waiting for the other shoe to drop....

Hook - 1-22-2008 at 04:19 PM

If this is also part of Calderon's doing, I have to applaud the man. That permit was unnecessary, really.

Now if they'd get realistic about requiring a fishing license for children under a certain age (maybe 16), it would be an even bigger improvement.

I hope the other shoe to drop isnt a commesurate rise in the fishing licenses to recoup the lost revenue.

4baja - 1-22-2008 at 06:32 PM

yea right!!!! as soon as i drop my boat in the water and i dont have a permit we will see. i dont mind paying my dues.

Hook - 1-22-2008 at 06:57 PM

Most of us are used to getting something for dues.

What did we actually get from the boat permit? Govt sponsored launch ramps?

Now, if they'd only use licensing to enforce the commercials.........

Frank - 1-22-2008 at 07:07 PM

They wont sell you a boat permit for sportfishing. They have already returned recent applications stating the new rule.

But dont worry Im sure we will be paying our dues in some other way

Alan - 1-22-2008 at 07:20 PM

Yea Hah! Mine expires next month and was just getting ready to renew.

Paulina - 1-22-2008 at 07:36 PM

It would be nice to get a copy of the offical document of this new ruling and staple it to our old permit and keep it on the boat.

P<*)))><

Santiago - 1-22-2008 at 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
It would be nice to get a copy of the offical document of this new ruling and staple it to our old permit and keep it on the boat.

P<*)))><

My thoughts exactly!

What Mexican Boat Permit...

ElFaro - 1-22-2008 at 08:29 PM

Permit?...what Permit?...we don't need no stinkin boat permit!!

Hey...in 35 plus years of fishing in Baja I NEVER bothered to get a Mex. boat permit. Heck, when I went to last year's Fred Hall Boat show in San Diego the Baja Tourism officials at their booth told me not to bother with them...in Spanish!!

Also...does anyone else besides me notice that nobody asks to see a tourist permit until you get to G. Negro at the state line? I don't bother to get a tourist permit if I'm going to BOLA or even as far down as Laguna Manuella.

BTW...I don't mind paying CONAPESCA $40+ dollars for a 12 month fishing license. I don't buy a Calif. license anymore? Why? I thought you'd ask...for alot of reasons.
1. CA is a calendar year lic...same cost whether purchased in Jan. or Dec.
2. Ca Fish & Game (F&G) closing down fishing areas.
3. Mex. & CA lic. on par cost wise w/ Mex. lic. giving greater value.
4. CA F&G rangers now checking the occasional surf fisherman on remote beaches just to make sure you bought a license!
5. They are just getting too ridiculous for me.

It's become more of a penalty to fish rather than an opportunity.

great

mulege marv - 1-23-2008 at 11:05 AM

well go figure ! i just drove to santa rosalia last week and renewed mine ! i wonder if they would give me my money back ? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

jig.gif - 13kB

rpleger - 1-24-2008 at 12:19 AM

Get a bit of good news about Mexico and all you guys do is b-tch about it....

Well.....

djh - 1-24-2008 at 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina

P<*)))><

My thoughts exactly!

Frank provided the link... You might want to click on it, print it, and keep it on hand (and maybe translate it into Spanish via babelfish or another free translator site and keep that on hand also in case you encounter an official who wants to see your boat license).
Best,
djh