BajaNomad

Antonio/ 'BajaCactus' is Okay!

David K - 1-23-2008 at 06:36 PM

Hola Nomads...

Many of you have dropped me emails or u2u's asking if Antonio ('BajaCactus') is okay, as he has been 'silent' on the Internet since November.

I too was getting worried as none of my emails to him have been answered.

Alas, I took time to call his Tijuana home today and spoke to Lorenia (his esposa)... She assures me Antonio is fine and will be going back to El Rosario perhaps tomorrow for several days of work.

Lorenia did say Antonio was very ill most of December and I knew that he was very occupied with new demands put upon him by Pemex.

I hope Antonio calls me tonight so I can relay the concerns some of you had about reservations and emails not being answered, the next Baja-Rosario Festival (in July), etc.

Maybe he will see this post and respond? Otherwise, I will let you guys know.

Photo of Antonio last time we saw him (July '07 El Rosario festival)...

707 042r.JPG - 34kB

ncampion - 1-23-2008 at 07:09 PM

Hope all is well. Stayed at Baja Cactus twice, once on the way down and again on the way up just a week ago. I didn't know there may have been a problem. That is our favorite place to stay, still can't believe the price.

Bajaboy - 1-23-2008 at 07:14 PM

Thanks David for following-up. I knew something was off when he didn't follow-up on some reservations. I look forward to sharing some news with Antonio.

Zac

Bob H - 1-23-2008 at 10:51 PM

David, thanks for posting this information and also keeping us up to date on what is going on there. I think Antonio is a very hard worker and very serious about doing good things ahead. Getting to the Nomad board is probably not one of Antonio's top priorities. But, we do worry about emails for reservations, etc. going unanswered.
Bob H

BajaRob - 1-24-2008 at 07:55 AM

Thanks David, I too was concerned. We have 4 rooms reserved at BC for Sunday night. Sounds like Antonio will be there.

David K - 1-24-2008 at 09:36 AM

Hi Rob, please tell Antonio we miss hearing from him and please call when he can... Enjoy your trip around northern Baja.

David

BajaRob - 1-24-2008 at 11:38 AM

will do. Actually we are headed to Sa Jose del Cabo for 6 days with stops at San Ignacio, Mulege, and La Paz. Many side trips planned from San Jose.