BajaNomad

no more capt mike in mulege????

Bob and Susan - 1-27-2008 at 08:10 AM

"i am so glad i sold my trailer.
i love baja and will always visit my good friends there, the only reason really to come down.
In 27 years i have seen all i want to of the area.
my target area for next purchase is definitely the mainland where things (and people) are much more reasonable.
capt mike"

is this true???
WOW!!!
:(:(:(

Al G - 1-27-2008 at 08:40 AM

Well, I guess I do not have to fix his trailer heater now...:lol:

Bob H - 1-27-2008 at 02:19 PM

WHAT? Something doesn't seem right.... Bob H

Al G - 1-27-2008 at 02:56 PM

Uh-oh, I just remembered...no fix trailer heater...no get free pig and beer:(:(:(:(:(:(:lol::cool:

Sharksbaja - 1-27-2008 at 03:51 PM

:?::?::?::?: With all the promotion he did, how odd??

vandenberg - 1-27-2008 at 05:45 PM

Must have needed that Sangria receipe for his farewell party:lol::lol:

Miss him already :P:biggrin:

Sharksbaja - 1-27-2008 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Must have needed that Sangria receipe for his farewell party:lol::lol:

Miss him already :P:biggrin:

You mean from AZ?:lol::P

rts551 - 1-27-2008 at 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
:?::?::?::?: With all the promotion he did, how odd??

For Some Its All About Money!

Cap - 1-27-2008 at 06:18 PM

I smell a hoax here. Is the new owner a UFO sighting fat guy in a white jump suit, from Vegas?

Roberto - 1-27-2008 at 06:18 PM

422 views on a post about Capt. Mike leaving Mulege. Now, I would BET 99% of the people here do not know. Now I KNOW this board gets the number of hits it does because it is frequented by a bunch of people who have WAY TOO MUCH time on their hands. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 1-28-2008 by Roberto]

Phil S - 1-27-2008 at 06:19 PM

Poor Mike. He's honest with his fellow Nomads, and what do some of them do but "trash him"?????????????? The guy has an airplane. He can always come back down and visit anytime he wants. He's just "moved on" from Mulege to the mainland. Certainly can't blame him for being a "Nomad"!!!!!!! Got for it Mike.

Cap - 1-27-2008 at 06:24 PM

:?:I don't think anyone was trashing him, just a few jokes. I am sure we all wish him well in whatever he endevours. Something tells me he will do well.

Al G - 1-27-2008 at 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
422 views on a post about Capt. Mike leaving Mulege. Now, I would BET 99% of the people here do not know. Now I KNOW this board gets the number of hits it does because it is frequented by a bunch of people who have WAY TOO MUCH time on their hands. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 1-28-2008 by Roberto]

First dirtyBird tells me to get a life....now you Roberto (:lol:Spelled it right that time):biggrin:
My life is as good as dirtybird's:lol:...I am writing a book too. In a couple years I will take all my post and put them in a book...a big fat comic book:biggrin:

capt. mike - 1-27-2008 at 07:03 PM

ha! guess i wasn't very clear - i never lived in mulege - i live and work in AZ. i just GO to mulege a lot, sometimes monthly with the Flyin Sams. And - durn near all USA holidays.

but i recently sold my permanent trailer, effective April 1st to a great guy, and gave up my vaca leased palapa because - well, after 6 years i need a change! and yes i am fortunate, or stupid enough, to somehow justify $5 a gal avgas so i can come to mulege and anywhere else i want to in the damned aero plane at will, time permitiing!
I have great friends in mulege like Marv, Bob and their better halfs - and a host of local indigenous types - so i'll be around, just not with digs - who cares? there are hotels i hear, one on a landing strip!

we will just get back to doing more exploring to other places before AVgas goes to $10 or ain't available. There's a ton of action on the mainland i need to check out, that's all. Baja is great but too much of anything makes one's cheese go from sharp to brie.

debindesert - 1-27-2008 at 08:51 PM

Capt. Mike, A shame we never met. I always opened and read your posts.

I wish you only the best in your adventures on the mainland. Be good, be well, and be safe.

Deb

P.S. I kinda favor Rita;D

Pescador - 1-27-2008 at 09:13 PM

I count Mike as one of my friends and it is truly the loss of a baja Icon if he is not there in his trailer. I met him the first time at Cielito Lindo at the bar and he was talking about something and I walked up to him and said the only one who could tell that story is Cap'n Mike and introduced myself. We talked a lot both on the internet and phone and it will be a sorry loss if someone else is trying to live under the Jolly Roger flag. :(

Sharksbaja - 1-27-2008 at 09:19 PM

Quote:

frequented by a bunch of people who have WAY TOO MUCH time on their hands

Hell, you wouldn't get much accomplished either if you lived and work where some of us do this time 'o' year. Besides it seems like you tambien may have some spare time to burn.;D
Ah.... the productive side of people.... seems to change as we grow older. Some actually find this stuff productive. To me it's still a learning course. Both of Baja and of people I don't even know. Hey, maybe this is legit after all!!:lol:

bajaboolie - 1-27-2008 at 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
... too much of anything makes one's cheese go from sharp to brie.

Love the cheese metaphor. :biggrin:

Roberto - 1-27-2008 at 10:34 PM

Quote:

Besides it seems like you tambien may have some spare time to burn.

No doubt about it - I am after all, one of the "frequenters", right? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Saludos

capt. mike - 1-28-2008 at 07:15 AM

hey ya'all i ain't done there yet.......we have made plans to spend most of March, our last month of paid rent, there at the presidential single wide enjoying friends' company and what should be warmer WX than we had dec/jan.
So - see you then, on the patio, at your place, the jungle or wherever the mood takes us.
We'll be shuttling to the lagoon too for whales so check in for avail seats and days.

Skeet/Loreto - 1-29-2008 at 11:46 AM

Capt. Mike:
Good Luck in your new Quest for Adventure!!

Might I suggest that you do take a look at Los Alamos, East of the Coast.
Virginia and I decided that if we were to move to the Mainland that would be the Place!
It has a nice Airstrip, the Old Los Alamos discovered by a Couple of Western Airlines Pilots{you do remember Western Airlines?} who kept looking down on their Trips to Mex, City, went in there bought a couple of the Old Homes. Not many Americans, good People, small with a "Special Flavor. We loved It!

Check it out.

Your Amigo
Skeeter

Hook - 1-29-2008 at 12:00 PM

Skeet, are you talking about the old mining town of Alamos, east of Navajoa on the mainland?

Pompano - 1-29-2008 at 12:15 PM

Alamos is indeed a great place. We used to go there in the early 70's for the dove hunting and bass fishing nearby. Great old haciendas and mansions that were lovingly restored to original design. No exposed electrical wires, all cobblestone streets, beautiful church, etc. A great place then... and I expect it still is today.

capt. mike - 1-29-2008 at 12:15 PM

hola Skeet, not looking to settle anywhares yet.

i have a friend with a home in alamos. just haven't gone yet.
the ritzy splurge there is Hacienda de los Santos. He runs the airport too.
its very 1st class and the $$ to stay there confirms.
out of my current range but others who pony up for it say it well worth it.
some day sure.

i'll be hanging around mulege off and on for a good while. Just not extended stays like i could do with the trailer at Serenidad.
time to pull a Hank Snow and keep a movin on....