BajaNomad

new property-Destino

beckyb - 2-2-2008 at 03:30 PM

There was a press release posted about a new development, Destino. Here's their website, which is just the temporary one: www.destinoresort.com

I contacted the sales team. One poster had questions about the hillside and possible earthquake threat. According to the Destino people, engineer teams have been designing the site for months to ensure the land is fine to build on.

mtgoat666 - 2-2-2008 at 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by beckyb
There was a press release posted about a new development, Destino. Here's their website, which is just the temporary one: www.destinoresort.com

I contacted the sales team. One poster had questions about the hillside and possible earthquake threat. According to the Destino people, engineer teams have been designing the site for months to ensure the land is fine to build on.

har har!

"Destino Oceanfront Resort is for people who enjoy luxury, fine dining and wine, spectacular ocean views, Mediterranean weather, Mediterranean architecture and design.

Destino Oceanfront Resort goes beyond exclusive oceanfront living, it's about living life at its best: it's about owning a piece of the Mexiterranean, a piece of paradise."

Someone should tell the dumb burros that Ensenada is located on the Pacific. :lol:

gibson - 2-2-2008 at 04:45 PM

someone should brush up on reading skills:lol:

Oops

BMG - 2-2-2008 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gibson
someone should brush up on reading skills:lol:

I missed that when I read the site also.

Don Alley - 2-2-2008 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
...Someone should tell the dumb burros that Ensenada is located on the Pacific. :lol:

Weather conditions at high-end developments are determined by the architectural style. For example, after tiring of Montana winters, we moved to a new Montana development called "Khartoum" featuring Sahara-style architecture. The winters were too hot, though, so we moved to Loreto.

bajabound2005 - 2-2-2008 at 05:23 PM

uh, this is exactly the location that the Ventana del Mar or whatever it was called was going to build. They finally pulled out after the seismologists told them for the umpteenth time that they could not build there because it's a high risk land slide area. All of their signs disappeared overnight. Next thing little building popped up with DESTINO on it...as a wine tasting room. There is absolutely no sign of any construction going on there.

Paula - 2-2-2008 at 08:28 PM

From the website...

"A community devoted to the celebration of art, the appreciation of fine food and wine and time spent with those one love.
Was it forever or were you simply lost in the endless magic of the moment? In a place where time is measured only by the shifting of the tide or the nighly exchange of moon for sun in the Northern Baja sky, then and now feel comfortingly the same. Here on the coastal cliffs, your spirit runs free as if it had always belinged to this village of enchantment."

:lol::barf::lol::barf::lol::barf::lol::barf::lol::barf:

BajaWarrior - 2-2-2008 at 09:36 PM

Yes, I went to the website.

I laughed, I cryed, I puked!:barf:

capt. mike - 2-3-2008 at 07:11 AM

ha!! the only thing mediterranean about it is just like in Sicily you need to cart around shotguns to protect yourself from roving banditos.

good luck living anywhere betwixt TJ and Ensign Nada.

what hype. hope they sell out fast.

wilderone - 2-5-2008 at 10:40 AM

"A community devoted to the celebration of art, the appreciation of fine food and wine and time spent with those one love. Was it forever or were you simply lost in the endless magic of the moment? In a place where time is measured only by the shifting of the tide or the nighly exchange of moon for sun in the Northern Baja sky, then and now feel comfortingly the same. Here on the coastal cliffs, your spirit runs free as if it had always belinged to this village of enchantment."

"Was it forever or were you simply lost in the endless magic of the moment? "

Or were you still loaded? Sounds like that's where jobless Loreto Bay employees went to write about more "visions" and about "how life should be."