BajaNomad

Any Yellows in LA Bay this time of year?

Montdogg - 2-11-2008 at 12:43 PM

tripledigitken - 2-11-2008 at 02:47 PM

Yes there are YT's caught this time of year.

Quote from Mexfish.com 2/11/2008 publication.

"BAHIA DE LOS ANGELES, MEXICO: Abraham Vazquez of Camp Gecko at the south end of Bahia de los Angeles reported Midriff fishing area weather in the mid-60s, with persistent north winds, some rain, winter water temperatures at about 58 degrees, and fishing steady for bottom species and some yellowtail on the northern reefs. "The water temperature is as cold as it gets here at Bahia de los Angeles."

Ken

[Edited on 2-11-2008 by tripledigitken]

Montdogg - 2-13-2008 at 09:06 AM

Thank you

Heading south for 6 days

Montdogg - 2-13-2008 at 09:51 AM

Very new to BajaNomad. I've really enjoyed what I have read so far.

My Dad and I have been going to Baja for 25 years. Now that I live in Vegas it's a little harder for me to get down there. I haven't been to our little casa in LA Bay for about a year.

I'll be in the Baja (Where the Beers are cold and the sand is warm) in less than 24 hours. Can't wait.

We now leave a little later in the morning because of everything that has been going on in the border towns. around 6:00 am (Daylight)

If anyone has a current fishing report for LA Bay or was just there a reply would be greatly appreciated.

I hope to see a "BajaNomad" somewhere on my trip.

Montdogg

Paulina - 2-13-2008 at 10:46 AM

Montdogg,
If you haven't checked out Mia's board yet, take a peek. Mia knows Bahia.
Here's her fishing report for 2/12/08. No winds today, the guys are out fishing right now.

http://www.bahiadelosangeles.info/message-board/index.php?a=...

P<*)))><

Paulina - 2-13-2008 at 10:48 AM

They are there now.

Montdogg - 2-13-2008 at 01:28 PM

Thank you. That's a great site. I hope I have that kind of luck on Friday.

CaboRon - 2-14-2008 at 06:06 PM

Good luck in LA Bay. The pangaros are bringing in Yellow Tail right now. This is in Todos Santos.... in fact I am just preparing Yellow Tail Sashimi for dinner.

CaboRon

Roberto - 2-14-2008 at 06:16 PM

Wait a minute - isn't Bahia de Los Angeles (PLEASE don't call it LA Bay) in Baja Norte? :lol::lol::lol::lol: