BajaNomad

Ana's at Santispac

Lindalou - 2-17-2008 at 10:02 AM

No one ever mentions how the food is there. Does anyone eat there anymore? It was pretty good when we were there.

funny you should ask....

pacificobob - 2-17-2008 at 10:39 AM

we ate there 4 days ago....the worst food ive ever had in 40 years of eating in mexico.....my gut is just getting back to normal today. too bad....i ate there about a year ago too....the food then was average....not toxic like like earlier in the week.

Lindalou - 2-17-2008 at 10:44 AM

Sorry to hear about that. We never really went out of our way to eat there, and we lived right across the street The main reason being sometimes it took forever to get your food but that was more then a year ago. Too bad they went so far down hill. That means no locals.

Lindalou - 2-17-2008 at 12:19 PM

No, Ana's on the Santispac beach, same beach Ray's used to be on before it burned.

Lindalou - 2-17-2008 at 12:30 PM

Isn't the resturant at Play Burro called Bertha's? Ana's at Santispac has been there for many years as was Rays.

Terry28 - 2-17-2008 at 01:18 PM

Richnlinda
You are correct...no Anas at Burro....it is at santispac and we were always served good food there...Now Berthas is great...very clean, excellent food and very fair prices. Bertha is wonderful and still sleeps over the restaurnat in good weather. You will see many wandering gringos there.

roundtuit - 2-17-2008 at 01:41 PM

Anna's has good food, eat there quite often for breakfast and some dinners . Never have gotten ill from there or Berta's at Burro. New one at Coyotes beach that is good also has good food also

Lindalou - 2-17-2008 at 01:45 PM

The new one at Coyotes, did it open because all of the Santispac people moved there? I know they wanted a restaurant/bar closer.

kodiak - 2-17-2008 at 01:49 PM

Never ate there...I have sampled several Pacificos and Margaritas from the bar area though. My father in law, is still in love with the barmaid. All I remember, is her name started with a "Z".:rolleyes:

Ana's Restaurant-Playa Santispac

bchbmz - 2-20-2008 at 08:47 AM

Put a couple beers under a guy's belt, and suddenly he's a food critic. PacificoBob should really get out more, especially on a Saturday night at Ana's.
I have been out there to Ana's a couple of times on a Saturday night, and it has been standing room only with people standing three deep at the bar.
A couple of weeks ago, I went to a "Jimmy Buffett" thing they did out there. It started at five, and by five thirty, it was standing room only. You don't get that kind of business by serving bad food. The customer's were mostly locals from the surrounding beaches.
(The barmaid's name is Zulema;)

Bertha's...most definitely on Burro, and has been for years. Not the fastest service in the area, but by most reports, quite affordable and edible. Bertha is a survivor, she has been there a long time....

New one at Coyote? There isn't a new one at Coyote. It's the same old place...."Punta Estrella". In the last year it has come under new management. Josh has done a bit of remodeling, is working hard, and seems to be doing well.
I don't think his decision to manage a restaurant, had anything to do with six or seven people moving into the area from Santispac.

Not to be left out, a bit further south, is the restaurant at BuenaVentura. Again, by most reports...good food, a ways to go, but a nice drive.

"Ray's Place"....as most people know by now, sadly, Ray did not rebuild, following the fire that destroyed his namesake restaurant on Santispac. After losing his restaurant at Santispac, Ray focused on the completion of his new restaurant that had been under construction at the time, on his ranch in the Mulege Valley. There you will find the same great food, nice ambiance and first class treatment, that made "Ray's Place" on Santispac, so popular.

RichnLinda
As with most things, you can't take someone else's word for it, as you have no idea what may motivate their opinion, or who's axe they're grinding...you need to experience it yourself, and draw your own conclusions.

"Don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see".

toneart - 2-20-2008 at 10:40 AM

The food is very good at Ana's! Russell is a good guy and works hard to please. He seems to be attracting good business. Zulema says she is in love. She says, "no more gringos!" I 'spose you can still look at her. She is as pretty when she makes your first margarita as she is after consuming your last of many. Not all women can command that distinction. :wow::cool::bounce:

Ana's place

kodiak - 2-20-2008 at 05:08 PM

Yellow topped building at the bottom right on the beach.

Santispac Ana.jpg - 46kB

Lauriboats - 2-20-2008 at 05:50 PM

My husband and I eat at Ana's all of the time, we have never had a bad meal there. It is a really fun place to hang out at on Tuesday and Saturday nights. Russ and Lupe, the owners, are wonderful people and we totally love Zulema the funny beautiful bartender and Marta the excellent fun loving waitress. Sorry to hear about your bad experience at Ana's Pacifico Bob. As for us we highly recommend this place. :yes:

Bob and Susan - 2-20-2008 at 06:12 PM

the new place at coyote is
josh's estrella del mar
on the west side ofthe road

pool
darts
dinner and musica

nice stop!!!

Picture of Zulema the barmaid

kodiak - 2-21-2008 at 04:00 PM

I knew my father in law would have a picture of Zulema....Here she is with him in front of the bar.

Zulema, my amiga in Mulege.jpg - 49kB

Ana's stop.....

Pompano - 2-21-2008 at 08:56 PM

Thursday evening. Just came home from Mulege and stopped at Ana's Santispac for a quick c-cktail and decided to stay for dinner. The tables were packed with eating patrons. Standing room only at the bar. The food is good...I recommend it. Tonight we had chili rellenos...yummm.

Our bartenderess, Zulema, is stunning and a complete fox with brains. I should know, I have known her since she was a teenybopper. She was/is the apple of all our eyes. By all, I mean not only her folks, who I know well, but all who know this special girl. She is quite the gal...nice.

Oh, to be 20 years younger. I have to say that if I were stranded on a desert island with only 2 gals to.....er....what was that, sweetheart?..time to hang this up?.. Yes, mam. Goodnight all.

p.s. Here is Zulema washing my sunglasses out for me. (Hey, it was that kind of night!)

[Edited on 2-22-2008 by Pompano]

- (Custom).jpg - 46kB

kodiak - 2-21-2008 at 11:02 PM

Looks like a lot of fun there Pompano. I would like to look you up when we head back down that direction next fall. Buy ya a beer I will.

rhintransit - 2-22-2008 at 11:12 AM

I stopped there for lunch, first time, about two weeks ago and the food was GREAT! only complaint was that there was too much of it...a serving of tacos would have feed the two of us. we left food on our plates only because we were too full to eat more. the waitress was great, attentive, deserved the big tip I left, and I rarely overtip.

Lindalou - 2-22-2008 at 06:42 PM

Roger, thank you for the pic of Russ, now tell him to check and ans. his emails. Where's Lupe? Cooking I suppose. Does Judy still work there?

Natalie Ann - 2-23-2008 at 11:51 AM

kodiak - I especially love aerial photography, and that is one beautiful shot of Santispac. Thanks for posting it.

Nena

kodiak - 2-24-2008 at 12:15 AM

Thanks Nena...but, I took that picture from the mountain top over looking the beach. Climbed up there. And stood right by these rocks.

Santispac 033.jpg - 46kB

Pompano - 2-24-2008 at 12:07 PM

After dining at Ray's La Habana resort.. (on an exquisite meal of oysters Rockerfeller, a succulent pepper-grilled yellowtail, followed by a killer dessert)....

...we stopped yet again at Ana's Santispac just in time to see some great dancing courtesy of Lupe and Zulema ..and many others...bravo, senoritas! Again, we are never disappointed with this friendly beach cafe.

[Edited on 2-24-2008 by Pompano]

- aaazulema1 (Custom).jpg - 45kB

Lindalou - 2-24-2008 at 02:51 PM

We have never met Zulema, so she is new. She looks very nice. Carlos was the bartender when we lived across the street.

Cypress - 2-24-2008 at 03:09 PM

Ana's isn't what you'd call a 5-star restaurant. Jeez! It's just a little cafe on the beach. Good people and good munchos.:biggrin:

Lindalou - 3-1-2008 at 03:58 PM

Sorry this ended:( it was kinda of fun. We know it's not a 5 star restaurant, but we do know we all had some fun there at one time or another.;D

Cypress - 3-1-2008 at 04:07 PM

A little foggy around there this morn.:D

Beachgirl - 4-23-2008 at 02:03 PM

Zipped around in a pal's boat yesterday...popped into Ana's for a cerveza before heading back to Mulege. One led to two (only two...), then the obvious trip to the head. Found it, locked the door, and......glanced at the floor and saw the Bathroom Monitor. Bet you didn't know they still had those! Big sweet pit bull curled up under the vanity table just staring at me. Gave me a little start as I was seated, but everything turned out OK.

Lindalou - 4-24-2008 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Beachgirl
Zipped around in a pal's boat yesterday...popped into Ana's for a cerveza before heading back to Mulege. One led to two (only two...), then the obvious trip to the head. Found it, locked the door, and......glanced at the floor and saw the Bathroom Monitor. Bet you didn't know they still had those! Big sweet pit bull curled up under the vanity table just staring at me. Gave me a little start as I was seated, but everything turned out OK.
Wow, a pit bull. I bet Russ didn't know it was there. The only dogs he would allow in there had to be laying at their owners feet.

EMAM - 4-24-2008 at 05:05 PM

We stayed on Santispac for a few weeks in March and ate there multiple times every week. We loved the food, and never once got sick or felt sick after eating anything there.

But then again you could probably eat 5 day old road kill after washing it down with a few of Zulema's margaritas. Those things will knock your socks off before you know it, so becareful if you have to drive anywhere!

Food was awesome, as was the service! And this is coming from a former restaurant owner who knows his way behind a bar

Gadget - 4-24-2008 at 09:55 PM

Boy, what a false impression you would have of the place if you just read the first post.

That is such an awesome picture overlooking the cove.