BajaNomad

More eclipse pics

standingwave - 2-21-2008 at 04:35 AM

The view from further north. Wish I was further south.

[Edited on 2-21-2008 by standingwave]

moons4.jpg - 48kB

Acuity - 2-21-2008 at 06:50 AM

Very nice. We were in TS, for the full moon drumming on the beach (hence no photos!), and the clouds parted for the eclipse. The full blackout lasted quite a long time.

Bob and Susan - 2-21-2008 at 07:47 AM

this is what the begining looked like from the bay...

moon.jpg.JPG - 19kB

shari - 2-21-2008 at 08:34 AM

We had an eclipse party at the taco stand with some canadian guests and yachties...now while the moon was dark...a miracle happened...the taco lady who never smiles actually laughed!!!! LOve the pictures

Neighbors?

amir - 2-21-2008 at 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Acuity
Very nice. We were in TS, for the full moon drumming on the beach (hence no photos!), and the clouds parted for the eclipse. The full blackout lasted quite a long time.

Can't believe that we were there at the beach also, probably standing next to each other, not knowing there was another Nomad around...

Acuity - 2-21-2008 at 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by amir
Quote:
Originally posted by Acuity

Can't believe that we were there at the beach also, probably standing next to each other, not knowing there was another Nomad around...

Es Verdad! But then, we have met many times before.

amir - 2-21-2008 at 07:43 PM

oh, oh! That was a cryptic answer. I must know you by another name...

SiReNiTa - 2-21-2008 at 08:42 PM

wo0w it was too cloudy to see it here in GN!!!!

nice pic's thanx!!!!

Eclipse video

standingwave - 2-29-2008 at 05:46 PM

Here's a nice little time lapse video someone posted on youtube

Thanks to Grover for the lesson on embedding the video in the thread.

[Edited on 3-7-2008 by standingwave]

Cardon - 2-29-2008 at 06:17 PM

Oops,sorry, wrong eclipse.
Cabo Pulmo 1991

Paula - 2-29-2008 at 09:06 PM

I was at the bottom of Santa Teresa canyon in la sierra de San Francisco for the eclipse. Threee nights camping, and with the bright moon we were missing all of the stars we saw last year, beautiful though the moonlight was.

The eclipse was magical-- as the moon passed into shadow, the stars showed themselves in full splendor, and faded as the moon became bright again. Everything a person could ask and more!

It never even occurred to me to take a picture, but I'll never forget the vision...

Kell-Baja - 3-1-2008 at 06:09 PM

Thanks for sharing the pics. I'm so sorry I missed it.