BajaNomad

THANKS!!!Nomad Matomi Run February 17th.

BajaWarrior - 2-26-2008 at 04:23 PM

I didn't want this thankyou message to get lost in one of the other post's regarding our thanks to our Nomad friends involved in a very fun weekend, so I copied it to my own post.

Thankyou, Thankyou and Thankyou for all of the kind words regarding staying at our home!

We enjoyed having all of you as guest and all are welcome anytime. The whole weekend was a blast from the meet and greet to the dinner to the off roading to hanging out on the porch having coffee with good friends.

A special thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Gadget who led us safely into the desert and back again, and for being so helpful when ever someone had an issue with their vehicle. A very nice couple we had the pleasure meeting and spending time with.

Also, a big thanks to those who left food with me as I stayed on for another 8 days. Thanks SquareCircle for the ice and the other goodies, lasted me all week, couldn't have made it without you, say Hi to Blanche please.

Neal Johns, a real pleasure to meet you, and the dog is still not for sale, sorry.

Steekers, your wife makes a mean Chicken and Rice, I had left overs all week long. BajaCat, thanks for getting everyone pumped up for the trip, we need a new destination for next year,, Agua Caliente or further north, or south? Gonzaga for a day from my house? Oh ya, I can see it now

TacoFeliz and wife, thanks for stopping by, your welcome anytime.

And BajaLou and Tina, did the big drive from El Dorado for dinner, thanks for coming by, and a real pleasure meeting the two of you as well.

Thanks to BajaRob, my neighbor and friend, for getting people organized from our area, please thank the guys for me.

That's what it's all about gang, making friends along the way. Thanks again!

Chuck and Chris Cherry

[Edited on 2-26-2008 by BajaWarrior]

Gadget - 2-26-2008 at 04:28 PM

No thank you Chuck and Chris. You guys are the Cherries! :biggrin:

We will see you again for sure.

May be down for the 250, not running a pit, just to watch. A little up in the air at moment.
If so we will be going by at some point and we'll stop by.

David K - 2-26-2008 at 04:37 PM

Gadget, why not run chase or pit for steekers? I think he might sign up with Baja Pits...

BajaWarrior - 2-26-2008 at 04:41 PM

Gadget,

The Jr. Master Suite is taken but upstairs on the new house (which has interior doors and flushing toilets now) is wide open if you need a place to crash.

We will be getting in on Friday (March 14th) evening with my cousin my age and his family from Vancouver, they'll be staying the week. We're gonna get out to the Azufre turnoff (where we took the group photo) to spectate once the race gets going (that's around mile marker 150)

Arrangements can be made for your early arrival if you need.

Believe it or not, myself, Chris, Geoff and Tyson the Wonder Mutt are all heading back down on this Thursday afternoon for some last minute ceiling work, sink installs, etc... and some clean up for our arriving company, that makes 4 weekends in a row!

Talk to you soon...

Anyone else going to the race? Stop by if your in the area! Fish and Shrimp fry Saturday night?

BW

Gadget - 2-26-2008 at 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Gadget, why not run chase or pit for steekers? I think he might sign up with Baja Pits...

Today is 5 weeks since surgery on R shoulder, L knee. Race weekend will be 7+. Knee is doing pretty good, shoulder is tough. Starting to bust loose things that haven't worked for 5 years. Funds will be very tight by the time I get back to work. Les would kill me if I went out and prolonged recovery. I'm an idiot and would jump in and do something someone is screwing up and.... well, you get the idea.
Best defence for me is no offence right now.

Gadget - 2-26-2008 at 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior
Gadget,

The Jr. Master Suite is taken but upstairs on the new house (which has interior doors and flushing toilets now) is wide open if you need a place to crash.

We will be getting in on Friday (March 14th) evening with my cousin my age and his family from Vancouver, they'll be staying the week. We're gonna get out to the Azufre turnoff (where we took the group photo) to spectate once the race gets going (that's around mile marker 150)

Arrangements can be made for your early arrival if you need.

Believe it or not, myself, Chris, Geoff and Tyson the Wonder Mutt are all heading back down on this Thursday afternoon for some last minute ceiling work, sink installs, etc... and some clean up for our arriving company, that makes 4 weekends in a row!

Talk to you soon...

Anyone else going to the race? Stop by if your in the area! Fish and Shrimp fry Saturday night?

BW

I only got one good arm and you gotta stop with the twisting Dude :lol::lol:

You'll see me if we do come down.

You all see this!!!!

The Cherry's are what BajaNomads and Baja folks are all about!!!

Be like em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shari - 2-26-2008 at 05:35 PM

wow, that sure sounded like a whole lotta fun...glad to hear your work is coming along....aren't flush toilets wonderful!!!! Gosh Gadget, how long till you can surf again? Wish we could have been there with all of you amigos.

BajaWarrior - 2-27-2008 at 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
wow, that sure sounded like a whole lotta fun...glad to hear your work is coming along....aren't flush toilets wonderful!!!! Gosh Gadget, how long till you can surf again? Wish we could have been there with all of you amigos.

Hey Shari,

plan on next year's adventure!

Flush toilets are a good thing...

Neal Johns - 2-27-2008 at 06:27 PM

Here Tyson, Here Tyson, Here Tyson,

Three lovely young Husky ladies await you!

Lots of dog food and trash cans....and cats!

BajaWarrior - 3-3-2008 at 01:47 PM

Just got back from our Beach House after 4 quick days. We got a lot of work completed including the finish of the ceiling throughout the house, no more ladders for a while. Priority is the tile floor for a while, all 1500 sq. ft. of it!

Unavoidably I hit a tire tread on the highway heading south when a car was coming at us, ok, we were driving at night, it jumped up and swatted the passenger mirror and broke it but it didn't rip it from the door or cause any other damage.

SquareCircle and Blanche stopped by and stayed the night Saturday night while they were down checking on their pit location for Baja Pits in our area, nice to see you guys again and swapping stories over some beers.

steekers - 3-3-2008 at 10:55 PM

Thats great news BW! Lets talk before we go down this Fri. Once we leave here, we won't be back till after the race. I can give you some numbers you can reach me on at El Dorado. Or we can monitor Ch 69. Call me in the next few days. 760-510-1386.

BajaWarrior - 3-4-2008 at 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by steekers
Thats great news BW! Lets talk before we go down this Fri. Once we leave here, we won't be back till after the race. I can give you some numbers you can reach me on at El Dorado. Or we can monitor Ch 69. Call me in the next few days. 760-510-1386.

Will call tonight...