BajaNomad

La Paz fishing kayak rental?

MarkC - 3-10-2008 at 11:41 PM

My wife and I are flying to La Paz later this month, and the plane trip means I'll be without my kayak.

Does anyone here know where I might rent a fishing appropriate kayak in La Paz (preferably a tandem)? It doesn't need to be fancy -- I can live without electronics for a week -- but it does need rod holders.

Failing that, I can try to rig up a universal milk crate rocket launcher setup.

Feel free to throw in random panga fleet recommendations/advice if you've fished the area, but don't know about kayak rentals.

Thanks for your help.

Diver - 3-11-2008 at 03:58 AM

Try these;

http://www.kayakbaja.com/rentals.html

Baja Outdoor Activities (office on the Malecon, (tel 011-52 (612) 125-5636)) offers local half day tours for $35., kayak rentals and shuttle arrangements.

MarkC - 3-11-2008 at 11:07 AM

I checked out their website prior to posting and only saw sit inside kayaks.

On your recommendation I emailed them, and it turns out that they rent fishing kayaks, too.

Thanks for your help.

MarkC - 3-11-2008 at 05:33 PM

Okay, sorry for the extended conversation with myself, but I want to make sure the information I'm broadcasting is correct.

I got a little confused. The Mosquito Fleet in La Paz rents fishing kayaks.

www.bajamosquitofleet.com

Mar y Aventuras (the bajakayak url above) does not.

castaway$ - 3-11-2008 at 09:58 PM

You might want to read the post in the "Baja News" category about La Paz bay being polluted.

Kayak

BajaDanD - 3-11-2008 at 11:17 PM

Take the Kayak over to las Arenas or Muertos Bay and fish off shore from the light house south to Muertos bay or from the bay north
as for where to rent Kayaks in La Paz I dont know I drove down and brought mine with me
DAND

[Edited on 3-12-2008 by BajaDanD]

scan0001.jpg - 16kB