BajaNomad

Lady luck on fishing trip in Asuncion

shari - 3-12-2008 at 09:10 AM

Our dear pilot friend Phil and his lovely copilot Gretchen enjoyed a day out on the water this week visiting the sealion colony at Asuncion Island and saw lots of whales migrating too. Phil caught a monster bonita, around 15 pounds!!! but needed a nap as he felt kinda queasy after that (could have something to do with Juan's birthday party the day before!) so Gretchen asked Juan to show her how to fish....so they went to "bajo seiz" about 6 miles out from the island and he taught her how to jig...she was a natural and hauled in lots of rock cod, vieja and white fish which we cooked up in the afternoon for another family gathering...a bit more subdued this time...Juan caught a big sheepshead too! The weather has been superb this week...nice and warm, calm winds...today the swell has come up though for the surfers. I'll include pics when Gretchen sends em to me.

jorgie - 3-12-2008 at 09:36 AM

I can't understand why Juans birthday would upset anyone ....

shari - 3-12-2008 at 09:54 AM

well, there was alot of tecate consumed so methinks Phil was somewhat hungover!

jorgie - 3-12-2008 at 10:07 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY AMIGO JUAN......WE HAVE SHARED THE ODD TECATE AND I HOPE YOU SHARE ANOTHER WITH ME . YOU ARE A FRIEND.......

Bajagypsy - 3-12-2008 at 10:58 AM

Happy Birthday Juan!!!

From the Gypsy's

4baja - 3-12-2008 at 06:24 PM

what happend to all the yellow tail?

Bajaboy - 3-12-2008 at 06:33 PM

I think the yellow tail fishing shuts down until June or July and then picks up into fall and winter.

Lauriboats - 3-12-2008 at 06:34 PM

Happy Birthday Juan, we will be there in May. Fishing sounds fun, looking forward to spending sometime with you and Shari. Jim and Lauri:)

Iflyfish - 3-13-2008 at 12:40 AM

Happy Birthday Juan! You are the greatest!

Iflyfish

Timo1 - 3-13-2008 at 08:05 AM

Juan....My friend ....Happy Birthday!!!!.....Wish we could

have been there to share it with you.

August will be here soon

Tim

Juan hard at work

Santiago - 3-13-2008 at 08:17 AM

Feliz belated B-Day Juan - hope you finally got to use the fillet knife!!