BajaNomad

Wow! See Baja Now!

Phil C - 3-13-2008 at 08:44 PM

The rains we experienced in southern cal. a few weeks ago extended as far south as Viscaino. The results are awsome, if you can get to Baja, Now is the time to see it. Everything is in bloom in northen Baja. Flowers everywhere, and all Cireos , Elephant trees etc. are leafed out. We made our way back and forth across the peninsula from Rosarito to Mag Bay and back. Big dissapointment at the rock art at MTV, some idiots have found thier way there and written thier names across some of the paintings ,and along the walls. Que Lastima. I guess it was only a matter of time, but those have been there thousands of years without this kind of BS. ARGHHHH. Spent nights at BLA, and S.ING. (Ignacio Springs) Visited San Borja and the accompaning deserts. Had a GREAT whale encounter at Mag Bay. Fished a couple of days in LTO. Worked a little on the casa. Returned a little faster than we went down. Stoped at Baja Cactus and then the casita at K 38 Santa Marta. Crossed in 5 Min at Otay (thanks Sentri) Beautiful weather here and a backlog of work :( . Well, 14 days is worth it! Roads were all great, especially the unpaved ones, a few spots of repair work but nothing major. Never had to open the back doors of the Suburban (85) at any of the Retens. Oh, had a great breakfast of smoked clam soup and oysters in San Quintin one morning. Yum! Great food in LTO at all the usual spots. ( see rest. reviews) GO SEE IT NOW!

Bob H - 3-14-2008 at 11:59 AM

Any photos?
Bob H

BAJACAT - 3-16-2008 at 09:23 AM

So MonteVideo is ruin:(,those people should be shot on the spot urrrrrrr

Crazy ape.jpg - 3kB

BAJACAT - 3-16-2008 at 09:26 AM

MonteVideo

[Edited on 3-16-2008 by BAJACAT]

mvideo2.JPG - 29kB

Roberto - 3-16-2008 at 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil C
Big dissapointment at the rock art at MTV, some idiots have found thier way there and written thier names across some of the paintings ,and along the walls. Que Lastima.

I'm sure this happened because the location was not well known enough. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

BAJACAT - 3-16-2008 at 10:44 PM

Dont go there Roberto,remember what happen last time.:tumble::spingrin::tumble:

Roberto - 3-18-2008 at 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
Dont go there Roberto,remember what happen last time.:tumble::spingrin::tumble:

Egggzackly! :biggrin:

Hey Neighbor Phil !

djh - 3-18-2008 at 08:21 PM

Glad to hear you had a nice trip. I'd hoped to get down to LTO spring break, but with another performance tour in Asia looming, it will have to wait til I return... maybe June. Hope all was / is well at your nice little LTO hideout.
David & Shing....

..... still watching the snow melt in Idaho :(