BajaNomad

Las Cazuelas - new La Paz restaurant - OUT OF BUSINESS

BMG - 3-18-2008 at 12:22 PM

Update 5-20-08 - The restaurant is now closed.

Ana and I stopped by a new little restaurant the other day for lunch. It's been open about 3 weeks. Located on Blvd Agustin Olachea Aviles between Puebla and Nayarit NW side of the road. This is just passed where Felix Ortega merges into Olachea.

We had a great inexpensive lunch there. After 1PM they serve comida corrida for M$35.

I ordered the cream of chayote soup and Ana tried the spinach. Mine was very good, but Ana's was excellent. Don't know what they put in the spinach soup to make it so good!

Ana ordered the squash and I had the cilantro chicken. Both meals were served piping hot, something many restaurants don't do. We enjoyed both main dishes. Here again, I thought the cilantro chicken was really excellent. Great flavor! Ana doesn't like cilantro as much as I do and she thought hers was better.

The meal was followed with some butter pecan ice cream.

This was a great meal and value. We need to try it for breakfast soon. The owner says their coffee is some of the best in La Paz.

We also ordered a half dozen tamales to take home. Different than most tamales that we've had but the more we ate them, the better we liked them. Don't forget to try the sweet tamale.

[Edited on 3-18-2008 by BMG]

[Edited on 5-20-2008 by BMG]

Fred - 3-18-2008 at 02:03 PM

Great post. Especially the price boards.

BMG - 3-22-2008 at 12:17 PM

Thanks Fred.

Had a nomad tell me that he couldn't find the place. Las Cazuelas is right at the intersection that Olachea turns from a 1 way street to a 2 way street.

map.jpg - 47kB