BajaNomad

Puertecitos-Gonzaga Bay-Rancho Santa Ines 4/6,7,8 by motorcycle-anyone else want to ride along?

steekers - 3-29-2008 at 08:18 PM

I will be going to Gonzaga (Alphonsinas) early in AM on Sunday 4/6 or Monday 4/7 departing from El Dorado Ranch, San Felipe. Will return to EDR the 8th. I plan to take my F250 truck and the motorcycle to Puertecitos, and leave on the m/c from there. If your interested in going along (on m/c, ATV or other) let me know as I wouldn't mind some company. I will leave San Diego area on Sat. 4/5 and stay at EDR untill the m/c ride on 4/6 or 7.

[Edited on 4-1-2008 by steekers]

capt. mike - 3-30-2008 at 09:09 AM

michael - left you a message at BBP on your ride request, and sent an email.
i have a tight April schedule calling for some out-of-home-state biz travel but if i can work something out will try. and can you go during the week?
that mitsubishi propjet guy should not take his into alfi's - wonder if he knows that?

steekers - 3-30-2008 at 09:55 PM

Hey Capt Mike:

I have decided to go down by vehicle but would like to go by plane 4/19-21 if you can swing it.

I would like to fly into rancho Santa Ynez while down that way.

Let me know if you can do this.

Thanks;)

capt. mike - 3-31-2008 at 09:52 AM

ok, i sent you an email with my schedule for April that likely precluded that weekend. just got another email that MAY open up that schedule, this evolves this week - lets continue to muse via our emails, ok?

UPDATE

steekers - 3-31-2008 at 09:54 AM

Upon talking to David K, I may include a ride to Rancho Santa Ines via the turquoise mine (Caseys XR ride or the Cocos Shortcut).

Cmon you brave souls, surely there are a few out there that want to take a good ride!

Thanks DK for the suggestions, guidance.

Michael:yes:

David K - 3-31-2008 at 05:05 PM

Yah, give it a shot steekers... Nomad 'DEVEAU' was the last I recall writing about using Kacey's XR Ride, up...

The Squarecircle has tried getting through with a four wheel vehicle as well as others and Ken Cooke's Jeep Rubicon group too...

Hwy. 5 (16.6 mi. so of Gonzaga Pemex) to below turquoise mine where run in arroyo begins: 3.2 mi.

It is 1.3 miles from the the turquoise mine road up the wash to the bottom of the switchback grade (Google image below)...

About 2 miles up the grade*, then 4.6 miles to Hwy. 1

*Kacey says 1 mile, but I GPS'd my walk halfway down and recorded 1.1 miles... ?

[Edited on 4-1-2008 by David K]

scan0004r.JPG - 47kB

David K - 3-31-2008 at 05:25 PM

Here are some more details for steekers... http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=22555