BajaNomad

Puerticitos

smlslikfish - 4-2-2008 at 10:51 AM

Just got back from a my place south of there. The road construction is moving at a glacially slow pace. ( a good thing) They seem to have an army of workers and equipment, but have only progressed about 50 yards from where they were in January. There were more pangas working the coast below black mountain than I have ever seen. app. 30 boats. Got to impact the fishing. San Felipe seemed especially quiet this year. Everything else was same as always :bounce:

Hook - 4-2-2008 at 11:27 AM

Corvina must be in...........maybe spawning? Were they using nets or lines?

Durn........spawning fish should be left alone, if that's what was going on.

Spelling police will be on your azze shortly...........:O

[Edited on 4-2-2008 by Hook]

smlslikfish - 4-2-2008 at 11:41 AM

I've seen it spelled so many ways I've given up worrying about it. There was a alot of speculation as to what those pangas were up to. I've never seen a run of corvina that would stand up to that much pressure. These guys were running app. 15 miles one way every afternoon then coming back in the a.m. Thats a lot of gas!

Hook - 4-2-2008 at 11:49 AM

Given that location, it almost certainly was corvina. Very famous spot. They can school up pretty large.

The one time I fished there, all I caught was sierra. :no:

Roberto - 4-2-2008 at 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Given that location, it almost certainly was corvina. Very famous spot. They can school up pretty large.

Right time of year, too.

David K - 4-2-2008 at 06:27 PM

It's only one of MANY Baja places mis-spelled... no worries, we know where you are talking about!:lol::bounce:

Here's some of the most popular places that are mis-spelled:

PUERTECITOS (Puertocitos, etc.)

ALFONSINA'S (Alphonsina's)

SANTA ROSALILLITA (Santa Rosaliita)

LOS BARRILES (Los Barilles)

SAN QUINTIN (San Quentin, etc.)

GUERRERO NEGRO (Guerro Negro)

MULEGE (Muleje)

LORETO (Loretto)

SANTO TOMAS (Santo Thomas)

SAN VICENTE (San Vincente)

ROSARITO (Rosarita)

and the list goes on and on!:lol::lol::lol:

They just won't retire

DianaT - 4-2-2008 at 06:45 PM

and they won't go away and stop the harassment.

So, I guess we need to call out the

If I put a couple of happy faces here does that mean it is not harassment and only kidding? Just trying to help, educate and cause thinking, perhaps???:tumble::tumble::lol::lol::spingrin::spingrin::spingrin::tumble::tumble:

[Edited on 4-3-2008 by jdtrotter]

David K - 4-2-2008 at 06:49 PM

No police needed... It's all about Baja education... and respect for the Mexicans to spell their towns correctly (even if they don't)!:yes::light::tumble:

DianaT - 4-2-2008 at 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
No police needed... It's all about Baja education... and respect for the Mexicans to spell their towns correctly (even if they don't)!:yes::light::tumble:

Really????? Thanks so much, now I understand. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

David K - 4-2-2008 at 07:21 PM

I am glad to hear that, because after all the police badges you posted (we don't need no steenkin' badges), I didn't think you did. I can sleep well now... Good night! :lol: