BajaNomad

Moto Trip to Loreto

gatling - 4-4-2008 at 09:18 PM

Just got back from a motorcycle trip down to Loreto...asphalt all the way. Trip report is here:

http://motofoto.cc/baja_2008.htm

Some sample photos...

capt. mike - 4-5-2008 at 05:15 AM

great report!
a moto trip remains one of my last unfulfilled wishes for experiencing "the" baja.
i will do it but when i can't sort out now. maybe i'll see you there! love the bikes. i am a former harley owner. i won't ever own one again but will rent a couch for my baja trip.

Thanks!

djh - 4-5-2008 at 01:06 PM

Nice report and photos on your site!

I've also wanted to do the same for many years....

My earlier rides... (Harley 45 flathead Trike, ex-police bike: my Indian 45 flathead, resurrected basket case: and my favorite ~ my 52' BSA A10 Plunger / retro gerter) just weren't long distance rigs...

And now my scooters lack the HP for a long haul....

Your report has my juices flowing again!

4baja - 4-5-2008 at 07:09 PM

thanks for the pics, that last one look like north of la bay turn off. right on.

EMAM - 4-6-2008 at 04:59 AM

Great Report! Man, it makes me want to come down on a touring bike!

These roads would be great on a bike, and where did you find a section you could pull off that actually had a shoulder that met the road?!?...LOL

gatling - 4-6-2008 at 07:31 AM

Thanks. Yeah, they are around. You gotta look for them!

805gregg - 4-6-2008 at 07:56 AM

Those Tigers are not bad off road, last sept. I ran into an acquantance in San Juanico that had ridden down solo from Reno and did the north road in to San Juanico 65 miles of dirt. Nice ride report.

DianaT - 4-6-2008 at 09:22 AM

Really enjoyed your report and ALL your pictures.

Thanks
Diane

Bajagypsy - 4-6-2008 at 09:58 AM

Mr. Gypsy would love to do that, I on the other hand, have a hard enough time in the mountains of Baja in a car, can't imagine doing it on the back of a bike!!

Loved the pictures.