BajaNomad

Sharks can be a nuisance

Osprey - 4-11-2008 at 07:18 AM

No offense Sharksbaja but at times sharks can be a nuisance when you're fishing. This guy would not leave us alone, kept trying to get in the boat. I had to shove him, push him away a few times. Then he left.

Nomad white 2.jpg - 35kB

longlegsinlapaz - 4-11-2008 at 07:52 AM

Amazing pic!!!! And you're typing pretty good there for a one-armed man!;);):yes:

DENNIS - 4-11-2008 at 07:57 AM

What a picture. It brings up a lot of questions, huh.

Taco de Baja - 4-11-2008 at 07:57 AM

This guy was a real pest last time I took my kayak out.
He scared away all the "little" fish.

longlegsinlapaz - 4-11-2008 at 08:07 AM

Scary! Is he aggressive.....or just curious??

Edit typo

[Edited on 4-11-2008 by longlegsinlapaz]

baitcast - 4-11-2008 at 08:23 AM

I second that:lol: all funning aside I had just bought my first tinboat and we were having some fun catching sierra when I looked down an there was the biggest damn hammerhead you ever saw right under the stern of the boat:o

We started feeding him hunks of fish and WHOA !! he started getting more friendly by the minute nudging the boat with has nose,and moving us around,the boat was 14' when he came along side I got a good feel for his length 12' atleast:o

When he took a liking to the lower unit I decided it was time to move on:biggrin: just another page in my book of memories of the gulf.
Rob

Fausto - 4-12-2008 at 01:02 PM

It looks to me like you're ticling it and it's laughing:lol:

DianaT - 4-12-2008 at 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fausto
It looks to me like you're ticling it and it's laughing:lol:

:yes::yes::yes:

bill erhardt - 4-30-2008 at 07:20 AM

Here's one that did not require any Photo Shop. This great white was caught in a net off Santa Rosalia a couple of years ago.

SRGreatWhite.jpg - 42kB

tattuna - 4-30-2008 at 08:28 AM

WOW! I always thought the Cortez was too warm for great whites.

vandenberg - 4-30-2008 at 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bill erhardt
Here's one that did not require any Photo Shop. This great white was caught in a net off Santa Rosalia a couple of years ago.

Been around here for over 25 years and never heard of that one.:?::?:

bill erhardt - 4-30-2008 at 09:01 AM

Vandenberg....... You have not been keeping your ear to the ground.
http://mexfish.com/sros/sros2004/sros041011b/sros041011b.htm

Big Shark

Russ - 4-30-2008 at 09:09 AM

It's one thing to have a SHARK pester yo while you're fishing.......

Big Shark & boat.jpg - 49kB

Russ - 4-30-2008 at 09:12 AM

but sharing a wave with one is not good!

Big Shark:sufer.jpg - 47kB

elizabeth - 4-30-2008 at 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bill erhardt

I think about that one every time I go diving at La Lobera at Isla Coronado with Mr./Ms. White's favorite food...it had to go past there on the way to Santa Rosalia...but, even so, I was sad that it got caught.

[Edited on 4-30-2008 by elizabeth]

bill erhardt - 4-30-2008 at 09:25 AM

Elizabeth....... It gives me pause too, whenever I go overboard to cool off in the summertime. I showed the picture to my kids and wish I hadn't.

vandenberg - 4-30-2008 at 11:56 AM

Was not my intent to question your story. Am amazed that I never heard of it, since those kind of encounters fascinate me.
And to think of all the times I used to dive overboard during the hot summer days, miles from anywhere, just to cool off a little.:(
Scaaaaarrrry !!!

Sharksbaja - 4-30-2008 at 01:29 PM

Hug a shark for good karma!

Capt. George - 4-30-2008 at 02:50 PM

Great Whites go where they want when they want. They really need to eat more lobos...

Makos only habitate warmer waters, correct? NOT How about south of Nantucket during the months of Jan/Feb, no lie!

Roberto - 4-30-2008 at 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capt. George
Great Whites go where they want when they want. They really need to eat more lobos...

There's a huge sea lion problem in California -- just ask any fisherman :lol::lol::lol::lol:

But, they are cute and cuddly, and sharks are mean and threatening so the sea lions are protected, and the sharks are hunted, to the point where those sea lions have almost no predators -- except angry pescadores. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Capt. George - 5-1-2008 at 04:46 AM

Beach Fishing for striped bass on the northeast coast has been derailed do to the large numbers of seals...

hook up and feed a seal...cute and cuddly, ain't that a crock.

It's like the fat and ugly manatees here in Florida...no wake zone for four million miles...I say harpoon them and feed them to the Whites in order to give the shark more strength to attack more sea lions...

Sound like a plan to me....Hand me a bowl of that turtle soup please!

vandenberg - 5-1-2008 at 07:34 AM

George,
Is that the conservationist in you speaking.:lol:

AcuDoc - 5-2-2008 at 08:41 PM

Stole you pics for a question on the San Carlos board...gave you credit

http://sancarlosmx.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=4614&fo...

Capt. George - 5-3-2008 at 04:41 AM

Van, yes you're correct, a regular Al Gore am I....It's just deeply hidden under a veil of tears...........

Pass me one of those little Piping Plover legs, they're great, just not very much meat, and I like MEAT!

Sorry, no more time, I have a date to go bird watching............