BajaNomad

What every fisherman needs and should have

baitcast - 4-14-2008 at 12:42 PM

vv

Have you stopped laughing at my pic yet? this is the best of five I took:lol:

Anyway any fisherman worth his salt should have one of these on his wall in his space where ever that may be.

This space is for him,or his fishin buds anyone else must know the pass-word,this place is where you tye your flys,work on reels and have your PC all those important things that guys have.

PC,s and digital camera,s are all fine an nice but they are nothing next to a cork bulletin board with some of your favorite fishin pic,s,this is something you can look at anytime you want and smile,each Pic brings back memorys.

I had many more but my x some how lost most of the others when it came time to split the goods,she knew what I liked:lol:

Some of these shots go back to fishing in the late 40,s top right hand corner,Dad and I with two nice lakers.

If you don,t have one see what you are missing.
Rob

[Edited on 4-14-2008 by baitcast]

Sharksbaja - 4-14-2008 at 02:54 PM

You really are a "very fisherman"! (like we didn't already know):lol:

I just can't seem to find anythang anymore. Let alone fish photos. I'll bet they're in the attic!:yes: Now where's that ladder??

Paulina - 4-14-2008 at 04:00 PM

We used to have one. We called it "The Wall of Shame". It also started out as a cork board, but it couldn't help but expand as friends would add their fishing/baja photos to it. The photos are all in an album now, not as fun as the wall was, but still bring back smiles.

Skipjack Joe - 4-14-2008 at 04:08 PM

So that's where the San Quintin sign went to. :lol:

baitcast - 4-14-2008 at 04:17 PM

Would have loved to check out that one Paulina:biggrin:
Rob

[Edited on 4-14-2008 by baitcast]

Wiles - 4-14-2008 at 04:18 PM

Paulina,

'Every picture tells a story, don't it' Had to be the most popular room in the place. You really need to write a book about all your experiences. You are a great story teller.:yes:

Paulina - 4-14-2008 at 07:18 PM

Thanks guys for your comments, it was a great wall and we miss it. It was at our restaurant Planet Pizza, which we closed a couple of years ago November after Dern's dad passed.

We miss the wall, but sure don't miss the restaurant!

P<*)))><

Pescador - 4-15-2008 at 02:50 PM

At home, the Sportsman's Warehouse has a bragging board for pictures, but they are mostly pictures from the local lakes and streams which means what they are posting for nice fish are about the same size as what we catch here for bait, and we catch 6-8 at a time. I posted a picture of a large grouper that I caught and it really did look out of place on this particular board, but at least the staff there knew me when I came in the store.

acadist - 4-15-2008 at 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
At home, the Sportsman's Warehouse has a bragging board for pictures, but they are mostly pictures from the local lakes and streams which means what they are posting for nice fish are about the same size as what we catch here for bait, and we catch 6-8 at a time. I posted a picture of a large grouper that I caught and it really did look out of place on this particular board, but at least the staff there knew me when I came in the store.
I know what you mean, when I moved to CO from SoCal I had to buy one of those toothpick sized rods to make that trout feel like a real fish!

Sharksbaja - 4-15-2008 at 06:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by acadist
I know what you mean, when I moved to CO from SoCal I had to buy one of those toothpick sized rods to make that trout feel like a real fish!

That is so true, but nothing has changed over time. Although I've caught some "lunkers" in Ca. , that is not the norm. As far back as I can remember(50 yrs or so) ther has always been dinky freshwater fish in CA. Funny, once you cross the border, they are all a tad bigger.
Much of the Sierras that I flyfished for decades produced nice fish but never very large. That does not mean that giant fish are not in there. I can think of a couple mountain lakes that had submarine sized fish. They did not eat I figgered. I threw everything but a duck on a hook to em and they just cruised by, laughing and looking at me in that fishy wierd way.

A big trout in CA is 12 inches.:lol: I think they taste better than big ones.