BajaNomad

Loreto/Mulege Dorado predictions?

naknekm - 4-23-2008 at 05:51 PM

So, does anyone have any predictions on how the Dorado (and Sails and Marlin) run will be in the Mulege Loreto area this summer?

How about the Sargasso Weed?

I am hoping for a good season this year. I will probably pull my boat down for a couple of weeks of fishing if the Dorado are there.

Bob and Susan - 4-23-2008 at 08:06 PM

the grass is just pulling up now

lots near the shore so thick you could walk on it

yellowtail right now no dorado yet

edit...we're on the bay near mulege

[Edited on 4-24-2008 by Bob and Susan]

Don Alley - 4-23-2008 at 09:06 PM

Who knows?

Loreto:

There are lots of seaweed paddies out there now. But as we've seen in the past, they can disappear before the water warms for the dorado. As far as I can tell, there are no reliable early season indicators.

Today, at Isla Catalan, we saw a sailfish, got a report of an unsuccessful attempt to bait a marlin, and heard that dorado have been caught within 12 miles of that island.

I just posted comments about this in my latest report

flyfishinPam - 4-24-2008 at 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by naknekm
So, does anyone have any predictions on how the Dorado (and Sails and Marlin) run will be in the Mulege Loreto area this summer?

How about the Sargasso Weed?

I am hoping for a good season this year. I will probably pull my boat down for a couple of weeks of fishing if the Dorado are there.

Conventional Fish Report for the Loreto Area posted 24 April: I don't remember how to post a link in bb code so here it is:

http://www.bajabigfish.com/conv_report.html

naknekm - 4-29-2008 at 05:42 PM

Well, I am wondering about the prediction for this year's Dorado run. I didn't see that on your site. Did I miss it?