BajaNomad

The Final Plan

fishbuck - 5-2-2008 at 01:05 AM

Okay, here's how it's going down.
5-21 Depart Lax 11:50 arive Lap at 2:30. Pick up car. $25/day Drive to store for supplies. Mostly ice and beer. Drive to secret location motel. $39/night. Drink beer on beach and have dinner.
5-22. Up early for fishing. Beachfront pickup by expert captain in 22 panga. $130/DAY. Drink beer and catch fish until my arms fall off. Back to beach. Help fillet and bag the fish. Hit the shower and airconditioning.
Find a cool shady place for lunch and a beer. Go to sleep very early.
5-23 repeat 5-22... or maybe not.
5-24 Play on the beach until noon and head to the airport.
At Lax at 4:30. It's a saturday so no traffic home on the freeway. I hope.
So about $750 including air and 1 day fishing.
I figure I'll spend about $1000.
Or probably about $100 per fish. But totally worth it!

[Edited on 5-2-2008 by fishbuck]

Russ - 5-2-2008 at 05:27 AM

Sounds like a great whirlwind escape. If you don't have to be home for an other day you may be able to get one more day in if you take a taxi instead of renting a car for about the same $. Maybe the hotel knows a good driver and or has a pickup service? Maybe a rich Nomad with a waterfront estate and maid service would offer to put you up :tumble: One can always dream!
Have fun:light:

capt. mike - 5-2-2008 at 07:04 AM

Buck - if you have a grand to spend on 1-2 days fishin' , maybe only one day, you need to just fly to Mulege from SD (or PHX cheaper) in my bird, you'll get 3 nites hotel, won't need a car and can fish 2 days guaranteed.
plus enjoy the ambiance of a small village, cool little bars, and airconditioned room with pool bar, other anglers and baja nutz hanging about, no big airport hassles.............
but either way enjoy it and have fun.

fishbuck - 5-5-2008 at 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Sounds like a great whirlwind escape. If you don't have to be home for an other day you may be able to get one more day in if you take a taxi instead of renting a car for about the same $. Maybe the hotel knows a good driver and or has a pickup service? Maybe a rich Nomad with a waterfront estate and maid service would offer to put you up :tumble: One can always dream!
Have fun:light:

Oh ya I can dream alright!

fishbuck - 5-5-2008 at 06:57 PM

407 rt air Alaska Air
120 3 nts room beachfront room
87-120 3 days rental car
130 day panga
_______
approx $750

I could skip the car and save a few bucks but not much. I like having the car.
I really don't think this trip can be done much cheaper.

Diver - 5-5-2008 at 07:08 PM

I hope you are charging it all on your "frequent flyer" card. :biggrin: