BajaNomad

Fishing Licenses Available in San Lucas

bajajudy - 5-3-2008 at 06:32 AM

Across and down the street a little from the Mar de Cortez Hotel on the second floor of chips and beer mini-super. Cost about $45. dont remember the exact amount in pesos. Closes at 4.

BajaBruno - 5-3-2008 at 11:20 AM

I hope it's easier than trying to get one from the government. I tried to get one in La Paz last year for a friend who flew in and they ran us all over the city. Here for the instructions, there for the forms, back here to fill them out, across town and 40 minutes in line to pay for it, then back across town to have it signed. It seemed pretty clear they had no interest in streamlining the process.

It took three days of lost fishing and next time I'll just advise we ignore it, like the pangueros do. As my Mexican friends say, "We pay the cop because the government makes it so hard to pay the ticket."

Bob and Susan - 5-3-2008 at 12:16 PM

in santa rosalia...

just go to the stationary store around the corner and buy a "form #5"...

then to the fishing license place...

pay the fee and you are done

its easy

bajajudy - 5-4-2008 at 07:16 AM

This was very easy and it is a government office, I believe.

shari - 5-4-2008 at 08:05 AM

there is a hotel in San Lucas Cove????

capt. mike - 5-4-2008 at 08:31 AM

used to be quite the fly in hotel resort i hear, way before my time apparently tho cause its been closed and the military took it over as a retreat for their top brass.
i bet Pescador can shed light on the facts, mine are from others.
there is a very nice dirt strip adjacent to the old hotel building. wish one could use it.

bajajudy - 5-4-2008 at 09:05 AM

How about Cabo San Lucas?
Sorry being from Los Cabos, I omitted the Cabo.

CaboMagic - 5-4-2008 at 12:34 PM

The Cabo San Lucas Pesca office you reference has been open for a few years now .. The sequence of events is go there first to complete paperwork, then go pay at the bank, then return with paid reciept/s and get daily licenses/. BUT, weekly &/or annual licenses take more steps and time .. Licenses are issued in La Paz, so the local agent goes there to get them .. thus the office in Cabo is closed Sat/Sun + half day Friday and Monday .. I use my "When the wind changes direction, so likely will the answer to the question' response here .. sometimes he does not return until Tuesday or Wednesday .. I hope this helps. Lori

bajajudy - 5-4-2008 at 12:37 PM

Lori
This was a yearly and done while my husband waited.
:biggrin:

CaboMagic - 5-4-2008 at 12:47 PM

Glad it worked out well for him Judy.

When we have to purchase weekly and annual license, IF there are some in the office we can leave with them at the same time. IF not, then its the waiting game.

I suppose if I posted an answer relavant to what happened to Jim then you would have agreed that what I posted was correct, however, since what I posted was meant rather to address a general overall for what can 'expected', then anything different, or less time consuming, can be a pleasant difference.

Lori

[Edited on 5-4-2008 by CaboMagic]

bajajudy - 5-4-2008 at 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboMagic
Glad it worked out well for him Judy.

When we have to purchase weekly and annual license, IF there are some in the office we can leave with them at the same time. IF not, then its the waiting game.

I suppose if I posted an answer relavant to what happened to Jim then you would have agreed that what I posted was correct, however, since what I posted was meant rather to address a general overall for what can 'expected', then anything different, or less time consuming, can be a pleasant difference.

Lori

[Edited on 5-4-2008 by CaboMagic]

I wasnt agreeing or disagreeing just being thankful!

turtleandtoad - 5-5-2008 at 12:51 PM

For an annual Mexico fishing permit or boat permit, why not just get them through the Vagabundos via mail before heading south? That's what I do.

Unlike the local offices that seem to always be "out" (either out of the office or out of forms), the Vags always have the forms (prepaid) and will process and mail them to you, all ready to go. Just affix your signature and your in business.

bajajudy - 5-5-2008 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by turtleandtoad
For an annual Mexico fishing permit or boat permit, why not just get them through the Vagabundos via mail before heading south? That's what I do.

Because I headed south 8 years ago and that is not an option for me.

turtleandtoad - 5-5-2008 at 06:30 PM

The Vags have a RV park in Cabo. If you're a member of the Vags maybe they can do something for you. I know that there is a lot of full-timers there.