BajaNomad

The Back Door into GN

Matt&Mutt - 5-6-2008 at 10:33 PM

How many folks use the back way into GN (past the airstrip & military base) to avoid the checkpoint ?

bajadogs - 5-6-2008 at 10:58 PM

geeze man.

you want to jump in and publicize everything?

slow down.

please

Sharksbaja - 5-7-2008 at 12:46 AM

Why? That is not a military stop and it's brief if at all.

dean miller - 5-7-2008 at 05:58 AM

Gosh!

What a surprise!

Not one of us knew or will admit to knowing about the short cut to avoid the check point and the spray gun...

I am certain we will get lost hunting for it...so would like to enlist your assistance.

Would you please plant a large neon sign on the highway with arrows pointing the way? It would certainly be helpful.

Maybe a few signs along the route stating "Gringos this way."

I do commend you for your enthusiasm and desire to be a member of this band of brothers and sisters

--but--

Certain things should be spoken in hushed tones over a cool one during the dark of the night and only transmitted by word of mouth

Bajaboy - 5-7-2008 at 06:38 AM

Why does one need to avoid the checkpoint is a better question?

Zac

David K - 5-7-2008 at 07:35 AM

Well, if one is an illegal alien (has no tourist card)... or if one doesn't want to use the two other major roads that cross into Baja Sur that do not have checkpoints... Or, if one is just interested in seeing the beach and dunes the locals go to, north of Guerrrero Negro and west of the paved airport... and don't mind that they miss seeing the Eagle Monument up close :lol:

oxxo - 5-7-2008 at 07:37 AM

The agriculture check is no big deal - 2 minutes and 20 pesos. You will spend more time and more money on gas going through the "back door."

bajalou - 5-7-2008 at 08:13 AM

Last time I went through there they had a Military checkpoint on that road right in front of the airport.

Oso - 5-7-2008 at 08:23 AM

This thread needs to open a nice big can of STFU.:mad:

David K - 5-7-2008 at 08:23 AM

Military checks are all over Baja, so that wouldn't be a reason to sneak around the state border line... Just the FM-T inspection/ Ag spray booth that are on Hwy. 1 and not any other road into Baja Sur.

vandenberg - 5-7-2008 at 08:31 AM

If you try this bypass, make sure you drive a fairly high clearance vehicle.
The "topes" on this road are of the monumental variety and will make hash of your undercarriage. Need to go off road to get around them, making this trip not worthwhile.
Besides, last time through ( second week of April ) was just waved through. No spraying !!

oxxo - 5-7-2008 at 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Just the FM-T inspection/ Ag spray booth that are on Hwy. 1 and not any other road into Baja Sur.

They have never checked my visa at this stop, and I pass through there often. I have never seen the immigration office open there.

Martyman - 5-7-2008 at 08:45 AM

Thanks for telling me. I didn't know about it. That is what this board is about.

These days its all secrecy and no privacy
M. Jagger

meme - 5-7-2008 at 09:03 AM

We were thru there in March 2008 & they asked for Visas, we all had FM-3 & they sprayed vehicles also $1

mtgoat666 - 5-7-2008 at 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt&Mutt
How many folks use the back way into GN (past the airstrip & military base) to avoid the checkpoint ?

Never occured to me to avoid any of the the checkpoints. They don't take much time. What's your hurry? And what are you trying to smuggle?

shari - 5-7-2008 at 02:13 PM

Sometimes Federales park at this point and nobody wants to deal with those guys if you can avoid it.

vgabndo - 5-7-2008 at 03:00 PM

MattandMutt said:

"Do you mean that it's actually LEGAL to drive in Baja without a properly prepared margarita or an open chilled cerveza on the dashboard ???

Hard to believe. "

Perhaps Matt is worried that someone will complaign about his driving...er drinking..er both..er sumthin' :lol:

Roberto - 5-7-2008 at 03:22 PM

There's a back door into Guerrero Negro? Really? Can you post coordinates? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

David K - 5-7-2008 at 05:10 PM

You can see it (from space) on the Google site!

Yeah, well....

Matt&Mutt - 5-7-2008 at 09:44 PM

Well, I guess I wish that I hadn't brought it up in the first place, but David's correct--you can even see the shadow of the mammoth Mexican flag & the "eagle" sculputure at the checkpoint, not to mention every single established local route in & around the neighborhood.

Big secret...

DavidT - 5-7-2008 at 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
There's a back door into Guerrero Negro? Really? Can you post coordinates? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It is the same road that takes you to Seven Sisters. And everybody knows where that is, right?

Sharksbaja - 5-8-2008 at 01:18 AM

That's why I hate this place.:(

David K - 5-8-2008 at 07:30 AM

Why, because we all know each other's 'secret spot'? That's why we are an organized group... Baja Nomads... and we all love Baja and have respect for her.

It is those who are not Nomads that you need to worry about!

I have been "sharing" my favorite beach, Shell Island with you all for many years... and it is still the beautiful place I first saw 30 years ago when I first camped there!

Don't worry... Be happy!!

Here is my first time driving onto Shell Island in March, 1978... That Subaru was an awesome sand buggy!

[Edited on 5-8-2008 by David K]

oxxo - 5-8-2008 at 07:54 AM

Quote:
That Subaru was an awesome sand buggy!

SUBAROO!? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: My grandmother drives a better car than that!

What could be better?

David K - 5-8-2008 at 09:12 AM

In the late 70's and 80's, Subaru made excellent 4WD (not AWD) wagons and the BRAT... I could get it everywhere I wanted to go... pre-ran the Baja 1000 in '79 with it (to Gonzaga on the old road) and it was awesome in the sand... got 25 miles per gallon too. Photo below taken in Calamajue Canyon, on the 1000 course.

After 2 years of a problem after problem new '75 Jeep Cherokee Chief, the little Subaru was wonderful and inexpensive for my Baja travels and camping on Shell Island...

It was the first of three 4WD Subarus I bought and put over 100,000 miles on all three... the '77 you see above, an '80 and an '86...

Now, they only offer All Wheel Drive, no low range and lost me as a customer... That's okay, with my Toyota truck (my second) I can go everywhere... including Mision Santa Maria (which the Subaru wouldn't be able to get to)!

Sharksbaja - 5-8-2008 at 12:10 PM

Quote:
Why, because we all know each other's 'secret spot'? That's why we are an organized group... Baja Nomads... and we all love Baja and have respect for her.

I have been "sharing" my favorite beach, Shell Island with you all for many years... and it is still the beautiful place I first saw 30 years ago when I first camped there!

Here is my first time driving onto Shell Island in March, 1978... That Subaru was an awesome sand buggy!

No David, because big-mouthed posters CAN and DO have an impact on Baja, both positive AND negative, HELLO!

rts551 - 5-8-2008 at 12:19 PM

Puke... off your soap box PLZZZZZZZ. Your first paragraph is just not so. get a life DK.

Quote:

Capt. George - 5-8-2008 at 02:52 PM

oooh Ralph, touchy, touchy! you sound like me. ya must be in Arizona.

vacaenbaja - 5-8-2008 at 05:05 PM

The early subaru did do well in baja. If I remember correctly
Tom miller 'Mr. Baja" drove one around most verywhere and liked it. The engine was a water cooled flat opposed four cylinder like the old volkswagon air cooled engines.
It was good for two people and limited cargo. great gas
milage for a 4x4 wagon.

Udo - 5-8-2008 at 05:11 PM

The good thing about the 77-91 Subarus is that they can easily be worked on by most mechanics in Baja. There are a lot of mid-80's wagons all over the peninsula.

David K - 5-8-2008 at 06:19 PM

rts551... Baja is my life dude... what's your excuse? :lol:

Corky... I don't believe it, show me eveidence that Baja Nomads made a negative impact on an undeveloped part of Baja!:light:

(sorry for the mis-spelling Corky)

[Edited on 5-11-2008 by David K]

No secrets mate!

GordoyFeo - 5-9-2008 at 09:07 PM

In fact, I prefer to pull into the GN checkpoint and declare my fruits and vegetables.

When told I cannot pass with such dangerous items, I cordially and respectfully, in Spanish, tell them I am going to back up, turn around, and use the bypass suggested on the nomads message board.

I have found plenty of trash in plenty of places after plenty a trip report on plenty a meesage board.

What did OSO say: STFU!!!!

It's speld CORKY

Sharksbaja - 5-9-2008 at 10:09 PM

Yes David read my lips......"negative impact" . I really am shocked to see someone reply that way. Do you actually think we are all angels?

I can only think of one off hand, and it ain't you. It's BajaAngel of course!:P
:saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint:
:saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint:

The Sculpin - 5-9-2008 at 10:38 PM

Oh this is so classic! I am laughing my head off.....could it be that Matt&Mutt and DK are one and the same? Let's see (hands to temples, looking towards sky) I am having flashbacks to Amigos and the BBB'rs and their shameless exposure of Baja....OK, no M&M is now outdoing DK (without the self-promotion) in "exposing" - no - violating old timers sensibilities about what is secret and what is not. What is commonly known among true afficionados, and what is kept from the masses (even between this eclectic bunch of bananas) in order to preserve "exclusivity". OMG - M&M, truly you do not surf lest you suffer the slings and arrows that befell that certain longboard "surf star" when he last visited rattlesnakes (the old timers name for a point more recently the subject of a for sale sign on an overpriced palapa). I'm sure M&M has no idea of the hornets nest that he has stuck so hard with the stick of irony, yet he (she?) is laughing as hard as I. For the sake of all concerned...why didn't my wife do a better job of hiding the pharmamceuticals!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh......

woody with a view - 5-9-2008 at 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sculpin
Oh this is so classic! I am laughing my head off.....could it be that Matt&Mutt and DK are one and the same? Let's see (hands to temples, looking towards sky) I am having flashbacks to Amigos and the BBB'rs and their shameless exposure of Baja....OK, no M&M is now outdoing DK (without the self-promotion) in "exposing" - no - violating old timers sensibilities about what is secret and what is not. What is commonly known among true afficionados, and what is kept from the masses (even between this eclectic bunch of bananas) in order to preserve "exclusivity". OMG - M&M, truly you do not surf lest you suffer the slings and arrows that befell that certain longboard "surf star" when he last visited rattlesnakes (the old timers name for a point more recently the subject of a for sale sign on an overpriced palapa). I'm sure M&M has no idea of the hornets nest that he has stuck so hard with the stick of irony, yet he (she?) is laughing as hard as I. For the sake of all concerned...why didn't my wife do a better job of hiding the pharmamceuticals!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh......

tell us how you really feel, no wait, we get it......he doesn't! never will!!!!

as for "longboard stars.... well, beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, no?":lol::P:light::?::?::?:

edit: for proper sizing of body armor.....:?::bounce::?::bounce::?:

[Edited on 5-10-2008 by woody in ob]

100_2656 (Small).jpg - 40kB

ItsBetterInBaja - 5-10-2008 at 12:24 AM

OK I have had enough. This site USED to be my home page. I used to enjoy reading the posts. But **** has happened to bajanomad? Now don't get me wrong...everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's what makes the world go round. But I'm sick and tired of the a-holes and the bashing and personal attacks. I still love Baja and always will but I will not visit this forum again. I know I won't be missed I've hardly posted at all. Adios Amigos.

[Edited on 5-10-2008 by Hose A]

woody with a view - 5-10-2008 at 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ItsBetterInBaja
OK I have had enough. This site USED to be my home page. I used to enjoy reading the posts. But **** has happened to bajanomad? Now don't get me wrong...everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's what makes the world go round. But I'm sick and tired of the a-holes and the bashing and personal attacks. I still love Baja and always will but I will not visit this forum again. I know I won't be missed I've hardly posted at all. Adios Amigos.

WOW!, we'll probably miss you...but not before it's too late! gracias for permitting my opinion on the matter....and as an aside, now we won't have to pick up the pieces of your good side anymore!:?::?::?:

[Edited on 5-10-2008 by Hose A]

David K - 5-10-2008 at 09:11 AM

Some people see the world as a beautiful place, the home of mankind, and look for ways to enjoy life on our planet.

Other people see man as the invader and destroyer of things and look for ways to keep people from enjoying this planet.

Baja Nomad has both people, the givers and the complainers.

I have not seen any damage to Baja done by Baja Nomads. I have seen plenty of damage done by 'locals' in the form of grafitti, trash dumped at camp sites and not hauled out, historic sites destroyed...

So, I choose to 'promote' as much of the interesting and beautiful Baja places I can to Nomads (who are here to learn about Baja to enjoy it, not destroy it) before those places are destroyed or messed up.

If there is a financial interest in saving those sites from destruction, by us Nomads traveling to Baja, then there is some hope.

At the very least, the sites can be seen on the Internet or on a visit before they are messed up with spray paint, trach or tractor.

Oh.... and what I have shown on Nomad or my web site are all places described in some guidebook, with one exception... a petro site east of El Socorro I call 'Petroglyph Park' that we found. So, I have not revealed any 'secrets'...

rts551 - 5-10-2008 at 12:40 PM

DK

Funny how you color yourself in such a wonderful light. You are really full of yourself aren't you. Take time one of these days to see there are two sides to every story.

mtgoat666 - 5-10-2008 at 12:56 PM

I am amused at this thread!!!!:lol: I like to see DK advertise his virtue!!!! Kudos, DK!!!!:rolleyes: You are destined for sainhood!!!! :saint: !!!
I also learned how to get to the dunes north of GN - have occasionally wondered how to get there, and now I know!!! :light:

Also, vastly amused by individuals thinking the road was a secret path to nirvana!!!! :P

p.s. if you discover nirvana!!!!!, don't tell this board (!!!! :fire: !!! :fire:) or it will be GPS-ed and advertised by saints, and next week nirvana will be mission valley mall!!!!! :!: parking lot!!!! :fire:

baitcast - 5-10-2008 at 01:04 PM

O come on boys go easy on DK he can,t help himself:lol:

Over 14000 posts and counting,he obviously needs something to do,hes always been more than happy to keep us enlightened to all things Baja,I don.t know how I could have made it without him:lol:

Year after year,on and on it goes:rolleyes:
Rob

Real Meaningful and Quality Bashing

The Gull - 5-10-2008 at 02:23 PM

It must be time to gang up on another Nomad. Nice work guys. You all should be proud.

Somehow, I have missed reading your amazing contributions to this board in the past. I must be more diligent in the future when greatness is offered to us.

bajadogs - 5-10-2008 at 10:34 PM

Quote:
Some people see the world as a beautiful place, the home of mankind, and look for ways to enjoy life on our planet.

Other people see man as the invader and destroyer of things and look for ways to keep people from enjoying this planet.

Baja Nomad has both people, the givers and the complainers.

You are totally out of line with this quote DK!!! I would be ashamed to stoop so low to rally such an offensive and childish argument. You do not define NOMAD!

Skipjack Joe - 5-10-2008 at 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
You are destined for sainhood!!!! :saint: !!!

You go too far.

Sainthood no, but maybe ......

Cub-Scout-Fred.jpg - 31kB

LIST PLEASE!

Sharksbaja - 5-10-2008 at 10:56 PM

I guess David thinks he's the "model" Nomad. My goodness David you sure do draw a big line in the sand.
Now, which side shall it be? How absurd.

You do acknowledge there is more than one type of Nomad.
Hooray!

bajadogs - 5-10-2008 at 11:53 PM

Let me try some DK logic-

Some see the world as a beautiful place, seeking to understand her, and learn to live harmoniously with her.

Others see the world as a big oil tank, sucking her dry till our internal combustion engines have hauled our fat burros to every corner of the planet, trampling over anything that gets in the way of our enjoyment.

Nomads has both people- sunburned beer bellies, and ratty sun-bleached hair folks :?:

CaboRon - 5-11-2008 at 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadogs
Let me try some DK logic-

Some see the world as a beautiful place, seeking to understand her, and learn to live harmoniously with her.

Others see the world as a big oil tank, sucking her dry till our internal combustion engines have hauled our fat burros to every corner of the planet, trampling over anything that gets in the way of our enjoyment.

Nomads has both people- sunburned beer bellies, and ratty sun-bleached hair folks :?:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

David K - 5-11-2008 at 09:28 AM

You guys are so funny...

I am only giving my thoughts on Nomads and NOT defining anything... You all go right ahaead and be mean all you want... The reason you joined Baja Nomad was to gain some Baja knowledge, right? So, why does it bother you when information on Baja is posted? Is it because you had no idea that other Nomads actually knew about your 'secret' beach or 'secret' short cut?

Come on, because I have a lot to give means nothing other than I have a lot to give... So, relax... I am not trying to tell anyone that they belong in either catagory, just expressing my thoughts on the logic of why some of you appreciate what I post while others can't wait to throw mud at me for posting.

Go on, do what you do... but try and remember why you joined Baja Nomad and that there are other, new Nomads who are good people too, just here to learn about things in Baja so they can enjoy it too.

Have a nice day!:biggrin:

baitcast - 5-11-2008 at 10:12 AM

:rolleyes: You just could not let it go,keep coming back for more of the same,:lol:
Rob

Just the ignorant trying to pull people into the gutter so they can have company.

The Gull - 5-11-2008 at 11:20 AM

Gadget - 5-11-2008 at 02:19 PM

I would like to ask all of you to go back to the 1st post on this thread and ask yourself, what in the h### your last post has to do with it?

I would also like to know how many of you would talk to each other face to face, the way you type at each other from behind you puter?

baitcast - 5-11-2008 at 03:00 PM

Absolutely nothing,thats just the point,Gadget you haven,t been around here long enough to know whats been going on over the years.

I,ve been running into his crap for the last five or six years,I was 4/wheeling it with my family when he was a mere pup:lol:

He highjacks postings,corrects peoples spelling,he,s a self promoter,when he,s on his soapbox he,s at his best:rolleyes: should I go on?
Rob

PS He even gets in on fishing postings of which he knows NOTHING.

This is not like me. Sorry Rant over.

[Edited on 5-11-2008 by baitcast]

Bajaboy - 5-11-2008 at 03:16 PM

but I have been around long enough and completely agree with Gadget....keep your negative opinions about others to yourself.

As for the GN checkpoint, I haven't been asked for my tourist permit for quite some time.

Zac

msteve1014 - 5-11-2008 at 03:29 PM

i get sprayed every time going south, and asked for the visas every time going north. we stay on the highway, no big deal,

cpg - 5-11-2008 at 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
....keep your negative opinions about others to yourself.

I agree.

oxxo - 5-11-2008 at 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by msteve1014
asked for the visas every time going north. we stay on the highway, no big deal,

Interesting. We stay in GN for the night, so when going north we pass through the ag station about 6 or 7 in the morning. No one has ever been in the immigration office at that hour. When we go south, we pull into GN about 5 or 6 in the afternoon. Again, no one ever in the immigration office. This is about 20 times in the last three years.

You are right, we stay on the highway going both north and south, and it has never been a big deal.

David K - 5-11-2008 at 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baitcast
Absolutely nothing,thats just the point,Gadget you haven,t been around here long enough to know whats been going on over the years.

I,ve been running into his crap for the last five or six years,I was 4/wheeling it with my family when he was a mere pup:lol:

He highjacks postings,corrects peoples spelling,he,s a self promoter,when he,s on his soapbox he,s at his best:rolleyes: should I go on?
Rob

PS He even gets in on fishing postings of which he knows NOTHING.

This is not like me. Sorry Rant over.

[Edited on 5-11-2008 by baitcast]

Talk about your experiences, and leave me out of your posts ... specially when you don't even know me... and that's hard to do when there already is so much on Nomad I have written.

I will post about Baja... that is what Nomad is for... Spending all your energy saying crap is ugly... I believe in people and most here are beautiful people...

As far as fishing goes, that's what brought me to Baja in the first place... the fishing! If it wasn't for fishing, then I may not have been exposed to the peninsula at the prime age I was... Here I am with my first dorado catch, off Cabo San Lucas in 1966... and we didn't fly there or take the ferry to Baja, we drove all the way down the peninsula from Tijuana... and I remember it well... I think there are some who are interested in the way Baja was before Hwy. 1 was made and I am happy to share my memories.

We fished both sides of Baja from pangas and from the shore, in the 60's, 70's, and 80's... We caught (and ate) so much fish back then that I am tired of only fishing in Baja and would rather do other things with my time off... explore, off road, photograph, camp, relax.

So, because I don't spend much time boasting about my fishing here doesn't mean I don't ever have something to say about it... That it bothers you I have anything to say at all here on Nomad is really interesting, but weird... I am not trying to make enemies with my posts, but I guess there isn't much I can say to ask you to stop your stuff, but how about it? Post what you know and not just to throw mud at other Nomads... okay? You will not find any post by me that put you down or gave you a reason to lash out at me. So please enjoy life and post as much as you can about YOUR Baja experiences... and I will do the same!

Peace, Love and Fish Tacos afterall...

66-67 pics 006.jpg - 50kB

msteve1014 - 5-11-2008 at 04:52 PM

we always hit the checkpoint about 2 or 3 pm headed south, and 9 or 10 am going north. always seems to work out that way. someone was always there at those times

[Edited on 5-11-2008 by msteve1014]

baitcast - 5-11-2008 at 05:18 PM

Dave I got to hand it to you,you have always handled these skirmishes well.

Fact of the matter I have enjoyed many of your postings over the years and have agreed with you several times ie turtles,sand tracks and the like,as long as you don,t preach

The fishin I still have my doubts,but enough drama for today,I,m to old anyway. Peace Bro Who knows maybe some day we may get stuck and need a hand:lol:
Rob

Sharksbaja - 5-12-2008 at 12:09 AM

Yes David does contribute good stuff. He's put a lot of time and effort into this place.
My beef is always about the same things. Exposing certain sensitive areas(imo) and grouping us Nomads into some category. Many of us us share common likes and as much, dislikes.
In reality there are many folks that don't fit the/a mold whatsoever. It doesn't make them any less a Nomad than yourself David, just different. Paz..

rts551 - 5-12-2008 at 07:29 AM

I too enjoy his trip reports and pictures (the first time). Just not the self-focus and preaching that only his view is the correct one.

Peace

TMW - 5-12-2008 at 07:41 AM

I'm glad everyone is kissing and making up and the one that closed the door can come back now, all is well.

baitcast - 5-12-2008 at 08:24 AM

Haven,t had a smoke in three days,somebody is going to catch hell might as well be DK:lol:
Rob

David K - 5-12-2008 at 08:28 AM

OK, it's all my fault... I took away Rob's smokes!:(:wow::lol:

Sharksbaja - 5-12-2008 at 10:10 AM

Yes David your posts are your own fault. Leave Robs' habit outta this.

TW, please understand, we don't want no steenkeen crybabies aqui! :lol:

Gadget - 5-12-2008 at 11:07 AM

Now you see how much better that is?

I won't try to make myself out to be any saint here, as I can be just as big an opinionated dick head as the next guy.

What I try to do is add my input to the topic or question and just enjoy the responses, not respond to them. I don't always do that, but is what I try to keep in mind as I post.

I have stated this before that I cannot see how David puts up with all the crap he gets from a very few here. I would have taken all my knowledge, pictures, books and resources and split a long time ago.

David doesn't by any stretch of his or my imagination "make" the BajaNomad forum, but he sure adds alot to it IMO.

The Sculpin - 5-12-2008 at 11:13 AM

Damn - since everybody just had to pee in the campfire the damn things gone out.....'nuff said........my meds are wearing off anyway.......:yawn:

BAJACAT - 5-13-2008 at 10:47 PM

Gees, i was going to post,but forgot what this thread was about???.
And who's??? DAVID K???

Message for David

thebajarunner - 5-14-2008 at 08:05 AM

"Illigitimi non carborundum"

Sharksbaja - 5-14-2008 at 11:10 AM

Ok, what's that? Latin? Isn't carborundum a mineral?

Are you saying David is not a legit rock?:lol:

rts551 - 5-14-2008 at 11:13 AM

Cluck, cluck cluck

ELINVESTIG8R - 5-14-2008 at 11:17 AM

David K is not a "Cabrón." For God sakes you guys stop it.
:lol:

Roberto - 5-14-2008 at 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
Ok, what's that? Latin? Isn't carborundum a mineral?

Are you saying David is not a legit rock?:lol:

PIG Latin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegitimi_non_carborundum

Sharksbaja - 5-14-2008 at 01:05 PM

Duh, how tupid am I???:rolleyes::lol:

Thanks Roberto.

[Edited on 5-14-2008 by Sharksbaja]

David K - 5-14-2008 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner
"Illigitimi non carborundum"

Thanks Dick... very cool latin phrase there!!

For those who need the English, put it in Google search (web) at the bottom of Nomad page...

Roberto - 5-14-2008 at 05:53 PM

Quote:

For those who need the English, put it in Google search (web) at the bottom of Nomad page...

Or, you could look two posts up, where the link has already been posted. :wow:

[Edited on 5-15-2008 by Roberto]

David K - 5-14-2008 at 06:00 PM

Yes, thank you, that link is to wikipedia... and yes, it works...

Google supports Baja Nomad, and it is on every Nomad page, so that is why I suggested Google.