BajaNomad

You guys are killin me

Timo1 - 7-7-2008 at 05:44 AM

Come on !!!

SOMEONE has to be fishing and catching...I need to dream some more about what I'm missing...I don't care if you just make up a story...I NEED to read it and dream on

Tim

Osprey - 7-7-2008 at 06:11 AM

Maybe I can give you something tomorrow. Gonna leave at 5AM, drive north to The Bay of The Dead, Punta Arenas lighthouse east of La Paz, jump in a rental panga for 6 hours of lookin'. They've been catching some nice dorado, marlin, sailfish and many, many 20 to 30 lb. pargo snapper. Hoping the wanna be storm to the south blows out completely today.

Osprey - 7-7-2008 at 06:12 AM

Forgot, they caught (2) 600 to 800 lb blue marlin this week here in Palmas Bay in Baja Sur.

Al G - 7-7-2008 at 07:27 AM

Timo1...stop dreaming and meet me in August on the bay of the dead. We be hooking up some big dorados...but I do know what you mean, I am stuck up here for 3 more weeks.

bajabound2005 - 7-7-2008 at 07:34 AM

our neighbors just returned from Loreto with LOTS of Dorado...and they left even more behind because they had no more room.

Don Alley - 7-7-2008 at 09:42 AM

Lots of dorado and some billfish in Loreto. And the dorado are big.

Saturday I fished in the Governor's Cup tournament. My partner caught a 44.2 lb fish, and I got one (a double hookup) of 38 lbs. Neither fish was in the running for a prize, though, with the winner being 53 lbs and at least five or six fish bigger than 44. And perhaps because of the location (Juncalito) and timing (right after the Vagabundos tournament) I think there were only about 30 boats.

We also caught several smaller fish and left a hot bit fairly close in, inside Punta Lobos.

Color:

Here's a pic Paula took:

bajabum - 7-8-2008 at 12:50 PM

This isnt really a fishing forum. If you need a real fix try the BD site. You can get current info/reports for all the hottest spots in the western hemisphere (including specific Baja info)from serious fishermen. The emphasis and experience here is primarily about enjoying aspects other than fishing in Baja.

Russ - 7-8-2008 at 01:04 PM

Few reports in the Mulege area: Lots of billfish with lockjaw and spotty schools of dorado. Heard tuna sited but missed if there were any caught.

Cypress - 7-8-2008 at 04:38 PM

Timo1, Regardless of what some folks might think, fishing is of major interest in Baja.:DWish I could make a fishing report that would make you happy.:D

Don Alley - 7-8-2008 at 05:16 PM

I posted a couple of fish pics today:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=32342&pag...

Timo1 - 7-9-2008 at 05:59 AM

ahhhhhhhh....

I can just FEEL what august is going to bring..Thanks guys...I am a BD member
but I like to see what my friends are catching...awesome fishpics

Tim