BajaNomad

Loreto Fishing Report

Diver - 7-18-2008 at 09:51 PM

I caught this report on Allcoast.
The link takes you to all the photos !!

Loreto Fishing is the Best I have seen it in YEARS!!!

Just got back from the Fishing for the Mission Tounament. All I can say is WOW!! the fishing is the best I have seen in years. The first day we went out looking for Grouper and found the Honey Hole. 27 total up to 35lbs. We only fished for about an hour and a half, Before we headed back. If this was the only day we would fish it would have been a great trip. But.....

The second day we went out to pre-Fish for the tounament. The Dorado's were everywhere. I cannot believe I was releasing 35+ pound fish. We found a few HOT spots and a Dead Seal, So we marked the spots and went in with our limits (all tipping the scale at 40lbs).

The Start of the Tounament went off without a hitch.(last years fiasco)We had 3 boats in the tournament and after the first day we were in 1st and 3rd out of 70+ boats. The second place boat was a Panga with begineer fisherman on it. I was told they were in by 9:30 on the first day of the tournament??. By the way our 1st place boat had a 47lbs and 36lbs dorado. Our 3rd place boat had a 40lbs and 38lbs dorado.

The last day of the Tounament was simple go out and SPOT fish for the Grande's. Which is what we did. Both boats improved on their first day fish. the boat in the lead improved their second fish to a 42lbs. fish giving them a total of 89+ pounds for the tounament. We also improved our first day total with a 46lbs and a 41lbs for a grand total of almost 88lbs.

When we got to the Marina and weighed our fish we looked at the board and to my suprise the panga with the begineer fisherman on it had caught another big fish 3 oz smaller the the first day and were in agian by 9 am. I was told they went and played a round of golf then came back to the Marina later in the day

They had beaten our Baja Invader 3 by 2 oz. the sad part about this is the 42 lb. fish they had brought to the scale had thrown a 2lb. squid out while they where catching it...and the name of the boat that won....EL SQUIDO....

So we ended the Fishing for the Mission Tounament as follow
Baja Invader 3 placed 2nd and won Largest fish of the Tournament
Baja Invader 4 Placed 3rd
Baja Invader 5 Let us down AS USUAL!!!To many wantabe Capts on board...

Not a bad showing. Since we have won this Touney 2 years ago and have won the last 2 GOV Cups. in Loreto.

Let me add that We have 3 of the BEST skippers in Loreto. Rigo,Paublo and Rafeal Martinez are the best capt. day in and day out in Loreto.

http://www.allcoast.com/discussion/ViewTopic.cfm?page=1&...
copy and paste

Cypress - 7-19-2008 at 12:44 PM

Congrats and thanks for the report,:bounce:

Pescador - 7-20-2008 at 03:28 PM

Diver, looks like he pulled the report when he ran into flack about no "release" to go with the "catch"

Phil C - 7-20-2008 at 03:57 PM

Yea, I don't understand killing so many Grouper.....:no:

Cypress - 7-20-2008 at 04:21 PM

27 grouper up to 37 lbs. Congrats. you just wiped out a reef, hope you had "Fun".

Diver - 7-20-2008 at 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
Diver, looks like he pulled the report when he ran into flack about no "release" to go with the "catch"

Maybe I should "pull" this one to.
I'm just the messenger.
One big grouper per day is my personal limit whether fishing or diving.

bajabird - 7-24-2008 at 08:42 AM

I want to learn how to fish......

I thought every gov cup was won by the biggest and best cheater..... funny that this years event was suppose to have EVERYONE in Juncalito to start....or would be DISQUALIFIED. Yah right, only 15 or so of the 50+ entries were there. We zoom out to the fishing grounds and find 30-40 out there fishing already..... The gov knows the people, and when monies involved its easy to store fish. Funny that the gov cups winners were all into the 50lb class of fish, fishing in one day between juncalito start at 7am and juncalito weigh in at 4pm..... 2 days of fishing the mission, no one was close to those fish.

ps I thought Enrique won this years gov cup

ahhh fisherman, who can you trust..... oh yeh, poker players

tripledigitken - 7-24-2008 at 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
27 grouper up to 37 lbs. Congrats. you just wiped out a reef, hope you had "Fun".

:(